Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has any other team, in L1 history, 14:29 - Nov 24 with 1088 viewsnoggin

done so much fannying around with the ball while looking to play it out from the back? It's an Ipswich thing and it's both frustrating and frightening to watch. Sort it out Cooky.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 14:38 - Nov 24 with 1034 viewsDMDC

We assembled the wrong type of team for this division. We needed a robust,tough team like Rotherham. The likes of Celina are ok for the leagues above,but they arnt for the hustle and bustle of this division. .Tapping the ball around wont get you anywhere in this league.
Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:18 - Nov 24 with 924 viewsBlueBadger

Us, last season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:19 - Nov 24 with 910 viewsBlueBadger

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 14:38 - Nov 24 by DMDC

We assembled the wrong type of team for this division. We needed a robust,tough team like Rotherham. The likes of Celina are ok for the leagues above,but they arnt for the hustle and bustle of this division. .Tapping the ball around wont get you anywhere in this league.

It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. We probably need more 'enforcers' than we have but there's no reason we couldn't blend both.

Oh and the Championship is just as hustle and bustle-y, there's just better players there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:19 - Nov 24 with 909 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:18 - Nov 24 by BlueBadger

Us, last season?

We were far worse last season.

Yesterday says more about Rotherham's shape, press and energy than it does about us. Ridiculous amounts of energy - especially that little fella who scored the first goal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:28 - Nov 24 with 882 viewsAlanG296

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:19 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

Yesterday says more about Rotherham's shape, press and energy than it does about us. Ridiculous amounts of energy - especially that little fella who scored the first goal.

And the lack of energy from our lot.
Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:29 - Nov 24 with 876 viewsDavoIPB

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:19 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

True. I watched the game late after seeing all the ranting on here. Was expecting us to be really really poor akin to the last 2-0 to Rotherham I watched. We weren't. We were not good enough but we did fight. Morsy had a lot of the ball and did get some good passing going. We won the ball a lot and turned the ball over from them a lot. We strung loads of good passes together but couldn't make headway against them.

Rotherham were better last night than they were against us last time I watched.

Having said that Paul Cook needs to change the formation, it isn't working.
Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:59 - Nov 24 with 827 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:28 - Nov 24 by AlanG296

And the lack of energy from our lot.

We didn't seem switched on did we, looked very casual. I lost count of the times we lost second balls or were caught on our heels. Rotherham's desire was much greater than ours. It's a bit of a cliche, but they wanted it more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 18:01 - Nov 24 with 766 viewsskinnybob72

Rotherham have been promoted twice from L1 in the last few years and look a good bet to go up again. They’re not good enough to make the transition to being an established CHampionship side - but they have L1 sussed.

Last night they won the ball, got it forward as quickly as possible and got it in the box as soon as the opportunity arose. They may not be easy of the eye but they are an efficient, well oiled unit in this league. They are a blueprint how to get out of L1.

Meanwhile Town persist with the possession game, sideways and backwards. It’s getting us nowhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 18:30 - Nov 24 with 733 viewssnotbucket

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 19:40 - Nov 24 with 671 viewsnoggin

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:18 - Nov 24 by BlueBadger

Us, last season?

Hence the "It's an Ipswich thing".

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 20:00 - Nov 24 with 629 viewsReusersTown

Has any other team, in L1 history, on 16:59 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

We didn't seem switched on did we, looked very casual. I lost count of the times we lost second balls or were caught on our heels. Rotherham's desire was much greater than ours. It's a bit of a cliche, but they wanted it more.

Personally think you're confusing desire with shape, stamina and speed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024