Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody watch drive to survive? 13:56 - Mar 10 with 619 viewsCoastalblue

New season out tomorrow I believe. I was a big F1 fan back in the 80's but rarely watch it these days and have to admit this has probably been my preferred method of consumption, even if it's a year behind.

I do find it a really good watch even without having the massive interest in F1, and maybe that's the reason, perhaps if you are into F1 this is ancient history and boring?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anybody watch drive to survive? on 14:04 - Mar 10 with 590 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree entirely. No time or particular interest to watch the Grand Prix themselves.

But the personalities, conflicts and how the season progresses is a compelling watch. Especially if you’ve largely ignored the “live” season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anybody watch drive to survive? on 14:34 - Mar 10 with 549 viewsSitfcB

Yes watched if all over a few weeks not long back, good stuff, I enjoy behind the scenes series’ - got a good insight into the ‘lesser known’ teams.

Guenther Steiner is great.

Max V didn’t take part in the series that is out tomorrow as he didn’t like the ‘rivalries’ it was creating or something.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anybody watch drive to survive? on 15:13 - Mar 10 with 492 viewsJDB23

Not really. I think that series is in part (although only minor) to blame for why F1 has devolved from a sport into a ‘drama at all costs’ entertainment business. Doubt I will be consuming anything related to F1 for a while yet although hopefully after the shambles of last season some positive changes are made.
Anybody watch drive to survive? on 18:41 - Mar 10 with 422 viewsAdam

I am a big fan of F1 and watch all the races. I will watch drive to survive when it is out tomorrow but I tend to take it with a pinch of salt. I really enjoy seeing the behind the scenes stuff but at times they tend to over dramatise stuff for the 'show'. For example, one year two drivers had a crash but drive to survive showed the crash and then did a whole episode on how these two drivers hated each other when actually they are really good friends. It's so over the top at times that some drivers (Max Verstappen this season) said they don't want to be involved with it.
Anybody watch drive to survive? on 20:41 - Mar 10 with 365 viewsstonojnr

its interesting to see some of the behind the scenes stuff and brings out more of the human personalities instead of the corporate on message side we see more of, and F1 has always been a drama off the track,it wasnt nicknamed the piranha club for no reason

but I do think it panders to the Sky tabloid side of bigging up driver rivalries and overegging its stories, its not entirely rooted in fact all the time, which is disappointing.

I mean take K-Mag, theres an episode where he trashed a door in the Haas motorhome after a disappointing race,after theyd bigged up the rivalry with him & Grosjean fighting for their future, and Gunther goes even more ballistic than normal and is running around the paddock swearing trying to find K-Mag to tell him he doesnt want him to drive in his car anymore ever again if he behaves like that, how dare he break that door, but with more broken english swearing, and you are thinking wow ok yeah they obviously patched it enough to carry on for another season of racing after that, but maybe thats why his contract wasnt renewed after 2020.

yet whose the first driver Gunther rang for the now spare seat at Haas, K-Mag.

and youll notice too once you hear it, everytime they show a crash, they use the same crash sound effects, to make it sound like a car crash from a movie style.

plus it gives people the excuse that the on track stuff is setup to boost the Netflix story ratings, which wow, if you watched F1 in the 80s, youd know of Jean Marie Balestre, Id love to see what F1 fans on twitter would have made to some of those races and decisions from the 80s early 90s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024