Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he 17:37 - Jan 8 with 2456 viewsjasondozzell

Which is great news for us. I love how in both games now when he goes on the pitch at the end he's straight into earnest conversations with players about details from the game. Like he can't help himself!

We were excellent today. His calm demeanour seems to gave had an effect on team. Sorted the balance between Evans and Morsy.

Soaked but happy!
McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:39 - Jan 8 with 2385 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well done all the fans who went. I hope that entertainment and result more than made up for the miserable conditions.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:44 - Jan 8 with 2304 viewsIllinoisblue

His very first interview where he talked about being in the Salthouse hotel and watching videos of our previous games. I’m sure all managers do it but the way KMac talked about it you can just tell he’s analyzing all the time. Way too early but whisper it quietly, we might just have a good one in charge

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:46 - Jan 8 with 2233 viewshomer_123

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:44 - Jan 8 by Illinoisblue

His very first interview where he talked about being in the Salthouse hotel and watching videos of our previous games. I’m sure all managers do it but the way KMac talked about it you can just tell he’s analyzing all the time. Way too early but whisper it quietly, we might just have a good one in charge

Some didn't rate that though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:47 - Jan 8 with 2214 viewsjasondozzell

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:44 - Jan 8 by Illinoisblue

Agreed! He was talking animatedly to Evans at the end about something in the game. Would be easy after 4-0 won away just to slip into 'lads done great' mode but not for KMcK!
McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:52 - Jan 8 with 2106 viewsHipsterectomy

It's incredible the turn around from Evans getting bllockings on the touchline from Cook and then himself ranting that there were no players in space to pass to, to what we saw today.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 18:21 - Jan 8 with 1910 viewsIllinoisblue

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:47 - Jan 8 by jasondozzell

Agreed! He was talking animatedly to Evans at the end about something in the game. Would be easy after 4-0 won away just to slip into 'lads done great' mode but not for KMcK!

And post match he’s straight away talking about the different challenge Bolton will be next week. He seems like a coach who does his homework and then does it again to be sure.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 19:36 - Jan 8 with 1646 viewsRyorry

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 18:21 - Jan 8 by Illinoisblue

And post match he’s straight away talking about the different challenge Bolton will be next week. He seems like a coach who does his homework and then does it again to be sure.

He has a great footballing brain, and it shows.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 19:52 - Jan 8 with 1547 viewsRozz

Love that we're analysing teams for their weaknesses and implementing our own strategies to counter, rather than fielding the same formation regardless of opposition in the beligerant hope we'll outscore everyone we meet.

Lee Evans said in his interview in the week that KMac knew how the game would play out against Wycombe. Tonight, both Burns and the gaffer spoke about knowing they'd be man marked again, and drilling the squad on patterns of play to exploit that system. It's obviously very early days, but Ipswich has too long been a graveyard for twilighting journeymen and stuttering young hopefuls. I hope in McKenna et al we finally have a setup that will actively improve our players, and that is very exciting.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 19:52]
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 20:02 - Jan 8 with 1453 viewswrightsrightglove

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 19:52 - Jan 8 by Rozz

Love that we're analysing teams for their weaknesses and implementing our own strategies to counter, rather than fielding the same formation regardless of opposition in the beligerant hope we'll outscore everyone we meet.

Lee Evans said in his interview in the week that KMac knew how the game would play out against Wycombe. Tonight, both Burns and the gaffer spoke about knowing they'd be man marked again, and drilling the squad on patterns of play to exploit that system. It's obviously very early days, but Ipswich has too long been a graveyard for twilighting journeymen and stuttering young hopefuls. I hope in McKenna et al we finally have a setup that will actively improve our players, and that is very exciting.

Yeah this is the biggest difference for me, the manager and the players know how the opposition are going to play and they work on counteracting this in the build up to the games. For too long we’ve had ‘this is how my teams play’ managers, or managers who think we don’t need to worry about the opposition and we can just turn up and play our game. KMK is a breath of fresh air, the players are clearly enjoying it and you can see they know what’s expected of them and how they need to play to control the game and the opposition. It’s such early days but it’s a great start and the future looks so positive.
McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 20:08 - Jan 8 with 1398 viewsRyorry

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 19:52 - Jan 8 by Rozz

And so say all of us :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 21:22 - Jan 8 with 1171 viewsFixed_It

McKenna is a football obsessive isn't he on 17:47 - Jan 8 by jasondozzell

Not making direct com0arisons just yet - but it is very similar to how Pep is with his players!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024