Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm excited about Celina now 07:53 - Aug 31 with 2698 viewsBluefish

He isn't the player we need based on the season so far, we have far bigger issues to sort and he isn't a guaranteed success but he is an exciting gamble so might as well get excited

Chucking a maverick into a team that hasn't gelled and isn't well drilled is also potentially a disaster but we shall see. Perhaps he can play his own way and cover some cracks in the short term.

I'm guessing we will have another couple in the door today as well

Crooks would have been better though
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 7:57]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm excited about Celina now on 09:33 - Aug 31 with 421 viewsJDB23

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:11 - Aug 31 by Simonds92

Brilliant piece of business, if it doesnt work out he's only on loan, if it does we're then in pole position to bring in a good championship level player next season.
When he is fit again, a forward line of Burns Celina and Edwards with Bonne / Norwood up front and a decent commanding goalkeeper we should take this division apart (on paper that is, we're all aware of the current reality so won't get too caught up).

Yeah agree with this. I don’t think it’s that much of a gamble on a loan and if it comes good then he could be a monster in this division. Hopefully he’s not too far away in terms of fitness.
I'm excited about Celina now on 14:50 - Aug 31 with 340 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:41 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

Yesterday I said he is a gamble and the other signings are odd if he was a target. I also said he is not guaranteed to be the best player based on some free role cameos many years ago. I have been pretty consistent really if people can read

Yeah, if you only pick and choose certain bits of what you said.

Weird that you're replying to me after saying you wouldn't, and given I'm not the only one who's pointed out your inconsistencies.

But anyway, good to know further down the line you can post how you were 100% correct again regardless of if he's a world beater or a panel beater. You've pretty much covered it all.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm excited about Celina now on 15:02 - Aug 31 with 315 viewsBluefish

I'm excited about Celina now on 14:50 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, if you only pick and choose certain bits of what you said.

Weird that you're replying to me after saying you wouldn't, and given I'm not the only one who's pointed out your inconsistencies.

But anyway, good to know further down the line you can post how you were 100% correct again regardless of if he's a world beater or a panel beater. You've pretty much covered it all.

Every now and again I like the entertainment of interacting with someone so odd. I then get bored of it and move on

My view is pretty standard, people are overhyping a player based on very little. He is a gamble but because of his style and individualism he is an exciting gamble in a position that we don't really need with many other massive gaps in a struggling side.

The gamble becomes exciting because we have him albeit his signing shows some worrying issues with our recruitment focus

The opposite view is it we've signed the best player possible and we will now walk the league based on him. I'm not convinced mine is the silly view here

You however think Lambert is great and that not winning a game this season isn't an issue

I'm excited about Celina now on 15:03 - Aug 31 with 313 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm excited about Celina now on 08:30 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

None of the other issues we have a re personnel ones for me, and should be solvable with good coaching and organisation.

You can always add more, but if we don't the squad is still ridiculous. Morsy would be great, of course, but we've enough in CM and it is up to management team to get more out of them

Honestly I think we just need a defensive-minded coach
I'm excited about Celina now on 15:14 - Aug 31 with 284 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm excited about Celina now on 15:02 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

Every now and again I like the entertainment of interacting with someone so odd. I then get bored of it and move on

My view is pretty standard, people are overhyping a player based on very little. He is a gamble but because of his style and individualism he is an exciting gamble in a position that we don't really need with many other massive gaps in a struggling side.

The gamble becomes exciting because we have him albeit his signing shows some worrying issues with our recruitment focus

The opposite view is it we've signed the best player possible and we will now walk the league based on him. I'm not convinced mine is the silly view here

You however think Lambert is great and that not winning a game this season isn't an issue

I like how you write a silly opposite view and then say that it's silly. Well played. The truth is, of course, that no-one has said he's "the best player possible and we will now walk the league based on him."

Unless, of course, you can link me to someone who has.

I imagine this is the bit where you decide to get bored and not reply...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm excited about Celina now on 15:17 - Aug 31 with 281 viewsBluefish

I'm excited about Celina now on 15:14 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

I like how you write a silly opposite view and then say that it's silly. Well played. The truth is, of course, that no-one has said he's "the best player possible and we will now walk the league based on him."

Unless, of course, you can link me to someone who has.

I imagine this is the bit where you decide to get bored and not reply...

This is why I wonder why I bothered entertaining someone so thick. You must have read it all on here surely? Yes but you want to argue anyway. Bye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024