Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pigott much improved 09:24 - Mar 6 with 2629 viewsjayessess

I've thought very little of Joe Pigott's previous showings for Ipswich Town, but yesterday he was much improved I thought?

Hold-up and link play was miles better. Still not offering much goal threat but he managed to find good spaces to pick the ball up back to goal, kept it, moved it on effectively.

A useful option in the front line if he plays like that more regularly.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 10:36]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pigott much improved on 13:59 - Mar 7 with 287 viewstractorshark

Pigott much improved on 12:26 - Mar 7 by jayessess

Like Fraser, I think as it stands we'd try to move Pigott on if we could recoup our losses. He's not on a squad player's wage, so really he's got to demonstrate he's our genuine first choice number 9 in what remains of this season.

Don’t really disagree with either of the last two people to comment.

He is a big earner and the club will have a decision to make.

Ultimately, though, it’s up to him. He’s getting chances now in the team so he has to prove his worth.

But I would add his record is superior to say Alfie May or Cole Stockton. They’re all of a similar age but Pigott has done it at a higher level.

And, yes, Pigott had a good season last year but he also did it in 2018-19 as well. Think he got nearly 20 goals that season as well.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 13:59]
Pigott much improved on 14:40 - Mar 7 with 242 viewsjayessess

Pigott much improved on 13:59 - Mar 7 by tractorshark

Don’t really disagree with either of the last two people to comment.

He is a big earner and the club will have a decision to make.

Ultimately, though, it’s up to him. He’s getting chances now in the team so he has to prove his worth.

But I would add his record is superior to say Alfie May or Cole Stockton. They’re all of a similar age but Pigott has done it at a higher level.

And, yes, Pigott had a good season last year but he also did it in 2018-19 as well. Think he got nearly 20 goals that season as well.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 13:59]

You're right, slightly better overall pedigree.

League One records:

Alfie May, 28, 111 apps, 24 goals (0.22/app)
Cole Stockton, 27, 85 apps, 23 goals (0.27/app)
Joe Pigott, 28, 186 apps, 53 goals (0.28/app)

Also thought May and Stockton both disappeared into Woolfie's pocket for 90 minutes. That said it seems unlikely to me that the profile of player we'll look at in the Summer will be "Late 20s, One Good Season in League One".

Pigott much improved on 14:50 - Mar 7 with 231 viewsfranz_tyson

Could Pigott be similar to Will Keane?

I thought there was a real player in Keane with his nice touches/lay offs, but didn’t seem to fit at times and not physical enough.

Wasn’t unhappy to see him leave, but he’s done well at Wigan. Pigott seems a similar type of player to Keane and could be one who blossoms longer term. I think I’d start both Jackson and Pigott tomorrow and try to build on something. I think it will boost the confidence of both.
Pigott much improved on 15:08 - Mar 7 with 223 viewsjayessess

Pigott much improved on 14:50 - Mar 7 by franz_tyson

Could Pigott be similar to Will Keane?

I thought there was a real player in Keane with his nice touches/lay offs, but didn’t seem to fit at times and not physical enough.

Wasn’t unhappy to see him leave, but he’s done well at Wigan. Pigott seems a similar type of player to Keane and could be one who blossoms longer term. I think I’d start both Jackson and Pigott tomorrow and try to build on something. I think it will boost the confidence of both.

I can see the Will Keane similarity, for sure.

For me we've got 2 forwards who definitely belong at a higher level than League One - Chaplin and Celina. We'd be crackers not to try and get both of them on the pitch for the vast vast majority of our remaining fixtures. Not sure that leaves room for Pigott/Jackson to be a regular partnership.

Pigott much improved on 16:08 - Mar 7 with 186 viewsfranz_tyson

Pigott much improved on 15:08 - Mar 7 by jayessess

I can see the Will Keane similarity, for sure.

For me we've got 2 forwards who definitely belong at a higher level than League One - Chaplin and Celina. We'd be crackers not to try and get both of them on the pitch for the vast vast majority of our remaining fixtures. Not sure that leaves room for Pigott/Jackson to be a regular partnership.

If Celina plays the same deeper role, we can get all of Chaplin, Keane and Jackson on the pitch.

I’d imagine we’d probably start with Bakinson, though. Who knows. I would sacrifice either Chaplin or Pigott to get Celina in the front 3 with Bakinson/Morsy. Good options to have
Pigott much improved on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 177 viewsjayessess

Pigott much improved on 16:08 - Mar 7 by franz_tyson

If Celina plays the same deeper role, we can get all of Chaplin, Keane and Jackson on the pitch.

I’d imagine we’d probably start with Bakinson, though. Who knows. I would sacrifice either Chaplin or Pigott to get Celina in the front 3 with Bakinson/Morsy. Good options to have

Didn't think Celina-Morsy as a 2 worked very well and not anticipating seeing it again...

Pigott much improved on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 177 viewsSkip_Intro

Pigott much improved on 16:08 - Mar 7 by franz_tyson

I think on a half decent pitch Celina's touch and passing would have much more impact at CM and also Pigott's hold up play would be more effective...as much as Bakinson was a great sub to make on Saturday (and ultimately won us the game) it will be interesting to see how we start tomorrow night...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024