Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? 11:32 - Nov 18 with 2060 viewshomer_123

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 11:47 - Nov 18 with 1954 viewsSteve_M

Where's the "We'll comfortable make the play-offs but fall short of top two and everyone will then start bemoaning our start" option?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 11:48 - Nov 18 with 1943 viewshomer_123

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 11:47 - Nov 18 by Steve_M

Where's the "We'll comfortable make the play-offs but fall short of top two and everyone will then start bemoaning our start" option?

It's re-phrased to Not at all confident Steve.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 13:14 - Nov 18 with 1822 viewsHighgateBlue

You can get 4/1 with betfair exchange at the moment that we will get promoted. I am confident that we /can/ get promoted, or that we /might/, but I can't see how anyone can be confident that we /will/ when we're 9th in the table, the significant majority of the clubs above us have a game in hand, and we're closer in terms of points to automatic relegation than promotion.

Imagine you were an objective impartial observer, and then decide what degree of certainty that person would have that we would go up.

Even if we make the playoffs, the chances of going up couldn't be much greater than one in four.

If someone asks me whether I'm confident i'll throw tails on a coin toss, how can I possibly answer yes? I can't have any confidence that I will. Our chances of going up are FAR less than that.

Having said that, I would obviously love us to go up, and I would pay a lot of money to see it happen. I just can't be confident it will...
As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 12:55 - Nov 19 with 1453 viewsKeaneish

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 13:14 - Nov 18 by HighgateBlue

You can get 4/1 with betfair exchange at the moment that we will get promoted. I am confident that we /can/ get promoted, or that we /might/, but I can't see how anyone can be confident that we /will/ when we're 9th in the table, the significant majority of the clubs above us have a game in hand, and we're closer in terms of points to automatic relegation than promotion.

Imagine you were an objective impartial observer, and then decide what degree of certainty that person would have that we would go up.

Even if we make the playoffs, the chances of going up couldn't be much greater than one in four.

If someone asks me whether I'm confident i'll throw tails on a coin toss, how can I possibly answer yes? I can't have any confidence that I will. Our chances of going up are FAR less than that.

Having said that, I would obviously love us to go up, and I would pay a lot of money to see it happen. I just can't be confident it will...

It’s about trajectory though from form and visible improvements. The relationship points wise to the relegation zone is immaterial. We’re on an upward trajectory with strength in depth averaging 1.83 pts in our last 7 league outings. The ambition is to get 2pts a game since Cambridge, everything else is immaterial. Achieve this and we’ll be in the reckoning for top 4 and depending on what points we take of those around us, automatics.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 13:26 - Nov 19 with 1414 viewsTJS

Sadly the previous 20 seasons mean I can't go higher than slightly confident.
I'm still 50/50 we will even finish top six and even then its 1 in 4 at best.
As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 13:35 - Nov 19 with 1403 viewstonybied

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 13:26 - Nov 19 by TJS

I too can't bring myself to go any higher than slightly confident, I am willing to upgrade this if we manage to win our next 2 games though!
As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 16:59 - Nov 19 with 1222 viewsWickets

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 13:26 - Nov 19 by TJS

Yes i'm in agreement more hope than expectation i'm afraid .
As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 19:44 - Nov 19 with 1097 viewsOldboy

I would say hopefully over confident.
Login to get fewer ads

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 00:30 - Nov 21 with 910 viewsFrankMarshall

Changed my view on this after the Sunderland game.

Frank Marshall

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 00:38 - Nov 21 with 900 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Think this should be re-polled as how confident are you that we will make the playoffs. Top 2 is unlikely but too 6 very much still possible.

Poll: Final points total?

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 02:47 - Nov 21 with 838 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Voted on Somewhat Confident. I mean, you got to have belief that something will work otherwise what's the point. As once mentioned in a famous movie, "Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things"

Today knocked confidence but realize enough we were the better team and they stole a result from us. A lot depends on whether Bonne stays on in the new year and not recalled to QPR.

Who's Cook going to play up front on his own then if he leaves ? He'll have to alter formations, in fact could or needs to do it while Bonne is still a Town player.
As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 10:05 - Nov 21 with 730 viewsRyorry

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 02:47 - Nov 21 by Minneapolis_ITFC

Voted on Somewhat Confident. I mean, you got to have belief that something will work otherwise what's the point. As once mentioned in a famous movie, "Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things"

Today knocked confidence but realize enough we were the better team and they stole a result from us. A lot depends on whether Bonne stays on in the new year and not recalled to QPR.

Who's Cook going to play up front on his own then if he leaves ? He'll have to alter formations, in fact could or needs to do it while Bonne is still a Town player.

Good question.

Voted (post Sunderland) 'not at all confident' , would be delighted if proved wrong.

Not too downhearted, as going up this year was always a hope rather than expectation for me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 12:14 - Nov 21 with 686 viewsstonojnr

As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season? on 12:55 - Nov 19 by Keaneish

It’s about trajectory though from form and visible improvements. The relationship points wise to the relegation zone is immaterial. We’re on an upward trajectory with strength in depth averaging 1.83 pts in our last 7 league outings. The ambition is to get 2pts a game since Cambridge, everything else is immaterial. Achieve this and we’ll be in the reckoning for top 4 and depending on what points we take of those around us, automatics.

it is about trajectory and form but that was the case on the first day of the season when loads were on the these early games dont matter bus, but even if we achieve 2pts per game (and thats win all your home games draw away form and Town dont look remotely capable of that at the moment) Town only get to 80pts, whats wrong with that ? as it should be comfortably playoffs. But the cutoff is 75pts for 6th there or thereabouts most seasons.

so even with 2pts per game form, we only have around 5pts to play with.

but as you point out we arent hitting 2pts per game form, we are only hitting 1.83, and look what number you get if you maintain 1.83 for the remainder of the season. 75.24 pts. so even with current form Town are right on the cusp of missing out on 6th place and a promotion chance this season.

is it time to panic ?, no, is it time to find a new manager? no, but I think fans need to dial back the HMS walk the league stuff everytime Town do manage to win a game, and actually admit we arent doing as well as we should be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024