Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers 14:56 - Oct 19 with 2067 viewsSteve_M

Which, after last Friday, is really not good to see:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 18:13 - Oct 19 with 274 viewsfactual_blue

So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 18:10 - Oct 19 by bluelagos

It is indeed a balance. But I don't see any scenario where forceably vaccinating people is sensible.

We have some of the highest vaccination rates in the world. Seems to me we are doing things well in that respect and adopting a more authoritarian approach would likely backfire and result in less take up.

So I think rather than worrying about theoretical debates on the ethics of mandating vaccinations, I'm happy to side with the practical argument of ensuring we get as many vaccinated as possible, through education and making vaccinations accessible, rather than through legislating.

I agree a mandatory vaccination programme would cause problems, but I hope and suspect that the difficulties the unvaccinated will have with travel and potentially employment will have some effect.

That, and losing somebody close to them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 18:39 - Oct 19 with 238 viewssolomon

So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 15:48 - Oct 19 by BlueBadger

In an unrelated topic, here's our Glorious Leader showing a great example by not at all using inflammatory and divisive language.

Divisive if you’re a corgi registered engineer, or is it?………
So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 20:22 - Oct 19 with 200 viewsEireannach_gorm

So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 15:37 - Oct 19 by BlueBadger

Believe me, I was tempted but it was quite late and the nearest one had a large number of rather distressed older people and deeply traumatised junior staff that I'd just spent the previous hour trying to do my best to calm, so I thought better of it.

Plus, you know, confidentiality and ethics, and all that.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 15:37]

Here's something that will interest you BlueBadger and a warning regarding the serious consequences of this idiotic ( criminal? ) behaviour. Antonio is an Italian far Right supporter.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/police-investigate-death-donegal-man-rescued-h

The d1ckhead group then went to the mans' funeral and were asked to leave because they refused to wear masks.
So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 20:41 - Oct 19 with 182 viewsfactual_blue

So anyway, here's Michael Gove being harassed by anti-vaxers on 15:51 - Oct 19 by homer_123

I'm not sure why they are protesting? Unless I am wrong...they can choose not to have it right?

I'm not suggesting it's a wise choice but no one is tying them down and forcing them to have it?

The Government have a lot to answer for over the pandemic but this isn't great, given last Friday, as you say.

In case people were wondering how come all those coppers appeared so quickly, there have been for years several police vans loitering in the back streets of Victoria/Westminster, just in case Things Kick Off.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024