Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt 17:02 - Jun 30 with 3880 viewsBonneNIL

According to the EADT which we broadly knew. I don't think he should be quite painted a hero for doing that, as it was his decision-making and policies that ended up losing the club a shed load of money and in the third tier where the losses due to Covid were pretty substantial. The absolute insanity around 2018 still haunts me to this day, putting Paul Hurst in charge of Ipswich Town was akin to handling toddlers with a tin of paint and brushes and letting them redecorate the house. Yes, it's cheaper than a decorator but the results will be terrible.

Most people lose money on a bad investment at some point in their lives, or due to bad decision-making, you learn from it, it doesn't make it heroic. It was entirely his own fault, he inherited a reasonably well-run club with an alright manager and a handful of good players. His administration did not make use of that. He had to sell the club when he did too, and the only way of doing that was by offloading the debt, he wasn't going to get anything for it at all otherwise. That's not charity, it's business. He was right to sell when he did as well, it would have only lost more value had he hung on.

Can you imagine what Cook would have managed on the Evans budget? Imagine the injuries too...

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 20:33 - Jul 2 with 230 viewsglasso

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 17:33 - Jun 30 by Rocky

"The absolute insanity around 2018 still haunts me to this day, putting Paul Hurst in charge of Ipswich Town was akin to handling toddlers with a tin of paint and brushes and letting them redecorate the house."

Yet this was the same Paul Hurst who was widely approved of on here. Let's not pretend that it was an unpopular choice by Evans.

Yeah. I have no love for Evans. His reign was a disaster for us.

But I'm someone who will openly admit I know very little about lower league football - or any football in scientific detail, if I'm honest - I just don't follow the whole pyramid passionately enough to know about all the new players we're linked to or the new managers we're bringing in. I regularly hear about our signings for the first time on TWTD and read what other people have to say about them.

Before he came, people were waxing lyrical about Hurst and saying he was The One.

When we got him, people were raving about him.

Then, when he was shlt, it was the universally accepted truth that we all knew he was terrible all along.
Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 23:41 - Jul 2 with 194 viewsITFC_Forever

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 17:38 - Jul 2 by PhilTWTD

The Leon Best replacing Murph thing isn't quite true. Best was offered a contract as cover for Murph before Newcastle made an offer. Big failing was not being able to bring in a replacement for Murph.

Yet some thought it was imminent when Murphy left that we would bring a relatively big name striker (by our standards anyway).

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 08:15 - Jul 3 with 145 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 17:43 - Jul 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

They did

No, you didn't.

Hurst was bad for them, so was Lambert, so was Cook........Poor souls these players !

Those three managers were all terrible for Ipswich though. One of them continued to do awfully even after all of those horrible horrible players had left the club and we finished even lower in the league without them last year than we ever did with them

But boooooo the Mick players

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 08:26 - Jul 3 with 142 viewsDyland

Evans swallowed the cost of Covid and wrote off a ton of debt on 17:53 - Jul 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Does it stop them from putting the effort in? Again, Derby County from last season is a good example as to how to fight for the shirt and fans alike.

"Does it stop them from putting the effort in"

You're imagining this... but we've been here countless times...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024