Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN 22:41 - Sep 23 with 1142 viewsunstableblue

Make it stop already
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 7:31]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 06:30 - Sep 24 with 988 viewsSE1blue

And you’ve confused this with a ‘football thread’.

Everyone is failing miserably.

Well, you and Boris.

But we forgive you. Not Boris.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 07:34 - Sep 24 with 926 viewsunstableblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 06:30 - Sep 24 by SE1blue

And you’ve confused this with a ‘football thread’.

Everyone is failing miserably.

Well, you and Boris.

But we forgive you. Not Boris.

Apologies SE1… I have amended my error

If only we could amend the error of people voting in Boris?

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 08:44 - Sep 24 with 884 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 07:34 - Sep 24 by unstableblue

Apologies SE1… I have amended my error

If only we could amend the error of people voting in Boris?

Not that difficult Unstableblue - just give them a suitable alternative. JC as leader and Diane Abbot as Home Sec, did not appeal last time. You do the maths
Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 08:45 - Sep 24 with 880 viewsLeoMuff

Absolutely bombed.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:17 - Sep 24 with 839 viewsWeWereZombies

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 08:44 - Sep 24 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Not that difficult Unstableblue - just give them a suitable alternative. JC as leader and Diane Abbot as Home Sec, did not appeal last time. You do the maths

We will never know but they may have found their feet and done a job - it should be clear by now that Boris Johnson never will.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:25 - Sep 24 with 821 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:17 - Sep 24 by WeWereZombies

We will never know but they may have found their feet and done a job - it should be clear by now that Boris Johnson never will.

The Great British Public will be the judge of that of course - they usually get it right.
The conference season starts soon - be a good judge to see what the odds are after they have taken place.
Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:32 - Sep 24 with 806 viewsWeWereZombies

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:25 - Sep 24 by Timefliesbyintheblue

The Great British Public will be the judge of that of course - they usually get it right.
The conference season starts soon - be a good judge to see what the odds are after they have taken place.

Ah, the tyranny of the majority argument...

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:33 - Sep 24 with 807 viewsDarth_Koont

I have no problem with the joke. What’s annoying is that the underlying message of it being easy and technology sorting this out is woefully inadequate.

In the same way saying don’t worry about Covid and measures we need to take now and over a longer period because technology will just come along with a vaccine. Unfortunately that view and how easy it was seemed to pervade the UK government’s thinking until it was too late.

Of course, with climate change, it’s technology plus some relatively hard choices and sacrifices that will make the necessary difference. And a perfect time to reset for developed countries that are now seeing constant growth and a focus on GDP not leading to the same quality of life benefits as before.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:33 - Sep 24 with 801 viewsEwan_Oozami

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:25 - Sep 24 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Depends what you mean by "right"....

But remember, in nearly all GEs more people don't vote for the incoming Govt than do - it's just the way the votes are sliced into parliamentary seats that distorts the overall "will of the people"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:34 - Sep 24 with 789 viewsDigger77

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:17 - Sep 24 by WeWereZombies

Diana Abbott has two left feet.

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:37 - Sep 24 with 773 viewsBluefish

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:33 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

I have no problem with the joke. What’s annoying is that the underlying message of it being easy and technology sorting this out is woefully inadequate.

In the same way saying don’t worry about Covid and measures we need to take now and over a longer period because technology will just come along with a vaccine. Unfortunately that view and how easy it was seemed to pervade the UK government’s thinking until it was too late.

Of course, with climate change, it’s technology plus some relatively hard choices and sacrifices that will make the necessary difference. And a perfect time to reset for developed countries that are now seeing constant growth and a focus on GDP not leading to the same quality of life benefits as before.

You'd be livid if Starmer did it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:41 - Sep 24 with 768 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:33 - Sep 24 by Ewan_Oozami

Depends what you mean by "right"....

But remember, in nearly all GEs more people don't vote for the incoming Govt than do - it's just the way the votes are sliced into parliamentary seats that distorts the overall "will of the people"

I entirely agree with you EO and it is always the parties that lose that decry our voting system. I am very open minded about it personally but do so wish that more than the usual 65% - 70% of the electorate would actually use their vote.
All of our political parties ignore the young most of the time. We need to engage much better with the say 18 - 25 age group to encourage them to go out and vote.
I'm not really in favour of coalitions though....
Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:42 - Sep 24 with 761 viewsWeWereZombies

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:41 - Sep 24 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I entirely agree with you EO and it is always the parties that lose that decry our voting system. I am very open minded about it personally but do so wish that more than the usual 65% - 70% of the electorate would actually use their vote.
All of our political parties ignore the young most of the time. We need to engage much better with the say 18 - 25 age group to encourage them to go out and vote.
I'm not really in favour of coalitions though....

