Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CB and CM? 08:24 - Aug 10 with 1382 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone have any real inklings as to who they might be we are looking at?

Heard we are after to CB or at least have read it a few times, I am aware of the Shinnie interest and rumours, not sure how strong they are on fact, of Mariappa, both would be amazing signings at this level though

CM though, apart from Morrell for a little while yesterday so we know if there is any interest in anyone?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

New CB and CM? on 08:37 - Aug 10 with 1293 viewsBlueyandCrazy

They seem to be the 2 names still in circulation, and there does appear to be interest in them. Think its a waiting game on these as for different reasons difficult deals to conclude.

Graeme Shinnie
Irony is that whilst I'm sure Derby could do with a fee, they not only can't spend it on players, but are short of players themselves, due to their transfer embargo. Therefore suitors like us are having to wait until they get other players -freebies and loans in the door.

Adrian Marriappa
Like the other veteran centre backs linked with us recently (Jagielka etc) I guess he is waiting to see what Championship interest materialises first, and what other offers he gets.

On top of this, the 2 positions are more challenging to fill than some of the others as;

CB - we are really looking for experience, a captain and playing at a higher level here, so are competing with championship clubs in a small pool

CM - the incomer will likely be third choice to Evans and Harper.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

New CB and CM? on 08:43 - Aug 10 with 1240 viewsitfcpaul

New CB and CM? on 08:37 - Aug 10 by BlueyandCrazy

They seem to be the 2 names still in circulation, and there does appear to be interest in them. Think its a waiting game on these as for different reasons difficult deals to conclude.

Graeme Shinnie
Irony is that whilst I'm sure Derby could do with a fee, they not only can't spend it on players, but are short of players themselves, due to their transfer embargo. Therefore suitors like us are having to wait until they get other players -freebies and loans in the door.

Adrian Marriappa
Like the other veteran centre backs linked with us recently (Jagielka etc) I guess he is waiting to see what Championship interest materialises first, and what other offers he gets.

On top of this, the 2 positions are more challenging to fill than some of the others as;

CB - we are really looking for experience, a captain and playing at a higher level here, so are competing with championship clubs in a small pool

CM - the incomer will likely be third choice to Evans and Harper.

I think you are right

I would love someone like jagielka, yes probably far out of our reach, but who knows if he gets any other offers or not, but someone of that calibre would be amazing, I don't know enough about Shinnie or Mariappa to give a great opinion but certainly need some big experience in there

Woolfenden isnt the player we need right now, not giving up on him but for now he isnt the jigsaw piece we need

Sm is the interesting one, need someone who is as good as what we have but will find it hard to get anyone of that level knowing he is likely to be on the bench

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

New CB and CM? on 08:44 - Aug 10 with 1243 viewschicoazul

Shinnie is a CM and Phil seems sure he is one we are in for. He also seems to think we are after 2 CMs which implies Nolan is getting bombed or sold.
I believe we were waiting for the Downes affair to conclude before completing the squad with another 3 players. Probably because Downes was a big earner and sounds like a very good fee.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New CB and CM? on 08:52 - Aug 10 with 1146 viewsitfcpaul

New CB and CM? on 08:44 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Shinnie is a CM and Phil seems sure he is one we are in for. He also seems to think we are after 2 CMs which implies Nolan is getting bombed or sold.
I believe we were waiting for the Downes affair to conclude before completing the squad with another 3 players. Probably because Downes was a big earner and sounds like a very good fee.

I must have mis-read something then as I thought we were after two CB? We are exceedingly thin in both areas (compared to the rest of the squad) so looks like he wants to have enough cover all over

New CB and CM? on 08:53 - Aug 10 with 1140 viewspointofblue

New CB and CM? on 08:52 - Aug 10 by itfcpaul

I must have mis-read something then as I thought we were after two CB? We are exceedingly thin in both areas (compared to the rest of the squad) so looks like he wants to have enough cover all over

One CB and two CMs, I think.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 8:53]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

New CB and CM? on 08:55 - Aug 10 with 1099 viewsitfcpaul

New CB and CM? on 08:53 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

One CB and two CMs, I think.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 8:53]

Ok cheers

Would leave us short at CB don't you think, with Toto out and then only having Woolfendedn and JD and Edmundson when he is fit, wontt need much to leave us a little short

New CB and CM? on 08:57 - Aug 10 with 1081 viewschicoazul

New CB and CM? on 08:52 - Aug 10 by itfcpaul

Phil reported yesterday that we are after 2 CM. I can’t see us getting another 2 CB unless the injury to Toto or George is very bad (3 months+). We have Janoi to slot in there if needed and could promote someone like Baggott to the bench, given Ndaba and Dobs will soon be off on loan by informed accounts

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

New CB and CM? on 09:07 - Aug 10 with 982 viewsMillsTash

New CB and CM? on 08:43 - Aug 10 by itfcpaul

I think you are right

I would love someone like jagielka, yes probably far out of our reach, but who knows if he gets any other offers or not, but someone of that calibre would be amazing, I don't know enough about Shinnie or Mariappa to give a great opinion but certainly need some big experience in there

Woolfenden isnt the player we need right now, not giving up on him but for now he isnt the jigsaw piece we need

Sm is the interesting one, need someone who is as good as what we have but will find it hard to get anyone of that level knowing he is likely to be on the bench

wasn’t it reported that Jagielka was offered to us via his agent and we have turned it down.
Login to get fewer ads

New CB and CM? on 09:35 - Aug 10 with 791 viewsbracknell_blue

New CB and CM? on 08:44 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Anyone know the situation with Nolan's injury? I still think there is a plkayer in him somewhere and Cook may be the man to reveal it.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

New CB and CM? on 09:47 - Aug 10 with 713 viewschicoazul

New CB and CM? on 09:35 - Aug 10 by bracknell_blue

Anyone know the situation with Nolan's injury? I still think there is a plkayer in him somewhere and Cook may be the man to reveal it.

Couple of our ITK lads said he is training now but has had no pre season at all basically. My gamble is they are concerned about his fitness in general as he has had a few injuries since he joined us and the previous regimes may have wrecked him. Hence us looking for two more. Plus we may be able to realise a decent little fee for him and he will be one of our higher earners.

New CB and CM? on 09:54 - Aug 10 with 671 viewsWickets

Seems that we have our eyes on 2 more midfielders .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024