Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These fuel shortages - a thought 13:01 - Sep 25 with 835 viewsZx1988

However incompetent the current government is, the last 18mths have proven that they're experts at getting the public to blame anyone but them, and to start fighting amongst themselves.

Is it beyond the wit of reason that the government may have played a blinder here?

If they were aware that fuel shortages were about to become a thing, it seems like a tactic right out of their playbook to stress that supplies are sufficient whilst doing just enough to incite panic buying.

Hey presto, the fuel shortages that may have been happening anyway occur, yet the blame is laid at the feet of the general public, rather than the government or Brexit...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

These fuel shortages - a thought on 13:18 - Sep 25 with 736 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What fuel shortages? There aren't any. Only delivery issues.

** Until idiots brimmed their tanks off yesterday
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 13:19]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

These fuel shortages - a thought on 13:57 - Sep 25 with 658 viewsLightworker

Well quite, when the media and Government shout 'no need to panic buy' they know full well that panic buy is exactly what the majority of people will do. It's just totally irresponsible and I believe quite intentional.
These fuel shortages - a thought on 14:24 - Sep 25 with 565 viewsGlasgowBlue

FFS. There aren't any fuel shortages.

There were 5 BP and 2 Tesco forecourts closed on Thursday due to delivery issues. The media set everyone off panic being and that has led to shortages at the pumps.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

These fuel shortages - a thought on 16:22 - Sep 25 with 448 viewsBlueBadger

These fuel shortages - a thought on 14:24 - Sep 25 by GlasgowBlue

FFS. There aren't any fuel shortages.

There were 5 BP and 2 Tesco forecourts closed on Thursday due to delivery issues. The media set everyone off panic being and that has led to shortages at the pumps.

I blame 'the media' too. If they hadn't conned gullible 52% into believing that foreign workers were a bad thing, we might have avoided this mess.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

These fuel shortages - a thought on 16:27 - Sep 25 with 426 viewsTractorWood

These fuel shortages - a thought on 16:22 - Sep 25 by BlueBadger

I blame 'the media' too. If they hadn't conned gullible 52% into believing that foreign workers were a bad thing, we might have avoided this mess.

I honestly think we need a panic buying law for the media to follow. The last 18 months have proved the general population (on average) is not smart enough to act responsibly. There is no more of a problem now than there has been in the last 3 months. It's just the daily mail readers are sucked in by the alarmism.

To me, it also massively highlights the need to go harder on green energy sooner. It's ridiculous we extract and refine hydrocarbons, distribute them around the world for people to put in the cars instead of using green public transport or indeed electric cars.

Madness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024