Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway 21:56 - Mar 22 with 5702 viewsBondiBlue

Sorry if this has been covered in joe's thread.

Can we put this one to bed now? Phil said the same a while back - said it was the same with gibbs.

We're going to miss out on the playoffs this year having given none of the all-conquering u23s a chance. I can handle missing out on the playoffs if we're building for next season. I can handle giving none of the 23s a chance if we're top of the league.

Poll: Which would you accept?

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 20:53 - Mar 23 with 487 viewsjayessess

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 19:20 - Mar 23 by BondiBlue

27 games in league and cup this season and 12 goals. I don't think we'd have to cross our fingers that he's going to be better than pigott.

Joe Pigott scored 20 in 45 games last season at a higher level. There's no guarantees here, just a manager's judgement.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 22:55 - Mar 23 with 418 viewsBondiBlue

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 20:53 - Mar 23 by jayessess

Joe Pigott scored 20 in 45 games last season at a higher level. There's no guarantees here, just a manager's judgement.

But in a management team that functions well the manager should listen to the views of his support staff. Not having a dig at mckenna here and suggesting he's an autocrat - it's a football-wide problem because of the outdated hierarchical structure of the off-field staff and the fact that accountability for results is squarely on the manager.

Poll: Which would you accept?

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 14:27 - Mar 24 with 329 viewsjayessess

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 22:55 - Mar 23 by BondiBlue

But in a management team that functions well the manager should listen to the views of his support staff. Not having a dig at mckenna here and suggesting he's an autocrat - it's a football-wide problem because of the outdated hierarchical structure of the off-field staff and the fact that accountability for results is squarely on the manager.

What do you mean by listening here? If Dyer tells McKenna that Simpson's better than Bonne or Humphreys is better than Carroll, and he's seen them both play and doesn't agree, should he automatically defer to Dyer?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 07:17 - Mar 25 with 242 viewsChurchman

KD: Simpson just wants to see a pathway on 22:55 - Mar 23 by BondiBlue

If McKenna had walzed in here and said Kieron has told me x, y and z are the best players in the club so they’re in the first team and we’d then lost those games, I wonder what the reaction of the displaced and other first team players would have been? Or the crowd, come to that. I doubt KM would have made it to Valentines Day.

KD has a view on how things should be that differs to others in the football club. Kieron was open enough to say they might be right and himself wrong. Time will tell, but I think the younger players, if they’re good enough and still here, will get their chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024