Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... 10:55 - Jul 30 with 3594 viewsDebsyAngel

Feeling pretty down about my birthday tomorrow - 50 for goodness sakes. Always feel a bit low in the week leading up to it every year for some reason, but this year seems to be worse because of the milestone.

I really wanted a huge party in a pub with all my friends/family - but that idea of course got shelved because of this rotten covid. Feel that thing has destroyed any plan I have made in my life now, and it will never go away as we all know, so the good times I cannot see returning.

I have close family round tomorrow afternoon and hoping the weather will be at least dry, as want to sit outside - too scared to have 6 of us all in one small room. Despite them all being fully vaccinated, I still feel terrified I will catch the virus or my Dad will.

I should be feeling happy - got lots of presents and cards accumulating over the last couple of weeks to open - so hope my mood improves, but think there will be a lot of tears shed too!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 10:59 - Jul 30 with 1976 viewsTractorCam

Happy birthday Debsy, hope your day goes well and you enjoy some good time with your close family.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:01 - Jul 30 with 1959 viewsParsley

Happy birthday for tomorrow! Hope you have a lovely time with your family, maybe you could plan a bigger celebration in the future when things have calmed down a bit?
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:05 - Jul 30 with 1924 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 10:59 - Jul 30 by TractorCam

Happy birthday Debsy, hope your day goes well and you enjoy some good time with your close family.

I hope so too - just hoping the rain stays away! Not seen my mother in law since December 2019!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:06 - Jul 30 with 1917 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:01 - Jul 30 by Parsley

Happy birthday for tomorrow! Hope you have a lovely time with your family, maybe you could plan a bigger celebration in the future when things have calmed down a bit?

Will take some doing but something to consider. I would love something on the scale of our wedding reception when 80 friends from all over the country came down.
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:10 - Jul 30 with 1901 viewsSteve_M

Happy Birthday Debsy, hope you enjoy the day much more than you think you will at the moment. Weather forecast for tomorrow looks a lot better than the weather today too.

I'm sure significant birthdays are better marked by doing something particular (I went out for a whole month when I was 30 and went trekking in Chile for my 40th) but there will be plenty of time to make up for that later in the year or do the big party next year instead.

Also, what do you mean last time you'll be on here in your 40s? There's 13 hours of today left!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:11 - Jul 30 with 1895 viewsWeWereZombies

Turning 50 - that was more than sixteen years ago for me, I'm quite jealous...

But I know how these significant numbers of the years we spend on this Earth can have a sobering effect on our mental outlook. Not sure how I will feel should I reach my seventieth birthday, I have got that age earmarked as the date to stop sea kayaking but I won't hold to that if I still feel up to it. I heard about a seventy seven year old on the island I live on who was still kayaking this week. Mind you, I heard about her because she broke her hip as she was getting out of a kayak. Maybe it is all about deciding what you can do, accepting that and making the most of what opportunities you have left. And when you stop doing one thing it does free up time to think about doing something new, something you have never tried and are still capable of, something you have never even thought of and which suddenly opens up a whole new vista of possibilities.

I know you have significant challenges and that paragraph above may not seem useful, but think about it. I am by no means an accomplished gardener but I do seem to be able to cultivate quite a few plants. So my idea is that when I can't walk up hills, kayak or mountain bike anymore I still think I will be able to get a reasonable degree of enjoyment out of improving a patch of ground. I might even improve my abilities to do so without other distractions, and it is so therapeutic and satisfying to have a splash of colour outside the back door or to bring in lettuce and potatoes for the table.

There again I may decide to forget the garden altogether and finally learn to play a musical instrument properly...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:13 - Jul 30 with 1889 viewsGuthrum

50 isn't so bad. Very little different to 49.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow and more opportunities to (confidently and safely) go out and enjoy yourself in the near future.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

[Redacted] on 11:16 - Jul 30 with 1865 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:19 - Jul 30 with 1846 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:10 - Jul 30 by Steve_M

Happy Birthday Debsy, hope you enjoy the day much more than you think you will at the moment. Weather forecast for tomorrow looks a lot better than the weather today too.