Ahem, in Scotland the 16-18 year olds get a say in some elections too (you can register to vote from 15 up here.)

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:49 - Sep 24 with 745 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:37 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

You'd be livid if Starmer did it

As I said, it’s not the joke it’s the underlying message I have a problem with. But don’t worry I’m sure I’ll have a problem with Starmer too considering he seems equally uninterested in addressing the wider economic picture of climate change and its challenges.

Stick to boring people with your football trolling. You’re a deeply unserious and self-obsessed person but at least it doesn’t come across as badly there.

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:56 - Sep 24 with 722 viewsBluefish

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:49 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

As I said, it’s not the joke it’s the underlying message I have a problem with. But don’t worry I’m sure I’ll have a problem with Starmer too considering he seems equally uninterested in addressing the wider economic picture of climate change and its challenges.

Stick to boring people with your football trolling. You’re a deeply unserious and self-obsessed person but at least it doesn’t come across as badly there.

Lol

SYL would probably get upset about me too

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 10:03 - Sep 24 with 694 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:42 - Sep 24 by WeWereZombies

Ahem, in Scotland the 16-18 year olds get a say in some elections too (you can register to vote from 15 up here.)

Hey, I see nothing wrong with that at all. Lowering the age of voting to say 16 would not be a bad thing in my opinion. My point is all parties need to engage with youngsters a lot more. I have for a considerable time advocated having say a 'Minister for The Young' (call it what you will!) and making it a cabinet position.
Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 10:08 - Sep 24 with 681 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:56 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

Lol

SYL would probably get upset about me too

😃

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 10:13 - Sep 24 with 669 viewsunstableblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 09:33 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

Welcome to my world Darth.

Humans need a reset of what they value... going for a walk in pristine nature, experiencing clean air, water and environment, interacting with fish, bird and mammal is more valuable than monetary gain.... its just how we make decisions based on value... every day there is news of lost habitat, species... did you know the beautiful German forests are dying due to temp increase..

We also need to re-evaluate growth as a positive force; growth can be measured in improve society and environment and happiness

But even if you went back to the old valuation methods, the cost of climate change, the cost of making infrastructure resilient, actually outweighs what is would cost to truly green, BUT you have to take a 40 year return on investment view.. not the usual 5-10 years.

Built environment, pouring new concrete needs a complete rethink as well.

Obviously what is of most value is getting Ipswich into the Premier League.. they could tarmac rendlesham forest to achieve that.... wibble wibble... nurse nurse

PS - talking about kermit the frog and miss piggy being upset in some rambling incoheret style, really isn't a joke, it makes the UK look like a joke

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 10:25 - Sep 24 with 636 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 10:13 - Sep 24 by unstableblue

Welcome to my world Darth.

Humans need a reset of what they value... going for a walk in pristine nature, experiencing clean air, water and environment, interacting with fish, bird and mammal is more valuable than monetary gain.... its just how we make decisions based on value... every day there is news of lost habitat, species... did you know the beautiful German forests are dying due to temp increase..

We also need to re-evaluate growth as a positive force; growth can be measured in improve society and environment and happiness

But even if you went back to the old valuation methods, the cost of climate change, the cost of making infrastructure resilient, actually outweighs what is would cost to truly green, BUT you have to take a 40 year return on investment view.. not the usual 5-10 years.

Built environment, pouring new concrete needs a complete rethink as well.

Obviously what is of most value is getting Ipswich into the Premier League.. they could tarmac rendlesham forest to achieve that.... wibble wibble... nurse nurse

PS - talking about kermit the frog and miss piggy being upset in some rambling incoheret style, really isn't a joke, it makes the UK look like a joke

Couldn’t agree more. And I think the short-termism of politics and especially the political news cycle is at the core of the problem. Both the problem and the solution have a scope way beyond those narrow limits.

So if we want cross-border consensus, we first need consensus across the UK political parties re: a proportionate response so it’s hard-baked into our policy-making and budgets whoever is in charge. It’s pretty much a cross-party War Cabinet position that needs to be taken.

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 13:19 - Sep 24 with 549 viewsunstableblue

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 10:25 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

Couldn’t agree more. And I think the short-termism of politics and especially the political news cycle is at the core of the problem. Both the problem and the solution have a scope way beyond those narrow limits.

So if we want cross-border consensus, we first need consensus across the UK political parties re: a proportionate response so it’s hard-baked into our policy-making and budgets whoever is in charge. It’s pretty much a cross-party War Cabinet position that needs to be taken.

hippie

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 13:38 - Sep 24 with 528 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris seems to have confused the Have I Got News Studios for the UN on 13:19 - Sep 24 by unstableblue

hippie

I know. First the planet, then I’ll be saying poor, hungry kids aren’t cool and we should, you know, do something about it, man.

Or some other dippy, New Age bullish/t.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024