Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis 09:35 - Aug 21 with 2347 viewsPMac13

Just watched the highlights and how nice was it that David had an assist for the second two goals, the 2nd especially was a great ball out to him and a great spot to see Chaplin unmarked in the middle, really starting to like the look of this kid and see why he cost what he did!

We really have a twin threat down both flanks now once Burns is back.
Davis on 09:44 - Aug 21 with 2282 viewsLeoMuff

KVY looked decent cover for Burns on the highlights.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Davis on 09:46 - Aug 21 with 2266 viewsDJR

Davis on 09:44 - Aug 21 by LeoMuff

I watched the whole game, and didn't think KVY put a foot wrong. He's obviously not quite as attacking as Burns, but he did his job, and it's good that he now seems to be back in the fold.
Davis on 09:46 - Aug 21 with 2275 viewsStokieBlue

I thought KVY looked a shadow of his former self, wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson getting the nod in the RWB position if Burn's needs a rest. KVY didn't seem to have much understanding with JD although that might just be time spent playing together.

Interesting how people see things differently! Am really hoping KVY can get back to his performance level of about 3 years ago though, that would be excellent.

SB
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 9:47]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Davis on 09:47 - Aug 21 with 2253 viewsDJR

Davis on 09:46 - Aug 21 by StokieBlue

I thought KVY looked a shadow of his former self, wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson getting the nod in the RWB position if Burn's needs a rest. KVY didn't seem to have much understanding with JD although that might just be time spent playing together.

Interesting how people see things differently! Am really hoping KVY can get back to his performance level of about 3 years ago though, that would be excellent.

SB

Ditto!
Davis on 10:05 - Aug 21 with 2151 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

SB

I agree with your second-to-last sentence as during the game I was thinking (and texted a mate) how good it was to see KVY playing well again. One moment that sticks in the mind was a fantastic ball curved into the box which JJ only just failed to get a touch on which would've made it 2-0 at the time. Don't forget KVY was the player brought down for the non-pen too, so should probably have a goal to his name as well.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Davis on 10:52 - Aug 21 with 1983 viewsjayessess

Davis on 10:05 - Aug 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

I agree with your second-to-last sentence as during the game I was thinking (and texted a mate) how good it was to see KVY playing well again. One moment that sticks in the mind was a fantastic ball curved into the box which JJ only just failed to get a touch on which would've made it 2-0 at the time. Don't forget KVY was the player brought down for the non-pen too, so should probably have a goal to his name as well.

KVY was out for so long that I sometimes think his Autumn 2019 appearances became mythologically good. Now when he just puts in capable performances as a good understudy, people are disappointed.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Davis on 11:08 - Aug 21 with 1944 viewsZapers

Davis on 10:52 - Aug 21 by jayessess

KVY was out for so long that I sometimes think his Autumn 2019 appearances became mythologically good. Now when he just puts in capable performances as a good understudy, people are disappointed.

I agree. Maybe in the team he was playing in at the time, with the quality of players alongside him, it just appeared to make him look better than he really is.

Hopefully he will continue to do a good job when called upon!
Davis on 11:33 - Aug 21 with 1860 viewsBarcaBlue

SB

Thought KVY had a good game, admittedly wasn't tested too much in defence but very unlucky not to score. Got up and down well. JD had a quieter game compared to his recent outings so maybe that's why the connection appeared not to be there.

Back to the OP, Davis looks a real gem. We're so strong now on both flanks, and with quality back-up.
Login to get fewer ads

Davis on 11:43 - Aug 21 with 1822 viewsjayessess

Davis on 11:08 - Aug 21 by Zapers

I agree. Maybe in the team he was playing in at the time, with the quality of players alongside him, it just appeared to make him look better than he really is.

Hopefully he will continue to do a good job when called upon!

Stats for yesterday, 1 chance created, 1 cross completed, 1 shot at goal, 91.7% pass completion. Add in that he was very close to an assist for TJJ and that he absolutely would've scored if he hadn't been hacked down illegally and that's a pretty good performance.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Davis on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 1825 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Davis on 11:33 - Aug 21 by BarcaBlue

Thought KVY had a good game, admittedly wasn't tested too much in defence but very unlucky not to score. Got up and down well. JD had a quieter game compared to his recent outings so maybe that's why the connection appeared not to be there.

Back to the OP, Davis looks a real gem. We're so strong now on both flanks, and with quality back-up.

To be honest I'm not too sold on Davis yet, but I'm sure he'll get there. A few too many misplaced passes for me still, but he's learning a new system and with new team mates.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Davis on 16:59 - Aug 21 with 1506 viewsPioneerBlue

For such a young lad he’s really adapting quickly, that’s the most pleasing thing. We’ve spent 1 million before and it’s taken years for players to deliver! He will likely have a decent ceiling, which is good for us now and for future resale.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Davis on 18:49 - Aug 21 with 1352 viewsBigCommon

Agree. And the pleasing thing is having Greg Leigh in there , too.. It looked at one point if Davis might have to come off injured. But having Leigh in reserve, certainly doesn't weaken the team, imo..
Regarding KVY. Thought he had a decent game on the right. Probably lacks some match sharpness. And the link up with JD and Chappers wasn't quite on the level of Burns. But that's a tough act to follow. If anything, I thought JD was the weak link going forward down the right yesterday. He's set high standards for himself. Not sure he quite hit those yesterday.. But I guess that ties in with KVY playing. And the telepathy that we see between JD and Burns, missing..
Can't say any of the three that came in, Burgess, KVY or TJJ, let us down though. All solid , for me.
Davis on 08:45 - Aug 22 with 1108 viewsCityBlue

and should have had a goal

I T I D

Davis on 08:54 - Aug 22 with 1073 viewsclive_baker

SB

I thought he looked a little rusty but that's to be expected given how little football he's played. He seemed to need that extra touch or extra second on the ball than those around him. Some one touch moves where he seemed to slow them down a little but that only comes with games. A bit like Davis against Bolton, and as I said about him you really need to give him 8 games or so to get his match sharpness up, not a luxury KVY will have I don't think. Thought he did well though to be fair, kept it simple, definitely seemed more naturally to gravitate towards defending than attacking but 1 or 2 dangerous runs forward. Obviously will be good to see Burns come back but a fit KVY is a nice option as cover.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024