Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concern with the BBC 09:26 - Sep 27 with 1042 viewsunstableblue

First I should I am a massive fan of the BBC, they are overall a force for good, and I love much of their content.

But they’ve been under sustained attack by the Tories and rival media for a decade. They are paranoid of their ‘leftie luvvies’ banner.

And it’s now beginning to effect their output.

They are too lenient with the current government and they are not calling out Brexit.

So many examples. Here’s one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58699444

It doesn’t mention Brexit once!!! But that is the cause of the issue. Here is the same farmer, clearly his stated view is that this is down to Brexit:

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Concern with the BBC on 09:30 - Sep 27 with 994 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not Brexit, Not Brexit, Not Brexit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Concern with the BBC on 09:30 - Sep 27 with 995 viewschicoazul

The article you linked to talks about Brexit in the very first paragraph.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Concern with the BBC on 09:31 - Sep 27 with 987 viewsHerbivore

Yep, feels like they are scared to mention the B word. They aren't alone, most of the press isn't going there either with the exception of the Guardian. Nobody in parliament seems willing to name it either, on either the government or opposition benches. I know people don't like to hear that they're reaping what they sow but I'm not sure how we can really move forward as a country when we're not willing to show any accountability and not able to be honest about the problems we're facing and why.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Concern with the BBC on 09:35 - Sep 27 with 962 viewsBlueBadger

Concern with the BBC on 09:31 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

Yep, feels like they are scared to mention the B word. They aren't alone, most of the press isn't going there either with the exception of the Guardian. Nobody in parliament seems willing to name it either, on either the government or opposition benches. I know people don't like to hear that they're reaping what they sow but I'm not sure how we can really move forward as a country when we're not willing to show any accountability and not able to be honest about the problems we're facing and why.

The trouble is a) most of the papers were bang in favour of it and admitting it's a sh1tshower would be essentially admitting they were working a con on the public and b) Brexit is, and has been, for a number of years now, a cult. Anyone pointing out that it's a sh1tshower attracts all manner of harassment from angry, bootlicking loons who are not racist but have Very Real Concerns.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 11:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Concern with the BBC on 09:36 - Sep 27 with 954 viewsunstableblue

Concern with the BBC on 09:30 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

The article you linked to talks about Brexit in the very first paragraph.

Where? Doesn’t mention the word Brexit once in the article??

People been calling the BBC out for this omission

Concern with the BBC on 09:47 - Sep 27 with 925 viewschicoazul

Concern with the BBC on 09:36 - Sep 27 by unstableblue

Where? Doesn’t mention the word Brexit once in the article??

People been calling the BBC out for this omission

What do you think “visa changes to allow labour recruitment from abroad” refers to?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Concern with the BBC on 09:50 - Sep 27 with 907 viewsTonytown

Concern with the BBC on 09:47 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

What do you think “visa changes to allow labour recruitment from abroad” refers to?

It should say Brexit, but doesn’t.

That is the point being made by the op
Oh dear! on 09:56 - Sep 27 with 884 viewsunstableblue

Concern with the BBC on 09:47 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

The point in the video from Paul Kelly is how strongly he is linking it to Brexit.. brexit, brexit, brexit

To then have an article that doesn't repeat that is ridicolous

But the point is that this is an editorial direction not to use the word.. there is needs to be accountability for the Brexit lies that came from those now in power

Until we face up to why brexit came about, the lies told, and the damage caused

We're like the USA who is allowing The Donald back into politics to peddle yet more lies.. and continue the big ELECTION lie

Login to get fewer ads

Concern with the BBC on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 867 viewschicoazul

Concern with the BBC on 09:50 - Sep 27 by Tonytown

It should say Brexit, but doesn’t.

That is the point being made by the op

Don’t you know what it refers to? Doesn’t everyone? OP seems to.
Not everything needs to pander to the lowest common denominator.

Concern with the BBC on 11:14 - Sep 27 with 788 viewssolemio

Concern with the BBC on 10:10 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

Lowest Common Denominator is precisely what is required to get the message over to those who voted for Brexit.

Not everyone is as clever as you keep telling yourself that you are.
Concern with the BBC on 11:31 - Sep 27 with 757 viewsTonytown

People voted for Brexit many of whom liked the lowest common denominator explanation provided by the Leave side. What we are getting is worse than what was anticipated by the Remain side which of course was described as project fear.

It needs to be made clear that this is a direct result of Brexit by using that phrase time and again.
Concern with the BBC on 13:20 - Sep 27 with 678 viewsunstableblue

The turkey farmer's key quotes and messaging is that this issue is ALL due to Brexit, he uses Brexit repeatedly in his view of the issue, and the Independent reported this. He also reported that he'd spoke to other outlets who are shying away from using the key term.

+++STOP THE PRESS+++ to be fair to the BBC on 13:25 - Sep 27 with 664 viewsunstableblue

The one o clock news on BBC1 is sometimes their most unchallenging content

But today they allowed the footage of the Dutch hauliers leader to clearly state that the 5000 visas offer is ridiculous as EU truck drivers simply dont want to work in the UK anymore

And critically the Beeb transport provider stated that some fundamentals caused by brexit, taxation, home visits etc etc havent been resolved so the 5000 is just an empty promise anyway

Critically she identified the shortfall is 100,000 HGV drivers

+++STOP THE PRESS+++ to be fair to the BBC on 13:31 - Sep 27 with 630 viewsSwansea_Blue

+++STOP THE PRESS+++ to be fair to the BBC on 13:25 - Sep 27 by unstableblue

The one o clock news on BBC1 is sometimes their most unchallenging content

But today they allowed the footage of the Dutch hauliers leader to clearly state that the 5000 visas offer is ridiculous as EU truck drivers simply dont want to work in the UK anymore

And critically the Beeb transport provider stated that some fundamentals caused by brexit, taxation, home visits etc etc havent been resolved so the 5000 is just an empty promise anyway

Critically she identified the shortfall is 100,000 HGV drivers

The turkey guy makes a similar point about people not wanting to come here anymore. I don't blame them. We can't exactly be surprised if they turn their backs after we've weaponized them and then treated them like disposable commodities.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

+++STOP THE PRESS+++ to be fair to the BBC on 13:49 - Sep 27 with 592 viewsunstableblue

+++STOP THE PRESS+++ to be fair to the BBC on 13:31 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

The turkey guy makes a similar point about people not wanting to come here anymore. I don't blame them. We can't exactly be surprised if they turn their backs after we've weaponized them and then treated them like disposable commodities.

What was interesting Swansea was the message form Transport correspondent that there are 'loads' of unresolved issues for EU workers coming back on these panic visa schemes

Don't have enough information but seemed extensive... so even thought the government and their Pravda mouthpieces in the Mail, Express and Telegraph, trumpet these seasonal agriculture worker visas and the HGV till Christmas, THE FACT is that they are risible and unworkable

Very concerning... and the wages now being thrown around for HGV drivers, and effect on supply chain, start to drive inflation

Brexit has now cost us way way way more than our net contributions for years, and hopefully people can now see the economic benefit being in a single market had.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024