Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? 11:24 - Jan 13 with 888 viewsWallingford_Boy

As there hasn't been a single rumour of clubs coming in for him?

Just thought the club may have confirmed this so the fans can be reassured (assuming Nors himself knows!)

RIP Sir Bobby

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:25 - Jan 13 with 877 viewsDyland

I assume he must be. Never playing for ITFC again innit.

(runs away)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:26 - Jan 13 with 867 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Although, as I mentioned on another thread, he's out of contact in the summer, and I've no idea if we have a 1 year option, so its still possible he could move on I suppose.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:32 - Jan 13 with 831 viewsJ2BLUE

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:26 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Although, as I mentioned on another thread, he's out of contact in the summer, and I've no idea if we have a 1 year option, so its still possible he could move on I suppose.

It makes no sense. He's not going to league two or the Championship. He's unlikely to head to Scotland. We would be subsiding his wages for another team in this division. We need him. He's a great option in league one. The last thing we need to do is let Norwood go if we're potentially losing Bonne. Even if Bonne stays, there's little logic in letting Norwood leave, as much as some (not you) would love to see him go to save having to admit they MIGHT have been a bit OTT when it comes to their opinion on if he's an asset for us on the pitch.

Worded that last sentence so carefully

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:34 - Jan 13 with 823 viewsiamipswich

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:26 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think I did read that we've got a 1-year option on him but only seen that once and feel like it'd have been mentioned more if so. May trawl back to the day we signed him to see if mentioned there!

Edit: we do have an option.

Taken from ITFC Official announcement:

'The 28-year-old Englishman put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Portman Road, with the Club having the option of an additional 12 months.'
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 11:35]

Poll: Who will return first?

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 800 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:32 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

It makes no sense. He's not going to league two or the Championship. He's unlikely to head to Scotland. We would be subsiding his wages for another team in this division. We need him. He's a great option in league one. The last thing we need to do is let Norwood go if we're potentially losing Bonne. Even if Bonne stays, there's little logic in letting Norwood leave, as much as some (not you) would love to see him go to save having to admit they MIGHT have been a bit OTT when it comes to their opinion on if he's an asset for us on the pitch.

Yep, all of that.

If we've got no option on him, (we may do), then the club will have to decide between getting some sales profit on him, which helps with SCMP. or letting him go for free in July.

If getting Bonne in is a priority, I could see something happen. Not saying I want to, just that I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 788 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:34 - Jan 13 by iamipswich

I think I did read that we've got a 1-year option on him but only seen that once and feel like it'd have been mentioned more if so. May trawl back to the day we signed him to see if mentioned there!

Edit: we do have an option.

Taken from ITFC Official announcement:

'The 28-year-old Englishman put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Portman Road, with the Club having the option of an additional 12 months.'
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 11:35]

Cool.

Surprised they haven't activated it yet then. Maybe at the end of the window?

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 785 viewsDyland

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:32 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Put aside all the politics and character and ethical stuff for one moment, it is unequivocal that Norwood is an asset on the pitch in this division, and for the way McKenna wants to play. We'd need a pretty surprising replacement to do much better. He needs to stay and play at least for this season.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:50 - Jan 13 with 683 viewsGarv

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:36 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Cool.

Surprised they haven't activated it yet then. Maybe at the end of the window?

Do options often get activated in January?

I assumed we would see how the next few months go in terms of fitness and decide nearer the end of the season.

If he stays fit I don't really see his importance to the team being any less over the rest of the season. That's probably dependent on whether Pigott can force his way in or if we sign a new striker.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:55 - Jan 13 with 651 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:37 - Jan 13 by Dyland

Put aside all the politics and character and ethical stuff for one moment, it is unequivocal that Norwood is an asset on the pitch in this division, and for the way McKenna wants to play. We'd need a pretty surprising replacement to do much better. He needs to stay and play at least for this season.

It was (mildly) interesting that in his filmed interview with the club about two weeks or so ago, he said that they'd give promotion a good go this season and if we don't make it we'll push hard next season.

(something along those lines anyway, the point being in his mind he wants to be here next season)

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:55 - Jan 13 with 643 viewsTonytown

Off to Barcelona apparently, with Holy and Kenlock

Def info
I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:58 - Jan 13 with 623 viewsGarv

I assume Nors is no longer on the transfer list? on 11:55 - Jan 13 by OriginalMarkyP

It was (mildly) interesting that in his filmed interview with the club about two weeks or so ago, he said that they'd give promotion a good go this season and if we don't make it we'll push hard next season.

(something along those lines anyway, the point being in his mind he wants to be here next season)

I wouldn't think too much of that necessarily but from the reports since the Norwood 'story' started bubbling up the suggestion has always been that he doesn't want to leave.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024