I'm sure significant birthdays are better marked by doing something particular (I went out for a whole month when I was 30 and went trekking in Chile for my 40th) but there will be plenty of time to make up for that later in the year or do the big party next year instead.

Also, what do you mean last time you'll be on here in your 40s? There's 13 hours of today left!

13 hours of trying to fight my lethargy and get stuff sorted! Not been going to bed before 3 am the last few weeks as not sleeping well, so will try my hardest today!

I remember on my 30th bursting into tears and saying "I am OLD now"! I would do anything to be 30 again LOL!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 1827 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:11 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Turning 50 - that was more than sixteen years ago for me, I'm quite jealous...

But I know how these significant numbers of the years we spend on this Earth can have a sobering effect on our mental outlook. Not sure how I will feel should I reach my seventieth birthday, I have got that age earmarked as the date to stop sea kayaking but I won't hold to that if I still feel up to it. I heard about a seventy seven year old on the island I live on who was still kayaking this week. Mind you, I heard about her because she broke her hip as she was getting out of a kayak. Maybe it is all about deciding what you can do, accepting that and making the most of what opportunities you have left. And when you stop doing one thing it does free up time to think about doing something new, something you have never tried and are still capable of, something you have never even thought of and which suddenly opens up a whole new vista of possibilities.

I know you have significant challenges and that paragraph above may not seem useful, but think about it. I am by no means an accomplished gardener but I do seem to be able to cultivate quite a few plants. So my idea is that when I can't walk up hills, kayak or mountain bike anymore I still think I will be able to get a reasonable degree of enjoyment out of improving a patch of ground. I might even improve my abilities to do so without other distractions, and it is so therapeutic and satisfying to have a splash of colour outside the back door or to bring in lettuce and potatoes for the table.

There again I may decide to forget the garden altogether and finally learn to play a musical instrument properly...

I hope you enjoy whatever you choose to do! I am useless with gardening - tried planting a sunflower a couple of months ago, and all that achieved was giving a shedload of snails a meal out!

I just want to return to the days of getting to a few gigs and dancing in the pub till 2am again, like I did before this covid hell stamped it all out. I have not got the fitness I once had, due to health problems, but would love this to return, and to meet up with my friends again.
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 1821 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:13 - Jul 30 by Guthrum

50 isn't so bad. Very little different to 49.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow and more opportunities to (confidently and safely) go out and enjoy yourself in the near future.

Thank you! I will say I am looking forward to the CDs and records to open - but feel some have gone OTT with the amount they have bought me!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:25 - Jul 30 with 1804 viewsDebsyAngel

[Redacted] on 11:16 - Jul 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I love T Rex - great song to be No. 1 on the day you were born!!

I think I will be too busy getting ready and listening to Pick of the Pops and being on a Facebook forum about that show, to dance at all, but thanks! I will be a bag of nerves as not been together as a family since end of December 2019, so it's going to be strange.
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 1741 viewsWeWereZombies

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:05 - Jul 30 by DebsyAngel

I hope so too - just hoping the rain stays away! Not seen my mother in law since December 2019!

There must be a Les Dawson joke in there but I darn't go and find it...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:58 - Jul 30 with 1720 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:54 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

There must be a Les Dawson joke in there but I darn't go and find it...

I am sure I know the same joke! Thankfully my mum in law is a lovely person!!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 11:59 - Jul 30 with 1716 viewsgtsb1966

Seriously though have a great birthday
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:07 - Jul 30 with 1703 viewsMerseyBlue

Happy Birthday for tomorrow

I can relate to feeling low around birthdays, it's an annual tradition at this point and though I've had some great birthdays, and I don't particularly fear getting older (yet), there's something about the weeks surrounding it that always fill me with dread. For me I think it's that pressure to feel good - everyone is supposed to love their birthday and celebrations seem to get bigger and bigger for a lot of people.

