Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this 13:09 - Dec 7 with 848 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Did you have an inkling/tip off beforehand and had to hold back until the official announcement? I know that's been the case in the past. Or was it just as much a shock to you as the rest of us? I think we had broadly similar views - it seems premature, Cook only had 1 window to get everything right, but I can also see why the owners would take this course of action when they're hoping for a quick(er) return on investment.

I think with more time and another window to fix a few areas that didn't work first time, Cook could've got us going in the right direction. I do appreciate I also don't have a lot of evidence for that. But as I was saying last week, we used to think 2 or 3 windows was a reasonable amount. Not even one full season seems harsh, but perhaps that's the world we're living in now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:15 - Dec 7 with 803 viewsBlueBadger

Phil- now the dust has settled a little on Cooks departure… by Blueastheycome 7 Dec 2021 12:41
… did you have any inclination it was coming soon? Or was it out of the blue for you too like it was for most of us ?

It's all here!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 13:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:17 - Dec 7 with 773 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:15 - Dec 7 by BlueBadger

Phil- now the dust has settled a little on Cooks departure… by Blueastheycome 7 Dec 2021 12:41
… did you have any inclination it was coming soon? Or was it out of the blue for you too like it was for most of us ?

It's all here!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 13:15]

yep, as I said in that thread, i didn't look down far enough.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:38 - Dec 7 with 625 viewsBlueBadger

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:17 - Dec 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

yep, as I said in that thread, i didn't look down far enough.

Ironically, I didn't look far enough down that thread to see you saying that.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 13:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:41 - Dec 7 with 604 viewsjeera

It's already been covered.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:47 - Dec 7 with 555 viewsclive_baker

I agree with your assessment Dollers.

The apparant haste of the decision is perhaps augmented by the candidates we're subsequently being linked with, whether there's any substance to most of the links or not, but whom by and large don't represent a 'step up' on Cook IMHO. If we can pull something out of the bag for his replacement then perhaps that would validate the decision entirely. That remains to be seen, and I'm sure we're doing a thorough search while hoping McGreal can strengthen his case with a few wins which would benefit everyone. That might have a bit of Ole about it though.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 13:48]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:48 - Dec 7 with 543 viewstimothyeo

Wasn't a surprise to me - the owners seem to have a rough idea on football so it was inevitable if slightly too late for me
Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 14:01 - Dec 7 with 442 viewsRyorry

Hey Phil, haven't seen much on your views on all this on 13:48 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

Wasn't a surprise to me - the owners seem to have a rough idea on football so it was inevitable if slightly too late for me

I'd say they have about 300 x better "rough idea" about football than ME!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024