Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton 15:04 - Feb 8 with 877 viewsRobTheMonk

How on earth did we manage to get him?

Looks so assured at the back; actually claims crosses and his starting position is generally very good.

It's no surprise to me that since he's been in, the back line look much more settled than under 'random punching' Hladky.

I think he could easily be in any Championship squad and would be number 1 for at least 70% of the teams in that league.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bid for him if we don't go up.
Walton on 16:19 - Feb 8 with 744 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Could well be a release clause in his contract.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 16:19]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Walton on 16:22 - Feb 8 with 721 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton on 16:19 - Feb 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Could well be a release clause in his contract.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 16:19]

I'm not sure. I think he's at the age now where he and his family can settle and suffolk and surrounding areas has been a solid choice for alot of footballers. Look at all those that went to col u just so they could stay in the area.

I have a feeling we will have Walton for a lot of years now
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 16:25]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Walton on 16:32 - Feb 8 with 670 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Walton on 16:22 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

I'm not sure. I think he's at the age now where he and his family can settle and suffolk and surrounding areas has been a solid choice for alot of footballers. Look at all those that went to col u just so they could stay in the area.

I have a feeling we will have Walton for a lot of years now
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 16:25]

I wouldnt bet on any loyalty like that.

Those who went to Col U were generally at a much different stage in their career and couldnt expect much better. Theres plenty of others who left for a bigger wage and Championship football.

....which is fine.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Walton on 16:35 - Feb 8 with 661 viewsclive_baker

Yeah, really good keeper. Hopefully this thread isn't tempting fate but he certainly looks a really good shot stopper and commands his 6 yard box so well on crosses. It's a breath of fresh air having a keeper that so reliably commands his area. Would agree about his potential to play higher, especially at the age he's at which is nothing for a keeper. Think his distribution could be a little better but it's certainly a massive step up on Holy who really is a poor keeper. Lovely chap but nowhere near the level we need to be at.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hladky move on in the summer as he's of an age where he really should be starting somewhere. If we can some cash for him and a replacement that's a little cheaper, perhaps in the autumn of their career as a cup keeper and mentor to Walton, that would feel like a really nice balance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Walton on 17:10 - Feb 8 with 535 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton on 16:32 - Feb 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wouldnt bet on any loyalty like that.

Those who went to Col U were generally at a much different stage in their career and couldnt expect much better. Theres plenty of others who left for a bigger wage and Championship football.

....which is fine.

I wouldn't really call it loyalty more of a desire to settle down and enjoy a nice family life. Obviously he could end up moving on as you say quite easily. But It wouldn't surprise me tho if he just wants a place to call home.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024