Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a great start for Celina! 19:21 - Aug 8 with 4537 viewsUppaTowen78

Not a great start for Celina! on 11:09 - Aug 9 with 441 viewsCityBlue

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:12 - Aug 8 by Trequartista

Isn't he paid the same wherever he might go on loan?

Loan deals always include some percentage of wages clause based upon a flat rate and then an incentivized/performance rate. Essentially if the loan player performs well we pay more - on the proviso there is no recall clause in place.
Dijon cannot afford his wages and cannot off load him either. They need to achieve at least £750k in a sale and have demanded he is in the highest level shop window. In this case that is the Turkish premier league. They do not see League One (Tier 3) as prestigious as it is.

I T I D

Not a great start for Celina! on 12:07 - Aug 9 with 406 viewsSamWhiteUK

I personally think all these "how dare he get a good wage and look after his family" posts are nonsense. No matter what job you do, there will always be roles that pay better. Doesn't mean you should take them if you're not going to enjoy it, it'll make you miserable etc.

He would be paid more than enough here, as all our players will. He chased the money, plain and simple.

If someone said they'd pay me 50% more than I'm on currently, but I had to go and live and work in the arse end of nowhere, away from family, nothing to do on the weekends, I wouldn't jump on it straight away like a load of you are implying you would.
Not a great start for Celina! on 12:41 - Aug 9 with 389 viewsmylittletown

Not a great start for Celina! on 12:07 - Aug 9 by SamWhiteUK

I personally think all these "how dare he get a good wage and look after his family" posts are nonsense. No matter what job you do, there will always be roles that pay better. Doesn't mean you should take them if you're not going to enjoy it, it'll make you miserable etc.

He would be paid more than enough here, as all our players will. He chased the money, plain and simple.

If someone said they'd pay me 50% more than I'm on currently, but I had to go and live and work in the arse end of nowhere, away from family, nothing to do on the weekends, I wouldn't jump on it straight away like a load of you are implying you would.

Agreed.

Plus, apart from the great Sir Les Ferdinand, I'm struggling to think of players, who are on the way up, using a loan to Turkey as a successful stepping stone.

Even Sir Les played for Besiktas, who are one of the Big Three in Turkey.
Not a great start for Celina! on 12:48 - Aug 9 with 377 viewsPhilTWTD

Not a great start for Celina! on 10:51 - Aug 9 by backinbeige

He has a contract with Dijon paying X per week. He could have agreed to waive some of this money if Dijon didn’t want to pay it, the new club couldn’t afford it and he’s desperate to force the move through. But we believe that’s not the case, in fact it’s possibly the opposite and he’s now getting more money than he used to.

This extra money could be a healthy bonus upon signing with the new club, it could be a top up of his wages from the new club or it could be both. In truth it doesn’t really matter when the money arrives he’s not worried about clearing his rent each month, money is still money not matter how it’s being hosed at you (unless there are tax efficiencies).

Dijon wanted a loan fee for him and then the clubs could go away and discuss a wage with Celina. I assume Celina and his people agreed to this as it would mean the wage would be more than his contracted figure at Dijon, which I believe was a reduced figure from the previous year. Not sure why that might be, perhaps as there was some appearance-related thing in his deal and he obviously didn't play for them at all last season.
Not a great start for Celina! on 12:50 - Aug 9 with 367 viewsBarcaBlue

Turkey isn't the arse end of nowhere. Have you been? Maybe he didn't fancy weekends at the First Floor Club, Rumours and the Manor Ballroom.

His career is likely to be over in 10 years, much less maybe if he picked up a serious injury. There's also the possibility to earn enough Brexit points to get a decent move back to England if he fancied it. Chances are the reality is it was a considered decision and not made out of any kind of grreed.
Not a great start for Celina! on 17:41 - Aug 9 with 289 viewsbackinbeige

Not a great start for Celina! on 12:48 - Aug 9 by PhilTWTD

Dijon wanted a loan fee for him and then the clubs could go away and discuss a wage with Celina. I assume Celina and his people agreed to this as it would mean the wage would be more than his contracted figure at Dijon, which I believe was a reduced figure from the previous year. Not sure why that might be, perhaps as there was some appearance-related thing in his deal and he obviously didn't play for them at all last season.

So there was the (maybe unlikely) potential that he was simply getting back to parity from the previous year? Interesting.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Not a great start for Celina! on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 284 viewsbackinbeige

He's Kosovan and grew up in Norway, so I don't think either Suffolk or Turkey is going to cure his homesickness. If he was entirely motivated by that then him staying in Ipswich would like me taking a job in downtown Mexico City because I miss Brentwood. Most footballers live in their gated communities outside of the town anyway - the town is often irrelevant.

The honest answer is both motivations are valid. It's ok to choose a higher earning job, and it's ok to stay with your family or move somewhere based on lifestyle. It's entirely feasible for someone to also choose the money because of their family. These aren't the only two factors either; it doesn't have to be A because it's not B. It's not money OR family/lifestyle. There's many shades of grey, it's entirely his choice, and if he dared to choose the higher paying option then good luck to him.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024