Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so it begins. 09:55 - Jun 29 with 914 viewsBlueBadger

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/28/tory-mp-says-he-doesnt-agree-women-have-absolute-

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

And so it begins. on 10:13 - Jun 29 with 798 viewsclive_baker

Can't see anything beginning over here tbh, the ruling in US has been widely denounced just about everywhere you look, including by Johnson himself who referred to it as a step back. And Kruger's recent comments have been heavily criticised too. Not sure why the media bother to give him a voice.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

And so it begins. on 10:16 - Jun 29 with 782 viewsMattinLondon

And so it begins. on 10:13 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

Can't see anything beginning over here tbh, the ruling in US has been widely denounced just about everywhere you look, including by Johnson himself who referred to it as a step back. And Kruger's recent comments have been heavily criticised too. Not sure why the media bother to give him a voice.

Clickbait isn’t it. More hits in their website.
And so it begins. on 11:33 - Jun 29 with 682 viewsmonytowbray

I already see the “no big deal just ignore it” people are out in force.

Sleep walking into fascism.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

And so it begins. on 11:36 - Jun 29 with 652 viewsmonytowbray

Seeing as the Tories are about to gut any accountability and human rights in this country, and the Tories have proven they’d say unicorns are real if it keeps the culture wars flamed or the press on side, I’d say nipping this kinda stuff in the bud now is a good idea.

Do you think JRM cares about the rights of women’s bodily freedom or gay rights? We’ve said “oh they’d never sink THAT low” enough times, but still won’t wake up to the fact they continually do

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

And so it begins. on 11:36 - Jun 29 with 650 viewsunbelievablue

Thankfully he will be derided as an outsider. Our system is pretty fecked, but crackpots like him are crackpots over here, for the most part.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

And so it begins. on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 616 viewsDanTheMan

"Not sure why the media bother to give him a voice."

I mean, it's not exactly like he's some random you can ignore, he's an elected MP. He is literally elected to speak for others.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

And so it begins. on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 614 viewsclive_baker

And so it begins. on 11:36 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

Seeing as the Tories are about to gut any accountability and human rights in this country, and the Tories have proven they’d say unicorns are real if it keeps the culture wars flamed or the press on side, I’d say nipping this kinda stuff in the bud now is a good idea.

Do you think JRM cares about the rights of women’s bodily freedom or gay rights? We’ve said “oh they’d never sink THAT low” enough times, but still won’t wake up to the fact they continually do

The specific point here, as I understood it, was that what we've seen develop in the US in recent days is something that will follow here. The press and public sentiment is quite evidently very anti these developments, bar 1 or 2 nut jobs I don't think I've seen anyone suggesting otherwise, it's been universally derided. Even Johnson has come out and called it a step back.

Not sure what it's got to do with JRM, he's a wrong un, as are this government, that isn't new news and the sooner we bun them the better. My point was specifically with regards to the abortion rights of women.

And so it begins. on 11:54 - Jun 29 with 610 viewsclive_baker

And so it begins. on 11:51 - Jun 29 by DanTheMan

"Not sure why the media bother to give him a voice."

I mean, it's not exactly like he's some random you can ignore, he's an elected MP. He is literally elected to speak for others.

Of course, but it doesn't mean every newspaper in the land should bother publishing the crap he spouts.

Didn't realise until today he was Prue Leith's son, the lady off Bake Off. That's a shame, she must be embarrassed.

Login to get fewer ads

And so it begins. on 11:56 - Jun 29 with 603 viewsDanTheMan

And so it begins. on 11:54 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

Of course, but it doesn't mean every newspaper in the land should bother publishing the crap he spouts.

Didn't realise until today he was Prue Leith's son, the lady off Bake Off. That's a shame, she must be embarrassed.

Honestly, I'd rather he was called out for it than allowed to just spout evangelical nonsense. I don't really blame the newspapers for it.

He should keep his religious views to himself.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

And so it begins. on 12:04 - Jun 29 with 574 viewsBlueBadger

And so it begins. on 11:36 - Jun 29 by unbelievablue

Thankfully he will be derided as an outsider. Our system is pretty fecked, but crackpots like him are crackpots over here, for the most part.

At least two members of the cabinet and a former health secretary share his view.

61 Tory MPs voted against increasing access to abortion in Northern Ireland in 2019.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 12:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

And so it begins. on 12:07 - Jun 29 with 547 viewsunbelievablue

And so it begins. on 12:04 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

At least two members of the cabinet and a former health secretary share his view.

61 Tory MPs voted against increasing access to abortion in Northern Ireland in 2019.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 12:07]

Maybe so, but they're still outsiders.

As were, I would point out, the SCJs in the States. But their system enabled that decision.

It won't happen here. We simply don't have that level of fundamentalist Christian doctrine permeating society or the highest levels of decision making.

And so it begins. on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 540 viewsBlueBadger

And so it begins. on 11:51 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

The specific point here, as I understood it, was that what we've seen develop in the US in recent days is something that will follow here. The press and public sentiment is quite evidently very anti these developments, bar 1 or 2 nut jobs I don't think I've seen anyone suggesting otherwise, it's been universally derided. Even Johnson has come out and called it a step back.

Not sure what it's got to do with JRM, he's a wrong un, as are this government, that isn't new news and the sooner we bun them the better. My point was specifically with regards to the abortion rights of women.

It won't be front and centre, but it'll be a creeping issue within the Tory party.

A bit like when the Blue Passports and No Foreigners crowd were fringe loons.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 16:20]

And so it begins. on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 524 viewsBlueBadger

And so it begins. on 12:07 - Jun 29 by unbelievablue

Maybe so, but they're still outsiders.

As were, I would point out, the SCJs in the States. But their system enabled that decision.

It won't happen here. We simply don't have that level of fundamentalist Christian doctrine permeating society or the highest levels of decision making.

And so it begins. by BlueBadger 29 Jun 2022 12:08
It won't be front and centre, but it'll be a creeping issue within the Tory party.

And so it begins. on 12:10 - Jun 29 with 515 viewsBlueBadger

And so it begins. on 11:33 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

I already see the “no big deal just ignore it” people are out in force.

Sleep walking into fascism.

In other news, have you heard THIS?

https://traumabond1.bandcamp.com/album/winters-light

i'm not a massive gridcore fan and I wouldn't say this is 'pure' grindcore, but it does good, denty, things to yer brain.

https://traumabond1.bandcamp.com/album/winters-light

And so it begins. on 12:10 - Jun 29 with 514 viewsunbelievablue

And so it begins. on 12:08 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

And so it begins. by BlueBadger 29 Jun 2022 12:08

Yeah maybe. And hopefully they're equally derided for it.

No government in the UK will successfully row back abortion legislation. I'd bet my house if a) I had one and b) I weren't a recovering gambling addict.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024