Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals 12:32 - Nov 4 with 1687 viewsGeneric

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 13:49 - Nov 4 with 1528 viewsIllinoisblue

The signage at Wycombe really irritates me. “Rock n Roll football.” And “Yeah I’m a Wanderer”. Tinpot.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:00 - Nov 4 with 1488 viewsGuthrum

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 13:49 - Nov 4 by Illinoisblue

The signage at Wycombe really irritates me. “Rock n Roll football.” And “Yeah I’m a Wanderer”. Tinpot.

I assumed that first one was because one of their sponsors is Cherry Red Records, a punk/alternative/rock label.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:14 - Nov 4 with 1445 viewsKieran_Knows

That Burns strike honestly gets better every time I see it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:36 - Nov 4 with 1399 viewschevblue

You would've enjoyed the flashing/stroboscopic floodlights just before the teams came out then.

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:36 - Nov 4 with 1399 viewsIllinoisblue

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:00 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

I assumed that first one was because one of their sponsors is Cherry Red Records, a punk/alternative/rock label.

I’d assumed it was a nod to their manager but your explanation makes more sense

62 - 78 - 81

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:56 - Nov 4 with 1350 viewsIllinoisblue

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:36 - Nov 4 by chevblue

You would've enjoyed the flashing/stroboscopic floodlights just before the teams came out then.

The video of Town fans singing loudly “what the Facking hell was that?” Summed up my feelings nicely!

62 - 78 - 81

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 15:19 - Nov 4 with 1316 viewsBlueBadger

Wasn't 'rock n' roll football' one of Free Beer and Improved Football's buzzwords at one point?

I mean, if you want a yardstick for 'tinpot' that's quite the marker.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 15:23 - Nov 4 with 1310 viewsSteve_M

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:14 - Nov 4 by Kieran_Knows

Have you seen the angle from behind the goal low down? Think it was on the Five Minute thing the club did.

Definitely my favourite of the night because the whole away end reacted in the same way - pure exuberance.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 15:24 - Nov 4 with 1305 viewsGeneric

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:36 - Nov 4 by chevblue

I was "fortunate" enough to miss that thanks to the crazy traffic and parking situation. There were only 6000 people there, did everyone bring 3 cars???
3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 20:30 - Nov 4 with 1087 viewsSteve_M

Only got to watch it properly now, the stream of home fans leaving increasing to a torrent after the fourth is an added bonus.

Pleased to partake in a good old-fashioned chorus of “Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio” on Tuesday.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 21:36]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 00:34 - Nov 5 with 889 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 20:30 - Nov 4 by Steve_M

Only got to watch it properly now, the stream of home fans leaving increasing to a torrent after the fourth is an added bonus.

Pleased to partake in a good old-fashioned chorus of “Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio” on Tuesday.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 21:36]

I started that and nobody joined in for the first 10 seconds and then thankfully they did. Did you notice a load of Wycombe fans waited by the exit to watch our celebrations at full time. Guess they were impressed by us.

Have seen three separate Wycombe fans since saybwe were the best away support they’ve seen since Stoke a couple of years ago

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 01:00 - Nov 5 with 870 viewswkj

You know, as oldie time supporters as we are - the prematch lights, LED scoreboard, rock and roll image, and all the little nuances that Wycombe are doing might be a great way of selling the football experience to a younger generation.

If you think back to the McCarthy era, the football was often difficult to enjoy watching and the prematch/half time stuff was not all that engaging in honesty - so the match day experience is hard to sell

Things like fan zone and a bit of over the top novelties like Wycombe becomes a great way of selling the day out as an experience - not just a footy game.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 01:06 - Nov 5 with 863 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 01:00 - Nov 5 by wkj

You know, as oldie time supporters as we are - the prematch lights, LED scoreboard, rock and roll image, and all the little nuances that Wycombe are doing might be a great way of selling the football experience to a younger generation.

If you think back to the McCarthy era, the football was often difficult to enjoy watching and the prematch/half time stuff was not all that engaging in honesty - so the match day experience is hard to sell

Things like fan zone and a bit of over the top novelties like Wycombe becomes a great way of selling the day out as an experience - not just a footy game.

One thing I’ll say on Wycombe from having lived there for uni is that they’re a proper community club.

They made the point after a ground tour as part of the course to speak to me and let me know if there’s anything they can do when Wycombe play Ipswich, to come and find them. Also left me a private email to let me contact them if there’s anything else they can do. They’re quite proud of their partnership with the uni and a few other places. In fact, the players actually do their pre season tests at the uni facilities and i saw them numerous times. All pleasant and polite. They were also one of the first places to offer their facilities for the vaccination hubs. Vaguely remember them doing something on Christmas one year too. Think it was that they opened their doors and cafe to homeless people and gave them shelter and food for the day. The uni football team (though sadly not me as I’d gone back to Romford that week for a funeral) camped on the pitch a few weeks before to help raise the funds and the football club then spent the moneys on food for them. A nice collab.

I don’t like that they throw themselves to the ground for free kicks nor that they voted to end the season a couple of years ago but as a community club, they genuinely do seem to care about their people and those in and around High Wycombe. I can respect that.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 1:09]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 06:02 - Nov 5 with 803 viewsbrogansnose

3 minutes of noise plus two of the goals on 14:14 - Nov 4 by Kieran_Knows

Add to that the awareness and holding on to the ball then releasing at the optimum moment of KVY. Absolutely delightful strike by Burnsy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024