Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind 11:42 - Jul 19 with 3541 viewsunstableblue

We're off to a music festival this weekend.

A mum in the group we're going with was visiting a friend on Friday, she didn't have much contact with the daughter of the house, but that daughter has since tested positive for Covid, the mum of that house (who our friend had contact with) subsequently did a PCR which was clear... then today our festival friend has been pinged by NHS app to self isolate for 10 days from today. She has been doing lateral flows daily, all negative, and is attempting to organise a private PCR for Thurs ahead of festival.

She is double jabbed. And has to complete a videoed lateral flow on Thurs as well to get access to festival.

This with the back drop that most people are deleting the app, and soon the 10 day isolation rule will be retired in her case.

What's people's thoughts? she's desperate to go, and has other house members also going.

Sensible advice/opinions welcome please.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind on 18:28 - Jul 19 with 277 viewsGeorge03

Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind on 16:50 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

What about a text? Is that a requirement? Mine read like it was.

The text are a legal requirement i think. The text would of been sent from track and trace because someone you were a close contact of would have past on your number onto them.

Its just the app which isn't.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 18:30]
Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind on 18:42 - Jul 19 with 258 viewsmikeybloo88

Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind on 14:17 - Jul 19 by TractorWood

I did lateral flows last week both with and without symptoms. All negative. Went for PCR and it was positive. A few people I know did similar. I really wouldn't use them as any type of logic behind doing or not doing something.

I've been double jabbed for month plus and am a pretty fit dude in my early 30s (triathlon mainly). I've been pretty ill for 5 days.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 14:21]

LFTs are not for use if you have symptoms.... Thats why it clearly says on them do not use if you have symptoms. Conversely to your experience, I know of two people last week who were about to travel and did three consecutive LFTs and finally a PCR test, all of which were negative. So maybe LFTs are pretty accurate confirming you don't have covid as has often been claimed.
Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind on 18:50 - Jul 19 with 247 viewsTractorWood

Covid ping advice? TWTD hive mind on 18:42 - Jul 19 by mikeybloo88

LFTs are not for use if you have symptoms.... Thats why it clearly says on them do not use if you have symptoms. Conversely to your experience, I know of two people last week who were about to travel and did three consecutive LFTs and finally a PCR test, all of which were negative. So maybe LFTs are pretty accurate confirming you don't have covid as has often been claimed.

But I did them both before and after developing symptoms (after attending Wembley) and never got a positive LF at any point.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024