Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer signings. 18:13 - Jun 22 with 2873 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Very Marcus Evans esque window so far. Have the gamechangers tightened the purse strings?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Summer signings. on 20:06 - Jun 22 with 555 viewsJDB23

Summer signings. on 19:49 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

Dominic Ball and Freddie Ladapo in L1 are hardly belt tightening signings.

Still wouldn't be surprised if our wage bill was smaller this year after trimming down the squad.

We've also not had any transfer money income compared to last year. Would that effect the wage restriction? Not sure how it gets applied across seasons.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 20:10]
Summer signings. on 20:11 - Jun 22 with 524 viewsItfcforme

Summer signings. on 19:55 - Jun 22 by xrayspecs

Plus new long term deals for Wolf and Wes.

At the start of the season cup and league games come thick and fast a large squad is needed so expect more loan players to come in
Summer signings. on 20:13 - Jun 22 with 513 viewsKieran_Knows

Summer signings. on 18:33 - Jun 22 by BonneNIL

I have to agree, it seems that Ashton blew the Gamechanger advantage last season and we're back to the usual freebies/loans and barrel-scraping exercise. Signing players with bad reputations and injury records, or from teams way below us has been the standard for years here.

This kid scored 5 goals for Doncaster a few years ago, played 20 minutes last season, and we've moved Norwood on, and lost Bonne. We should be upgrading our squad, this smacks of plugging gaps rather than an upgrade.

Our supporters will be quick to jump on anyone criticising this, but I am losing faith in McKenna, and I am starting to believe this may be a U23's coach over-promoted, a bit like Paul Hurst's appointment, coupled with Ashton's addiction to signings, could be a recipe for disaster again here.

I expect to be slated for this of course, but this is looking more of the same with every signing. I just pray for the day when we go for the quality over quantity approach and actually start recruiting like a club that matters again.

I hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling about things.

I’ve seen some posts on this forum in my time, but Jesus wept.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Summer signings. on 20:23 - Jun 22 with 481 viewsxrayspecs

Summer signings. on 20:11 - Jun 22 by Itfcforme

At the start of the season cup and league games come thick and fast a large squad is needed so expect more loan players to come in

U23s will play the cup games. KM will not want a large squad.

My prediction:

A proven goal scoring forward, and let Piggot move on
Celina/another attacking midfielder
Fourth central midfielder, although could Chirewa be an outside bet if he signs a new deal?
Left sided defender, which would allow Penney and KVY? to move on
A right sided centre back and let Burgess go
New second choice keeper and let Hladky go

Loans for El Miz, Baggott
Humphreys spends first half of season with first team squad
Harper and Dobra to be loaned/sold.

Would give an outfield first team squad of 22.
Summer signings. on 20:27 - Jun 22 with 451 viewsxrayspecs

Summer signings. on 20:06 - Jun 22 by JDB23

Still wouldn't be surprised if our wage bill was smaller this year after trimming down the squad.

We've also not had any transfer money income compared to last year. Would that effect the wage restriction? Not sure how it gets applied across seasons.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 20:10]

Transfer fees are rarely paid in one instalment, so we may well be owed monies by Swansea and QPR. There is also a potential sell-on if Downes moves on this season. Obviously, some of the fees we paid last summer may be spread over a number of years too.

Irrespective, MA has spoken about the ownership group being asked to fund our plans, so would cover any gaps and ensure we remain within the L1 salary restrictions.
Summer signings. on 20:28 - Jun 22 with 448 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Summer signings. on 19:10 - Jun 22 by Illinoisblue

Losing faith with a manager who’s been in charge for all of six months? Have a word with yourself you massive fanny.

Like everyone did with Cook you mean 😜👀
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 20:28]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Summer signings. on 20:47 - Jun 22 with 396 viewsAlanG296

Summer signings. on 19:10 - Jun 22 by Illinoisblue

Losing faith with a manager who’s been in charge for all of six months? Have a word with yourself you massive fanny.

I think it's right that we support KM and really really want him to be a success here while recognising that he's still a novice, who's spent most of his career at top div clubs and only has 4 and a bit months and 23 games at this level. Yes he achieved a lot last year but it's not enough that he's done better than our last one. He's got a lot to prove. He must be better than the other 23 in the division. We've got to put our faith in him. I'm cautiously optimistic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024