Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... 21:23 - Mar 26 with 1399 viewsPendejo

McKenna

Did he apply for the job, or was he head hunted?

Either way inspired from the owners, directors and management.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 21:32 - Mar 26 with 1345 viewsitfcsuth

I think he was head-hunted per say.

Ashton said he had been on his radar for a while.

Managerial appointments with no prior experience are always a gamble, and this was no different, but it is proving to be an inspired decision - seems to me a phenomenal manager, coach and tactician.

I don’t say it lightly, but I firmly believe he is one of, if not the single brightest young footballing minds in Britain.
Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 21:36 - Mar 26 with 1309 viewsMattinLondon

I’m pretty sure that he was headhunted. Seem to remember that Ashton mentioned that they met in a service station after getting all necessary permissions from Man U.

Still find it staggering that we managed to lure him when Man U were initially against him leaving.

Suppose it puts both clubs in a positive light - the fact that our ambition attracted him and that Man U did what he wanted to do and let him leave.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 21:40]
Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 22:18 - Mar 26 with 1145 viewsPendejo

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 21:32 - Mar 26 by itfcsuth

I think he was head-hunted per say.

Ashton said he had been on his radar for a while.

Managerial appointments with no prior experience are always a gamble, and this was no different, but it is proving to be an inspired decision - seems to me a phenomenal manager, coach and tactician.

I don’t say it lightly, but I firmly believe he is one of, if not the single brightest young footballing minds in Britain.

Every appointment is a gamble... Keane, Jewell, Lambert and Cook

I was hoping the answer was head hunted and I hope he is with us and successful for as long as possible. Yes those draws have cost is but everything indicates the slide has been arrested and a forward trajectory looks possible.

I once posted about not looking back in anger at Keane, Jewell eras... But can't but be really fckng angry about Cookie Monster last season. But then if he'd been competent we wouldn't have McKenna now.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 12:33 - Mar 27 with 815 viewsitfcsuth

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 22:18 - Mar 26 by Pendejo

I was hoping the answer was head hunted and I hope he is with us and successful for as long as possible. Yes those draws have cost is but everything indicates the slide has been arrested and a forward trajectory looks possible.

I once posted about not looking back in anger at Keane, Jewell eras... But can't but be really fckng angry about Cookie Monster last season. But then if he'd been competent we wouldn't have McKenna now.

Of course every managerial appointment, but with track records you can normally gauge what you will get from a manager - Mick McCarthy did everything I expected from him as a manager, Paul Lambert showed many similar traits that he had at other clubs.

With KM, there was simply no knowledge to know how it would unfold, an simply had to wait and see.

Cooks time here was a failure, that can’t be disputed. However, it proved to be the correct decision to look to move on the squad that failed Paul Lambert prior, and he put together a good squad of players - he just couldn’t get the tune out of them.
Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 17:23 - Mar 27 with 620 viewsParisBlue

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 21:36 - Mar 26 by MattinLondon

I’m pretty sure that he was headhunted. Seem to remember that Ashton mentioned that they met in a service station after getting all necessary permissions from Man U.

Still find it staggering that we managed to lure him when Man U were initially against him leaving.

Suppose it puts both clubs in a positive light - the fact that our ambition attracted him and that Man U did what he wanted to do and let him leave.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 21:40]

I think KMac ultimately decided it was an opportunity he wanted and that greased the wheels with Man Utd. I think both clubs acted honourably here.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 17:30 - Mar 27 with 605 viewsGavTWTD

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 22:18 - Mar 26 by Pendejo

I didn't think Cook was a gamble. What do I know?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 20:45 - Mar 27 with 435 viewsnoggin

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 17:30 - Mar 27 by GavTWTD

Michael Chopra was a gamble. No, I mean gambler....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 20:48 - Mar 27 with 420 viewspointofblue

Apologies that I missed this and have to ask... on 17:30 - Mar 27 by GavTWTD

I was concerned about his ability without Richardson.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024