What you've got planned sounds like it will be a special day given the circumstances we all find ourselves in. Seeing family and friends is really the only thing that matters when you cut right down to it so I hope you get to enjoy the memories.

With the virus - better days will come. We don't know when, lots of us still have our lives on hold in so many different ways - it's pretty understandable to feel deflated by that but eventually we'll be able to move on. Have a great day!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 1700 viewsCoastalblue

I couldn't imagine being 50, but it happened, and it turns out it's not that different to being 40.

Hope you have a great day and the sun shines on you and yours.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:18 - Jul 30 with 1681 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:07 - Jul 30 by MerseyBlue

Happy Birthday for tomorrow

I can relate to feeling low around birthdays, it's an annual tradition at this point and though I've had some great birthdays, and I don't particularly fear getting older (yet), there's something about the weeks surrounding it that always fill me with dread. For me I think it's that pressure to feel good - everyone is supposed to love their birthday and celebrations seem to get bigger and bigger for a lot of people.

What you've got planned sounds like it will be a special day given the circumstances we all find ourselves in. Seeing family and friends is really the only thing that matters when you cut right down to it so I hope you get to enjoy the memories.

With the virus - better days will come. We don't know when, lots of us still have our lives on hold in so many different ways - it's pretty understandable to feel deflated by that but eventually we'll be able to move on. Have a great day!

Thanks - good to know I am not the only one who feels like this around their birthday. I just hope I can feel well enough, and next door don't ruin it with their noise (an impossibility sadly), but will be swamped with presents and cards and pressure to get ready on time, and tons of Facebook messages from my friends to read.
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 1675 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:11 - Jul 30 by Coastalblue

I couldn't imagine being 50, but it happened, and it turns out it's not that different to being 40.

Hope you have a great day and the sun shines on you and yours.

Thanks Coastal - hope the sun does shine - hossing it down here at the moment! :(
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 1655 viewsMerseyBlue

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:18 - Jul 30 by DebsyAngel

Thanks - good to know I am not the only one who feels like this around their birthday. I just hope I can feel well enough, and next door don't ruin it with their noise (an impossibility sadly), but will be swamped with presents and cards and pressure to get ready on time, and tons of Facebook messages from my friends to read.

Those last bits are the things to focus on, all the good stuff

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:31 - Jul 30 with 1640 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:23 - Jul 30 by MerseyBlue

Those last bits are the things to focus on, all the good stuff

And the cake.... oh yes. My Mum is not making one this year sadly, but is buying one today! Not really going to drink as lost my alcohol tolerance since March 2019, but will have a can of lager at least.
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 1594 viewsCoastalblue

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 12:31 - Jul 30 by DebsyAngel

And the cake.... oh yes. My Mum is not making one this year sadly, but is buying one today! Not really going to drink as lost my alcohol tolerance since March 2019, but will have a can of lager at least.

Always knew you were a classy bird Debs, swigging a can of Stella in the rain, where were you 30 years ago?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 1584 viewsDebsyAngel

Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 13:05 - Jul 30 by Coastalblue

Always knew you were a classy bird Debs, swigging a can of Stella in the rain, where were you 30 years ago?

Classier than that.... Aldi own brand lager!!!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 13:22 - Jul 30 with 1581 viewsPhilTWTD

Happy birthday. 50 isn't too bad, honestly!
Last time I will be on here in my 40s.... on 13:30 - Jul 30 with 1545 viewshoppy

Happy birthday for tomorrow. Hope you enjoy what you have planned.

We had multiple disappointments on the milestone birthday front last year due to Covid/lockdown etc.
My Dad was 80 last March, KJ was 40 in September and I was 50 in December, so we didn't get to have the big party we'd planned for our two birthdays, and we weren't even able to be with my Dad for his 80th!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024