Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back 10:26 - Nov 25 with 663 viewskizaitfc

Attacking wise anyway, I know Penney struggled against Plymouth and Clements has come in and done okay.

But I just dont feel we get as much attacking threat without Penney or Coulson, the whole idea of Donacien coming in was to give us a less adventurous full back that would sure up the back four with the left back still allowed to fly forward.

Having two fullbacks that dont get forward has left our forward players a little isolated, it is no surprise to me Edwards has struggled since then.

Even when we played Col U in the pizza trophy we looked so much more threatening when KVY was on the pitch and getting in the opposition's box. We certainly need one of the full backs doing it otherwise we lack numbers going forwards.

If Penney isnt the answer maybe Donacien on the left and KVY on the right could work?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 10:35 - Nov 25 with 630 viewsEly_Blue

Did you see Donaciens only previous time at LB for us?

It’s a no for me

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 10:36 - Nov 25 with 622 viewsHerbivore

KVY played on the left a lot at Colchester and he likes to cut in more than Donacien does so it would make more sense to play KVY on the left.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 10:36 - Nov 25 with 621 viewsthebooks

Penney has comfortably slotted into the left back scapegoat slot.

I’m not entirely sure why, to be honest; he’s never looked too bad to me — competent and reasonably reliable. He’s better than what I’ve seen of Bailey Clements, and he can get forward — he did on Tuesday to far better effect.

Of course, as soon as there was a single misplaced pass the “he’s literally the worst player I’ve ever seen at Ipswich Town” comments began.

Donacien has been a revelation getting forward this season, to be fair, but in PC’s system KVY is definitely the better option. Having said that, Rotherham had obviously figured out our complete reliance on fullback wingers and pressed them right back.
We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 11:16 - Nov 25 with 540 viewsDJR

I agree about Penney. When he, Fraser and Chaplin have player together, they've linked up well, so I would have played him from the start on Tuesday, as Edwards was not included. Admittedly, he was poor defensively against Plymouth but in other games his attacking role has more than made up for any defensive frailties.
We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 11:59 - Nov 25 with 487 viewsDavoIPB

We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 10:36 - Nov 25 by thebooks

Penney has comfortably slotted into the left back scapegoat slot.

I’m not entirely sure why, to be honest; he’s never looked too bad to me — competent and reasonably reliable. He’s better than what I’ve seen of Bailey Clements, and he can get forward — he did on Tuesday to far better effect.

Of course, as soon as there was a single misplaced pass the “he’s literally the worst player I’ve ever seen at Ipswich Town” comments began.

Donacien has been a revelation getting forward this season, to be fair, but in PC’s system KVY is definitely the better option. Having said that, Rotherham had obviously figured out our complete reliance on fullback wingers and pressed them right back.

Rotherham didn't press our fullback right back, they were the only players with lots of space but were not good enough to get forward and use it. Rotherham went straight down the middle and Nsiala's lack of positional awareness cost us a goal.
We are missing Penney / Coulson at left back on 13:40 - Nov 25 with 383 viewsMeadowlark

Definitely.

Coulson would be my choice, but I assume he is still injured... How long for?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024