Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester Road 19:12 - Nov 18 with 1572 viewsdickie

Does anyone on here live on Colchester Road? We're contemplating moving there and just wondered if you get used to noise of the traffic? Is it really noticeable when relaxing in the garden? Is the pollution a concern? We're currently on Humber Doucy Lane so it would obviously be quite a change but the properties on Colchester Road we've seen offer so much more in terms of space etc
Colchester Road on 19:17 - Nov 18 with 1545 viewsKeno

Lived there a few years ago and yes you do get noise to the traffic noise, so much so that after a while you dont hear it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Colchester Road on 20:30 - Nov 18 with 1390 viewsswede

Don't forget the ambulance sirens wailing as they approach the hospital. I lived on Norwich Road (near Ferodo Bridge) for nearly three years and never got used to the noise having moved from a quiet area. Wretched sirens always seemed to be turned on outside my house as the traffic started to build up into town.
Colchester Road on 20:32 - Nov 18 with 1373 viewstextbackup

i was on playford road for a couple of years, just got used to it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Colchester Road on 20:40 - Nov 18 with 1347 viewsKeno

Colchester Road on 20:32 - Nov 18 by textbackup

i was on playford road for a couple of years, just got used to it.

was that before the 'Great Fire'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Colchester Road on 20:54 - Nov 18 with 1294 viewstextbackup

Colchester Road on 20:40 - Nov 18 by Keno

was that before the 'Great Fire'

yeah, thank god..... would have feared for our lives had we still been there

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Colchester Road on 20:59 - Nov 18 with 1272 viewsFreddies_Ears

Sleep at the back of the house, and you won't notice any noise. I had a flat in London next to an intersection with sirens all night - after 3-4 weeks, I didn't notice!
Colchester Road on 13:53 - Nov 19 with 932 viewsStrimmer

Colchester Road on 20:59 - Nov 18 by Freddies_Ears

Sleep at the back of the house, and you won't notice any noise. I had a flat in London next to an intersection with sirens all night - after 3-4 weeks, I didn't notice!

Concurred, I live just behind one of the biggest A roads in london and dont notice a thing unless there's a blue light convoy or its high summer with the wind blowing at a specific angle and a motorbike goes past at night. The human brain is remarkable filter!

Poll: Was it a punch?

Colchester Road on 14:15 - Nov 19 with 897 viewsdickie

We opted to cancel the second viewing, I think if we were moving from our old house (on a road running parallel to Norwich Road not far from Broomhill Lido) we would have had no problems adjusting to the noise and traffic but we've had five years or so on Humber Doucy and definitely got used to hearing the birds in the garden!
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester Road on 00:56 - Nov 20 with 696 viewsTerra_Farma

I used to live in Stoke Park and to this day I miss the sound of the trains.

I'm sure you will get used to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024