Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden 08:28 - Jan 23 with 3081 viewsHerbivore

May have missed it if his performance has already been discussed, but I thought he was excellent yesterday. Won lots of physical battles with Bishop, who is a unit, and swept up well with some crucial blocks and interceptions. He's really growing into that role in the middle of the back three and it's pleasing to see him raising his level now he's finally been given a run of games. Long may it continue.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Woolfenden on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 358 viewsCaptMickMills

Woolfenden on 09:10 - Jan 23 by jayessess

Yup, we've definitively re-found the 2019-20 version of him.
A massive bonus for McKenna to find an unused Championship-level CB down the back of the sofa.

Credit to McGreal for bringing Woolfenden back into the team and for trying 3 at back.
Woolfenden on 18:46 - Jan 23 with 314 viewsHerbivore

Woolfenden on 12:30 - Jan 23 by pointofblue

Could be as simple as Woolfenden is slightly more comfortable than Edmundson as part of a back three, especially as I get the impression Edmundson is a right sided centre back being asked to play on the left. Saying that, he did well in a back four on the left side under Cook.

I do wonder if McKenna might ask Ashton to look for a ball playing left sided centre back. Burgess can play there but we haven’t seen much of his call carrying abilities and I doubt they were required at Accrington. Then Edmundson can switch to the right.

Woolfenden has been showing the ability he has since we switched to a back three. I agree he does have a lot to learn but at least he seems to be improving once again. I think a lot of his stagnation over the last 18 months can be put too to the dire tactics and approach by Lambert and Cook.

Although Edmundson is right footed he prefers to play in the left, in a two at least, and for me he's looked more comfortable on that side than when he was playing on the right side of the pairing.

This must be one of the longest runs of games Edmundson has had for a while so given he's still relatively young for a CB it's not that surprising he's having a slight dip. Hopefully it'll be temporary and others have stepped up to make up for him being a little below par.

Woolfenden on 18:48 - Jan 23 with 312 viewsHerbivore

Woolfenden on 10:24 - Jan 23 by unstableblue

Wolfenden was superb at Gillingham and the best of the Central 3 at Bolton

Kudos to McKenna

McKennas post match interview was superb and so fills me with confidence- as he says it was a massive result

How did Edmundson and KVY play Herbie!?

Thought KVY was good, an upgrade on Penney for me. Still a touch below his best but it was a solid performance from him. Edmundson was a little below par. Not a bad performance by any stretch but not hitting the heights we've seen from him for most of his time here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024