Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mumsnet question 20:54 - Oct 5 with 1646 viewsleftback

Mrs has Covid and I am negative so will continue to go to work…….how does she get the kids to school? They are also negative. She usually drives them a couple of miles down the road, I leave at 6 and not able to start later. Bit of a quandary
Mumsnet question on 20:59 - Oct 5 with 1569 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You need someone else to take them. Your wife cannot leave the house.

Our children's primary is also requesting the children to do a lateral flow test each morning to check they are not positive.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mumsnet question on 21:03 - Oct 5 with 1506 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mumsnet question on 20:59 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

You need someone else to take them. Your wife cannot leave the house.

Our children's primary is also requesting the children to do a lateral flow test each morning to check they are not positive.

Each morning?

That sounds like the head being a bit of a tw-hat to be honest, all the other schools are twice weekly. LFT's are extremely invasive for young kids if being done that often.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mumsnet question on 21:04 - Oct 5 with 1486 viewsJ2BLUE

Either someone else takes them or they don't go. Seems fairly obvious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mumsnet question on 21:04 - Oct 5 with 1478 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mumsnet question on 21:03 - Oct 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Each morning?

That sounds like the head being a bit of a tw-hat to be honest, all the other schools are twice weekly. LFT's are extremely invasive for young kids if being done that often.

Not when living with parents who are Covid positive.

Mumsnet question on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 1443 viewsleftback

Mumsnet question on 21:04 - Oct 5 by J2BLUE

Either someone else takes them or they don't go. Seems fairly obvious.

Not really, who wants to pick kids up from a household with Covid? If they don’t go it’s unauthorised absence
Mumsnet question on 21:10 - Oct 5 with 1417 viewsSitfcB

Mumsnet question on 21:09 - Oct 5 by leftback

Not really, who wants to pick kids up from a household with Covid? If they don’t go it’s unauthorised absence

Don’t they have to self isolate? And assume you’re double jabbed?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mumsnet question on 21:12 - Oct 5 with 1405 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mumsnet question on 21:04 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not when living with parents who are Covid positive.

Theres no need for a daily LFT. If a parent tests positive the household should book a PCR. And there is no need for daily LFT's

I've literally just done this, two weeks ago, where is the advice from Health England for a daily LFT?

Thanks for the down arrow by the way, i deserved that.

Mumsnet question on 21:12 - Oct 5 with 1406 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Parents in law are doing it for us.

If you really have no other options, explain it to the school.

Login to get fewer ads

Mumsnet question on 21:15 - Oct 5 with 1379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mumsnet question on 21:12 - Oct 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Theres no need for a daily LFT. If a parent tests positive the household should book a PCR. And there is no need for daily LFT's

I've literally just done this, two weeks ago, where is the advice from Health England for a daily LFT?

Thanks for the down arrow by the way, i deserved that.

They could catch it from the parent any day. If the school wishes to be cautious I don't see why it means you should call the Head by an abusive term. That was the reason for your down arrow, so yes you did deserve it.

A lateral flow test is not a highly invasive procedure. It is uncomfortable. Nothing more, nothing less. It is for the duration of the parents' 10 day isolation. Which will mean 1 PCR and a total of 6 lateral flows.

Mumsnet question on 21:15 - Oct 5 with 1379 viewsleftback

Mumsnet question on 21:10 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

Not anymore - if are negative on PCR, yep double jabbed. Lateral flow test them and myself everyday all negative………but lateral flow test show Mrs is negative so not sure how reliable they are!
Mumsnet question on 21:17 - Oct 5 with 1355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mumsnet question on 21:15 - Oct 5 by leftback

Not anymore - if are negative on PCR, yep double jabbed. Lateral flow test them and myself everyday all negative………but lateral flow test show Mrs is negative so not sure how reliable they are!

Lateral flow needs a higher viral load than a PCR does.

A negative lateral flow is better than no test at all but you should still exercise caution. It is no guarantee you don't have it.

Mumsnet question on 21:17 - Oct 5 with 1349 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mumsnet question on 21:10 - Oct 5 by SitfcB

No they don't Sitters, not if they get a negative PCR.

My wife had it a couple of weeks ago, self and the lad (14) had to take a PCR, and were told if it was negative we didn't need to isolate and should continue to take twice weekly Lateral Flow Tests and only isolate if we tested positive or developed symptoms.

Mumsnet question on 21:20 - Oct 5 with 1318 viewsfactual_blue

Mumsnet question on 21:15 - Oct 5 by leftback

This all sounds very complicated.

What if you throw a six, or have a Community Chest card?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mumsnet question on 21:23 - Oct 5 with 1271 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mumsnet question on 21:15 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

They could catch it from the parent any day. If the school wishes to be cautious I don't see why it means you should call the Head by an abusive term. That was the reason for your down arrow, so yes you did deserve it.

A lateral flow test is not a highly invasive procedure. It is uncomfortable. Nothing more, nothing less. It is for the duration of the parents' 10 day isolation. Which will mean 1 PCR and a total of 6 lateral flows.

It is uncomfortable and thats twice a week, not daily, and under current guidance, completely unnecessary.

Every morning is also completely pointless. the tests take 30 minutes to develop. From experience I will bet that most are doing their little cherubs tests just as they are about to go out the door, meaning they are probably gift wrapping positive cases to the school.

Mumsnet question on 21:24 - Oct 5 with 1242 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mumsnet question on 21:20 - Oct 5 by factual_blue

This all sounds very complicated.

What if you throw a six, or have a Community Chest card?

Do not pass Go, Do not collect £200.

Mumsnet question on 21:25 - Oct 5 with 1240 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mumsnet question on 21:23 - Oct 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

It is uncomfortable and thats twice a week, not daily, and under current guidance, completely unnecessary.

Every morning is also completely pointless. the tests take 30 minutes to develop. From experience I will bet that most are doing their little cherubs tests just as they are about to go out the door, meaning they are probably gift wrapping positive cases to the school.

No. We do the tests when we get up. We check them after 30 minutes. We take longer than 5 minutes from getting out of bed to leaving for school.

Mumsnet question on 21:29 - Oct 5 with 1196 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mumsnet question on 21:25 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

No. We do the tests when we get up. We check them after 30 minutes. We take longer than 5 minutes from getting out of bed to leaving for school.

Wait a minute.

So your original post, "Our children's primary is also requesting the children to do a lateral flow test each morning to check they are not positive."

Isn't the school asking all children to do a lateral flow test, which, if you re-read your post, is how that reads, but just your kids? Because you or your partner are positive.

That could have been made clearer for sure.

Mumsnet question on 21:31 - Oct 5 with 1176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mumsnet question on 21:29 - Oct 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Wait a minute.

So your original post, "Our children's primary is also requesting the children to do a lateral flow test each morning to check they are not positive."

Isn't the school asking all children to do a lateral flow test, which, if you re-read your post, is how that reads, but just your kids? Because you or your partner are positive.

That could have been made clearer for sure.

It could have.

Or you could have read the context of the post which is replying to someone in the same situation!

Doh!

Plus, if you actually read "Not when living with parents who are Covid positive" which you downvoted and replied to you would have realised your mistake. Double Doh!

No need to apologise either for calling the Head by an abusive term or your stupidity, though. Doh!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 22:22]

Mumsnet question on 22:15 - Oct 5 with 1011 viewsJ2BLUE

I would think someone self isolating and no one being able to get them to school is the very definition of authorised absence at the moment.

The alternative is someone with covid needs to take them. No school would suggest such a thing.

This one really is quite obvious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024