Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Impatience 05:39 - Nov 29 with 3642 viewspennblue

I think one of the main issues is we have had so many years of underachievement, that when a new manager walks into the football club these days, it is almost like the fans are behaving like they have been here 3 years already.

If you watch the Paul Cook post match interview, you can't argue with anything he is saying, where one of the main issues we have right now, is inconsistency, both from game to game and during 90 mins.

I think the big question is, how long can it take to build these good habits, this winning culture? another six months? another 2 years? 5 years? I mean you look at clubs like Brentford, Brighton etc.. they have progressively improved season upon season. If we were to accept this view, then really, we should basically be looking for incremental improvement at the end of each season. If that happens, then the club is moving in the right direction.

Top six for me this season is progression.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Fans Impatience on 10:29 - Nov 29 with 469 viewsjayessess

I honestly don't know how anyone could believe Ipswich fans are impatient relative to any other fan base in the entire EFL.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Fans Impatience on 10:50 - Nov 29 with 445 viewsitfcjoe

Yes the fanbase that clapped us to relelgation, has averaged over 18k at home and has basically sold out every away end since we've been in League 1 (pre and post pandemic) is definitely to blame.

It's the fans expectations, and some Suffolk moaning, plus a bit of message board talk and social media posting that sees us in mid table for the 3rd time in a row in League 1 rather than inept management.

We are the biggest club that as come down to this level and totally failed without being in admin or going bankrupt. Failure after failure, season after season but yet we are impatient?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fans Impatience on 11:35 - Nov 29 with 401 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Fans Impatience on 10:50 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Yes the fanbase that clapped us to relelgation, has averaged over 18k at home and has basically sold out every away end since we've been in League 1 (pre and post pandemic) is definitely to blame.

It's the fans expectations, and some Suffolk moaning, plus a bit of message board talk and social media posting that sees us in mid table for the 3rd time in a row in League 1 rather than inept management.

We are the biggest club that as come down to this level and totally failed without being in admin or going bankrupt. Failure after failure, season after season but yet we are impatient?

In this instance yes I think we are.

The examples you give though are fair and I agree that Town support is usually pretty fair, the clapping of relegation is a great example BUT that was more looking at the brightside, I think we had so long to get user to tbe idea that any animosity has almost past but its still a testament to the fans and should be applauded but (at least for me) the current situation is different and I think as others have already said we are letting previouslu burnt fingers impact our view of the current situation which is also understandable but I think shows we need to take stock.

I'm not saying Cook is going to get it right, I have no Crystal ball. I am saying managers deserve time to make meaningful change, it doesn't (usually) happen over night.

His record is proven everywhere he has been so for me he gets time.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Fans Impatience on 06:17 - Dec 1 with 308 viewsPioneerBlue

I have read many of the posts here. I’m on the fence with Paul Cook. Expect him to succeed. He needs to get much more from the team. I’m not into switching managers every season mid season especially after one summer and one transfer window following a total club reset. We need to build foundations and consistency for sustained performance. I was listening to bbc R5 and Everton is an interesting example of a much bigger money generating machine that has spent big, churned managers/coaches and has little to show since 2012.

Paul Cook’s time will come no doubt but for me that time is not now.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Fans Impatience on 07:42 - Dec 1 with 270 viewsblueboyd

I do think Paul Cook shouldn't be judged on what he says, even dodgy car salesman can talk the talk but their product is sh|t.

I want to see it out on the pitch. My patience ran out at the end of last season with his actions firstly by the awful form we showed, then by bigging up himself as Demolition Man, then being really unprofessional in his demolishing, then leaving a huge task of rebuilding an entire squad which unfortunately he has failed at.

I am sure if you asked each fan when Cook was announced, it would be play-offs minimum, he is not going to get us in the play-offs. Time to go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024