Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you blame Cook 18:02 - Aug 21 with 680 viewsBlueNomad

for many of the dropped points? Appalling errors, silly mistakes, missed penalty and missed sitter. Not defending him but nothing he could do about any of those things.
Can you blame Cook on 18:05 - Aug 21 with 654 viewschrismakin

I held him account for tues 2nd half decisions, but he was fine today.

I feel sorry for him, should only be judged on this season alone, but it wont happen

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can you blame Cook on 18:38 - Aug 21 with 570 viewsHighgateBlue

He dismantled a successful defence and replaced it with one that lets in twice as many goals. Nobody forced him to bin the player of the season, even if one accepts that it was time for the captain to move on. Terribly unimpressed with what he has done to our defence so far.
Can you blame Cook on 18:42 - Aug 21 with 536 viewschicoazul

Can you blame Cook on 18:05 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

I held him account for tues 2nd half decisions, but he was fine today.

I feel sorry for him, should only be judged on this season alone, but it wont happen

Judging him on the basis of this season is fine, he has if anything so far made us even worse than last season. Or the season before. Or the one before that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can you blame Cook on 18:43 - Aug 21 with 538 viewspointofblue

Can you blame Cook on 18:38 - Aug 21 by HighgateBlue

He dismantled a successful defence and replaced it with one that lets in twice as many goals. Nobody forced him to bin the player of the season, even if one accepts that it was time for the captain to move on. Terribly unimpressed with what he has done to our defence so far.

To be fair Wilson only played in 17 games last season; hardly reliable in terms of fitness. Our defence was more Jekyll and Hyde as well; yes, we kept quite a few clean sheets but when we did concede we really went to town - four at Doncaster, three to Hull, three at home to Swindon, three at Gillingham, Wimbledon, Northampton...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can you blame Cook on 18:46 - Aug 21 with 517 viewsCuffy81

Can you blame Cook on 18:38 - Aug 21 by HighgateBlue

It's not quite as simple as that

We didn't concede many goals last year because we were based on a slow tempo possession game with the the full backs pretty much staying at home. We didn't get caught out of position much and if we did we had cover.

Last seasons defenders would struggle playing Cooks preferred style of play
Can you blame Cook on 19:08 - Aug 21 with 437 viewsChurchman

Yes.

He was not accountable for last season’s shambles in my view, but he is for this. 100%. Its his team. If people are making mistakes, they’re his players. He signed them. If he didn’t, he should say. If they are not fit enough, it’s his people are doing the training so it’s still down to him.

No excuses now. 2 paltry points and lucky to have those. He needs to deliver or head for the door. Pressure? You bet, it goes with the job, just as it does in many other walks of life.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 19:09]
Can you blame Cook on 19:09 - Aug 21 with 426 viewsjas0999

Sadly, the buck stops with the manager. That’s football. Not calling for his head though - but he needs a win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024