Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, masks yesterday…. 17:26 - Aug 8 with 3978 viewsMatt_Netherlands

What was it like around the ground in general? I was in SBRU and I thought I’d grown a second head, with some of the looks I was getting for wearing one in my way in and out the ground.

Keen to know what it was like in other areas of the ground? I’d say in the SBR concourses, fewer than 10% had a mask on. Not that there was much being done by stewards / signs / announcements to reinforce the rule that they are meant to be worn in them.

So, masks yesterday…. on 07:30 - Aug 9 with 566 viewsthebooks

So, masks yesterday…. on 19:53 - Aug 8 by DinDjarin

COOP stand probably less than 5% wearing masks.

Probably goes against what the covid mafia on here agrees with but as I have said before this board is not anything close to the real world.

Yes, I was thinking this at the match. I went for a pee about 10m before kick-off and less than 5% were wearing a mask in the concourse or the toilet, loads singing in full voice (not while they were having a pee, I will add).

For all the chat on here about people being sensbile, either they changed their minds or it’s unrepresentative of people who go.

I wore a mask in the concourse.

Also, “Covid Mafia” — not particularly helpful that.
So, masks yesterday…. on 08:48 - Aug 9 with 495 viewsStewart27

That’s strange.

I wore mine in the concourse of the lower Cobbold and nobody batted an eyelid. Some wore it and most didn’t. I don’t think I wore mine at half time.
So, masks yesterday…. on 09:28 - Aug 9 with 438 viewsEdmundo

So, masks yesterday…. on 06:25 - Aug 9 by Blue_Heath

I wore mine as I am CEV and sit in a crowded area, only one other person near me wore one. As someone else mentioned it appeared to be mainly college age kids wearing them but incredibly low numbers overall given the Euro spread you'd think people would wear one so they don't get sick or have to isolate and miss a game but a personal choice. Unless things change drastically I can't see me not wearing mine until at least next April.

No enforcement whatsoever anywhere and a token gesture hand gel on the wall outside the gents!

To be fair I thought the hand gel was a good move, as barely 10% of men seem to bother washing hands, and with the queue for the loos that was probably lower (2 sinks!)

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

So, masks yesterday…. on 09:37 - Aug 9 with 423 viewsSamWhiteUK

I wore my mask once I was outside the ground, wore it through the first half, through half time, and took it off for the second half once we had moved to a less crowded area of the stand.

I thought it was disgusting that in the toilets at half time, not only was basically no one wearing a mask, but the majority of people didn't even wash their hands after pissing, which is gross anyway, let alone with Covid about. Oh, and I didn't see anyone other than myself use the hand sanitiser provided.

People are awful.
So, masks yesterday…. on 09:49 - Aug 9 with 400 viewsbluelagos

So, masks yesterday…. on 09:37 - Aug 9 by SamWhiteUK

I wore my mask once I was outside the ground, wore it through the first half, through half time, and took it off for the second half once we had moved to a less crowded area of the stand.

I thought it was disgusting that in the toilets at half time, not only was basically no one wearing a mask, but the majority of people didn't even wash their hands after pissing, which is gross anyway, let alone with Covid about. Oh, and I didn't see anyone other than myself use the hand sanitiser provided.

People are awful.

People have different attitudes to risk, different assessment of dangers and different beliefs in how they should/shouldn't behave with respect to protecting themselves and/or others.

Labelling people as awful (or as 'nonces' as someone did earlier on this thread) is far from helpful. Bu all means challenge their behavour if you disagree with it, but they behave as they do because they have different beliefs, experiences and judgements than you, nothing more/less.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So, masks yesterday…. on 10:33 - Aug 9 with 350 viewsWD19

So, masks yesterday…. on 09:49 - Aug 9 by bluelagos

People have different attitudes to risk, different assessment of dangers and different beliefs in how they should/shouldn't behave with respect to protecting themselves and/or others.

Labelling people as awful (or as 'nonces' as someone did earlier on this thread) is far from helpful. Bu all means challenge their behavour if you disagree with it, but they behave as they do because they have different beliefs, experiences and judgements than you, nothing more/less.

It is because different people have differing attitudes to putting others at risk that the club helpfully laid out some conditions of entry that removed shades of grey.

I am not sure why highlighting poor behaviour in light of those conditions is 'unhelpful'.
So, masks yesterday…. on 10:40 - Aug 9 with 331 viewsbluelagos

So, masks yesterday…. on 10:33 - Aug 9 by WD19

It is because different people have differing attitudes to putting others at risk that the club helpfully laid out some conditions of entry that removed shades of grey.

I am not sure why highlighting poor behaviour in light of those conditions is 'unhelpful'.

It is counter productive to label and name call. By all means challenge the bahaviours, no issues with that.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024