Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feedback on the tannoy 11:41 - Aug 2 with 2908 viewsHarlestonblue

Apologies if this has been discussed since Saturday.
It seems churlish to complain about anything happening at PR given the vast improvement under the new regime and I understand that the tannoy system is a work in progress but the volume levels in the top tier of the Magnus Stand were ear splittingly loud on Saturday.
I have spoken to fellow fans and relatives aged 7 to 70 and we all agree we felt uncomfortable with the music and announcements.
I do feel guilty complaining about anything regarding ITFC atm but hopefully the volume levels can be tweaked before the next home game. Please.
Feedback on the tannoy on 08:04 - Aug 3 with 614 viewsDJR

Feedback on the tannoy on 17:37 - Aug 2 by Zx1988

My thoughts too. A very strange survey that seems to try and force you into choosing from (sometimes) a number of wholly irrelevant options.

I'm all for the club reaching out to gauge opinion, but would rather they sought organic points of view rather than providing a narrow choice of what to think.

Agreed. The choice of answers made me think it had been put together by someone rather junior. For example, on sound there was no option "the sound level was fine but it was muffled". And I had to answer specific questions about the catering which I didn't use. This sort of survey is done because it is easier to collate the results but it has to be done well, and in my view it would be much better to ask "what did you think of the PA system?", with an additional question "where did you sit?", but that approach would involve more effort to analyse.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 8:08]
Feedback on the tannoy on 10:12 - Aug 3 with 577 viewstractorshark

It was absolutely deafening in the top tier of the Magnus Stand.
Just needs to be turned down a notch. Could hear everything very clearly including the ringing in my ears for the two hours after the game.
Feedback on the tannoy on 11:28 - Aug 10 with 495 viewsHarlestonblue

Feedback on the tannoy on 20:16 - Aug 2 by DublinBlue84

Magnus Stand nearest Churchmans has been too quiet and unclear for the best part of a decade now at this point.

I wasn't there on Saturday, but was it actually possible to understand any talking even if it was too loud?

Pleased to report that the volume was reduced last night. Big improvement. Thank you.
Feedback on the tannoy on 14:58 - Aug 10 with 445 viewsrgp1

Not much point having a tannoy if foz can't be bothered to read out the subs before kick off!
Feedback on the tannoy on 15:13 - Aug 10 with 434 viewsmonty_radio

Feedback on the tannoy on 10:12 - Aug 3 by tractorshark

It was absolutely deafening in the top tier of the Magnus Stand.
Just needs to be turned down a notch. Could hear everything very clearly including the ringing in my ears for the two hours after the game.

Younger posters might not necessarily appreciate that age-related hearing loss is a more complex matter than volume. Over-amplification brings its own clarity issues. I'm sure the powers-that-be understand these things, so, hopefully, it's just a matter of time before they get it spot on now that they are actually addressing it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Feedback on the tannoy on 11:09 - Aug 16 with 339 viewsHarlestonblue

Feedback on the tannoy on 15:13 - Aug 10 by monty_radio

Younger posters might not necessarily appreciate that age-related hearing loss is a more complex matter than volume. Over-amplification brings its own clarity issues. I'm sure the powers-that-be understand these things, so, hopefully, it's just a matter of time before they get it spot on now that they are actually addressing it.

Having felt comfortable with the volume at the ColU game I felt it was too loud again v MK Dons. Please turn the volume down in the Magnus top tier!
Having said that I thoroughly enjoyed the game! good luck tonight ITFC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024