Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... 19:42 - Nov 13 with 743 viewsnorfsufblue

duty of care to injured players and are now using it as a tactic to stop the game ... I am struggling to think of a way to stop it but in the case of the no 26 who collapsed several times, surely the ref should be able to require a 15 min medical assessment to ensure he was fir to play.... I know its a mad idea but this is becoming a regular feature of many games and not just ours and a way has to be found to stop it!
Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:11 - Nov 13 with 657 viewsAlanG296

The weird thing is how often an oxforf player stayed on the ground when we had possession. Refs should stop the game for possible head injuries, but for anywhere else, unless there's blood spurting or bone sticking out, play on till the next break in play
Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:14 - Nov 13 with 643 viewsStokieBlue

Interestingly though I had a bit of a disagreement with a ref in an U10 match a few weeks ago because he twice refused to stop the game for injuries because they weren't head injuries.

I had to point out to him they were 9 years old FFS and all he said was "he wasn't obliged to stop the match unless it was a head injury".

SB
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 20:14]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:15 - Nov 13 with 633 viewswkj

I think games should have a '5th official' who are physios. They should be present and monitor the club physios at work and if a player is deemed to repeatedly go down soft then sanctions are issued.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:35 - Nov 13 with 535 viewsBasuco

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:14 - Nov 13 by StokieBlue

Interestingly though I had a bit of a disagreement with a ref in an U10 match a few weeks ago because he twice refused to stop the game for injuries because they weren't head injuries.

I had to point out to him they were 9 years old FFS and all he said was "he wasn't obliged to stop the match unless it was a head injury".

SB
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 20:14]

Not for cramp like the ref did today then.
Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:36 - Nov 13 with 524 viewsAlanG296

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:15 - Nov 13 by wkj

I think games should have a '5th official' who are physios. They should be present and monitor the club physios at work and if a player is deemed to repeatedly go down soft then sanctions are issued.

Unfortunately it's just a part of the cheating, they would call it professionalism, endemic in modern football.
Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:43 - Nov 13 with 501 viewshomer_123

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:36 - Nov 13 by AlanG296

Unfortunately it's just a part of the cheating, they would call it professionalism, endemic in modern football.

I think you'll find it's in 'all' sports. People look for an edge...in football....it can be a shirt pull....a dive.....slowing play down or making subs at critical times.

You see....if you sanitise sport it becomes boring.

And in football... what about money...did you read the piece in the programme today about our Div 1 win compared to teams that win now...because they have more money?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:52 - Nov 13 with 493 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The solution is fairly simple.

We already have the following rules:

If a player receives treatment from a physio, the player has to leave the field until allowed to return by the referee unless the player committing the foul that caused the injury is booked.

The referee only stops the game for head injuries/serious injury.

Add the following rules:

If the referee stops play due to a player staying down, the player automatically is deemed to require treatment and has to leave the field of play. The referee should only allow them to return at the next break in play after they have left the pitch at which they are deemed fit to return (or equally a substitution is allowed at that point).

Rather than restarting play with a drop ball, if the referee has stopped play then the team in possession at the time of the stoppage should get a free kick from where they had possession at the time of the stoppage.

There are a lot of cynical time-wasting tactics that could easily be eradicated with some minor rule changes. Another would be when a team takes a long time to return to take kick off. Allow the opposition to take kick off as soon as they and the referee are ready and the players not yet in position have to return to their own half before they are allowed to be involved in play and if they attempt to play the ball before doing so it is an automatic yellow card.

Deliberately preventing the taking of a free kick should, in addition to a yellow card, mean that the free kick is advanced up the pitch 10 yards (or in the event of a free kick already inside the penalty area be upgraded to a penalty).

The 6 seconds for the goalkeeper holding the ball in their hands before playing it should be automatically timed by the fourth official or assistant referee or an external time keeper who signals to the referee the award of the indirect free kick if the goalkeeper exceeds the time limit. (Too often the referee has other things occupying them than to start timing.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 21:01 - Nov 13 with 460 viewsAlanG296

Its obvious Clubs are so aware of the refs... on 20:43 - Nov 13 by homer_123

I think you'll find it's in 'all' sports. People look for an edge...in football....it can be a shirt pull....a dive.....slowing play down or making subs at critical times.

You see....if you sanitise sport it becomes boring.

And in football... what about money...did you read the piece in the programme today about our Div 1 win compared to teams that win now...because they have more money?

Disagree. Cheating is boring, whichever team does it. And on the totally different subject you raise as long as money only buys you better players, rather than buying officials, nothing wrong with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024