Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals 10:06 - Oct 19 with 1333 viewsSamWhiteUK

100 points, 100 goals is still on the table boys and girls, let's go and get it.

Game day. COYB!
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:08 - Oct 19 with 1310 viewsBLUEBEAT

OK

Poll: W or W

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:10 - Oct 19 with 1291 viewsHerbivore

Just need 27 wins, 5 draws, and 2 defeats from our remaining 34 games. It's on!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:14 - Oct 19 with 1279 viewsSamWhiteUK

Question for any stats nerds, what's the greatest amount of goals ever scored only to not reach top six?
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:17 - Oct 19 with 1270 viewsBseaBlue

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:10 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

Just need 27 wins, 5 draws, and 2 defeats from our remaining 34 games. It's on!

Sounds like a kick in the nads when you put it that way! To get to the same points as Posh last year we would need 22 wins, 7 draws and 5 losses....not sure if that sounds any better really.
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:20 - Oct 19 with 1248 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:17 - Oct 19 by BseaBlue

Sounds like a kick in the nads when you put it that way! To get to the same points as Posh last year we would need 22 wins, 7 draws and 5 losses....not sure if that sounds any better really.

Automatic promotion is already gone, imo. It needs HMS Pisstheleague form to start tonight and continue for the remaining 35 games thereafter to even be a possibility. We don't look like we can achieve that. We're playing for 5th or 6th now I suspect.

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:29 - Oct 19 with 1238 viewsbluefunk

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:20 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

Automatic promotion is already gone, imo. It needs HMS Pisstheleague form to start tonight and continue for the remaining 35 games thereafter to even be a possibility. We don't look like we can achieve that. We're playing for 5th or 6th now I suspect.

in the last 6 games we have averaged 1.83 points per game, if repeated across the remaining 34 games that would give us 62 more points, 76 in total, so we are currently in play off form despite the angst being displayed on here.

To make an automatic slot, we would need to have a couple of winning runs, which is quite possible given the squad we have, and the fact that other squads depths yet to be tested by the long season and the winter months.
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:35 - Oct 19 with 1225 viewsOsborneOneNil

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:20 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

A strong second half of the season, come 5th or 6th, form side going into the play offs.

Worked out ok last time that happened 💪
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:40 - Oct 19 with 1206 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:29 - Oct 19 by bluefunk

in the last 6 games we have averaged 1.83 points per game, if repeated across the remaining 34 games that would give us 62 more points, 76 in total, so we are currently in play off form despite the angst being displayed on here.

To make an automatic slot, we would need to have a couple of winning runs, which is quite possible given the squad we have, and the fact that other squads depths yet to be tested by the long season and the winter months.

That's true regarding our last 6 games but it's unlikely we'll have another run of 6 games that includes the worst two sides in the league at home along with three away games against sides in the bottom half. We will inevitably have runs of 6 games where we will struggle to pick up 11 points so when the fixtures are kinder we need to pick up more than that.

To make an automatic slot we need over 2 points per game now and we don't look capable of sustaining that form over 34 games.

Login to get fewer ads

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:56 - Oct 19 with 1162 viewsFixed_It

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:40 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

That's true regarding our last 6 games but it's unlikely we'll have another run of 6 games that includes the worst two sides in the league at home along with three away games against sides in the bottom half. We will inevitably have runs of 6 games where we will struggle to pick up 11 points so when the fixtures are kinder we need to pick up more than that.

To make an automatic slot we need over 2 points per game now and we don't look capable of sustaining that form over 34 games.

We need to play well against the better teams, and start taking points off them. And I think playing against them might actually suit us more. We'll see.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 10:56]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:00 - Oct 19 with 1140 viewsBlueBadger

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:56 - Oct 19 by Fixed_It

We need to play well against the better teams, and start taking points off them. And I think playing against them might actually suit us more. We'll see.

Tonight's a big test of Cook's ability to motivate the team and manage games. Win and/or good display and things are maybe more encouraging. Defeat and/or another collapse from a good position and it'll be a long winter.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 11:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:03 - Oct 19 with 1136 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:56 - Oct 19 by Fixed_It

I don't really get the argument that playing against better teams will suit us better. Our three wins have come agisndt sides who are in the bottom half, two of them really struggling. We've not beaten any of the sides in the top half that we've played yet.

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 1093 viewsSamWhiteUK

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:40 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

In another clutching-at-straws special in terms of positive outlook, we can average 2 points a game while losing 1 in every 3 games. Ok, that assumes no draws, but to be able to lose a third of your games and still have automatic promotion form makes me a little more cheerful, however unlikely it is.
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:23 - Oct 19 with 1084 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:21 - Oct 19 by SamWhiteUK

In another clutching-at-straws special in terms of positive outlook, we can average 2 points a game while losing 1 in every 3 games. Ok, that assumes no draws, but to be able to lose a third of your games and still have automatic promotion form makes me a little more cheerful, however unlikely it is.

We need more than 2 points a game. 2 points a game only takes us to 82 points, which won't be enough for automatic promotion.

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:31 - Oct 19 with 1062 viewsSwansea_Blue

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:23 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

We need more than 2 points a game. 2 points a game only takes us to 82 points, which won't be enough for automatic promotion.

3 points available each game though, so we only need 66.6%. I got more than that in my English O Level, so shouldn't be too hard!

As pleasing as a bit of an upturn is, I'm finding all this talk of automatic promotion or being in the POs positions by Christmas all very entertaining. Must be something in the water.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:35 - Oct 19 with 1045 viewsLankHenners

Didn’t suit us very well when we played Bolton.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:36 - Oct 19 with 1042 viewsgordon

Shouldn't think we'll concede as many as that but you never know.
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:59 - Oct 19 with 984 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:31 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

3 points available each game though, so we only need 66.6%. I got more than that in my English O Level, so shouldn't be too hard!

As pleasing as a bit of an upturn is, I'm finding all this talk of automatic promotion or being in the POs positions by Christmas all very entertaining. Must be something in the water.

I'm not sure how you got more than that in your O level if you think 66.66% of 3 is more than 2. The more than is crucial here, 2 points per game will likely see us 4th at best.

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 13:02 - Oct 19 with 888 viewsSamWhiteUK

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 11:59 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

I'm not sure how you got more than that in your O level if you think 66.66% of 3 is more than 2. The more than is crucial here, 2 points per game will likely see us 4th at best.

To be fair, he/she mentioned it was the English O-Level
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 13:52 - Oct 19 with 813 viewsHighgateBlue

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 10:29 - Oct 19 by bluefunk

To get into the playoffs we're going to need to beat at least one top half team. We haven't managed that at all yet. We are not displaying playoff form purely because we've managed to win 2 of our last 6 games against teams in the bottom half.
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 14:09 - Oct 19 with 776 viewsDavoIPB

We are in play off form but against the lowest teams in the league. Last season we started well but if you watched the games you could see we were really bad and just scraping past really poor teams. We were worked out by the second half of the season.

We won't continue this run over the next month but will hopefully pick up the odd 3 points.
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 14:29 - Oct 19 with 738 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 13:02 - Oct 19 by SamWhiteUK

To be fair, he/she mentioned it was the English O-Level

Well observed! I failed reading and comprehension it seems.

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 591 viewsSamWhiteUK

Getting closer!
We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 550 viewsHerbivore

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 21:46 - Oct 19 by SamWhiteUK

Getting closer!

The 100 goals might be doable.....

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 21:56 - Oct 19 with 511 viewsSamWhiteUK

We have 34 games remaining, and we've scored 23 goals on 21:52 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

The 100 goals might be doable.....

Over the last one game we've averaged 3 points a game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024