Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deja vu 20:40 - Aug 10 with 3353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This new era really isn't going to be a repeat of the same is it?

I honestly believe it is different but there is that nagging doubt in the back of mind. The repeated false dawns (Evans, play-offs, Hurst, Lambert, topping League 1 two consecutive seasons) does that to you.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Deja vu on 22:02 - Aug 10 with 392 viewsChrisd

Deja vu on 21:48 - Aug 10 by Radlett_blue

"the team I picked should have been good enough to win the game".
Yes, true, especially given the side Newport put out, but playing a reserve XI tells the players who go out that the game isn't seen as important.

Or it’s game to go out and prove yourself that you deserve to be involved on Saturday at Burton?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Deja vu on 22:07 - Aug 10 with 359 viewsRadlett_blue

Deja vu on 22:02 - Aug 10 by Chrisd

Or it’s game to go out and prove yourself that you deserve to be involved on Saturday at Burton?

Theoretically true, but this adage hasn't exactly served Town well in cups over the last 20 years as we have suffered numerous defeats to lower league opposition.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Deja vu on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 355 viewsportmanking

Deja vu on 20:42 - Aug 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would have liked to have seen a full strength team played tonight, to get the system down and to build momentum.

We never seem to learn.

And risk multiple injuries a la Norwood's hamstring? No thanks.
Deja vu on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 350 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Deja vu on 22:07 - Aug 10 by Radlett_blue

Theoretically true, but this adage hasn't exactly served Town well in cups over the last 20 years as we have suffered numerous defeats to lower league opposition.

That said, cups have notoriously seen upsets even in the days when the team wasn't completely changed.

It is disappointing not to compete in the cups at all season on season, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Deja vu on 22:09 - Aug 10 with 340 viewsBlueNode

Deja vu on 21:45 - Aug 10 by N2_Blue

I'm not bothered but we do seem to be trying to kill any feel good factor almost immediately and such a missed opportunity.

Yes we need time...but Morecambe were a completely new team and Newport didn't even play their first team

If i was Cook i would personally done everything to win tonight's game.

Tonight is the very fist time i've tentatively raised a little concern about Cook in my mind. I'm pushing it away but it niggles.

Disappointing and we were unlucky it seems tonight but boy do we need a win Saturday and it's not going to be easy.

I read this post and the thought entered my mind.... wonder if PC made so many changes and could use that excuse just in case he lost.... excuse me... just feeling a bit down after that.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024