Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance 3069 today 17:56 - Sep 3 with 3496 viewsDeepBlueSea

That really is poor. @Phil do you know how many were Town fans? You normally include that at the end of your match reports.
Attendance 3069 today on 19:33 - Sep 3 with 566 viewsSkip_Intro

Attendance 3069 today on 18:25 - Sep 3 by cbower

They are a small club consistently punching above their weight. Not a great attendance but plenty to admire about the club nevertheless.

you mean like their bellend of a chairman, their horrendous anti football tactics and their incessant whining about how hard done by they are after every game? Yep apart from that you've got to admire them haven't you...
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 19:35]
Attendance 3069 today on 19:33 - Sep 3 with 559 viewsbackwaywhen

Attendance 3069 today on 19:18 - Sep 3 by AlanG296

Been there done that many times as have thousands of away fans around the country. Never did us any harm.

Arghhh but Gillingham give you a poncho ….. amongst the scaffolding !
Attendance 3069 today on 19:36 - Sep 3 with 551 viewsnoggin

Attendance 3069 today on 19:18 - Sep 3 by AlanG296

Been there done that many times as have thousands of away fans around the country. Never did us any harm.

I got thrush once, after an away game at Scunthorpe. Just saying.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Attendance 3069 today on 20:58 - Sep 3 with 490 viewsEastTownBlue

Attendance 3069 today on 19:33 - Sep 3 by Skip_Intro

you mean like their bellend of a chairman, their horrendous anti football tactics and their incessant whining about how hard done by they are after every game? Yep apart from that you've got to admire them haven't you...
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 19:35]

Today was an poor spectacle which is a challenge I’m delighted that we managed to overcome. Other than being “anti football”, I’m not sure how Accrington could possibly compete with us without deploying such tactics ?

All I can say is expect many more matches like that as long as we are in this division.
Attendance 3069 today on 21:13 - Sep 3 with 444 viewsjontysnut

Attendance 3069 today on 18:25 - Sep 3 by cbower

They are a small club consistently punching above their weight. Not a great attendance but plenty to admire about the club nevertheless.

Absolutely. I get a bit fed up with big club v small club, your support is s**t etc. There are people who have been involved at the club for years working hard for nothing to keep them going. I've watched Accrington in non league. To compete with us on the pitch is fantastic. You might hate their football and personalities, but without clubs like Accrington we won't have the great and unpredictable league structure we all enjoy.
Attendance 3069 today on 21:23 - Sep 3 with 438 viewsLancsBlue

How is that "really poor"? Accrington has a population of 35,000. It is four miles from Blackburn and six miles from Burnley. It's also only 20 miles from Manchester. Given all that it's very hard for them to grow their support, which is only fractionally better than when they were non-league.

We have a fantastic pyramid system in England which means clubs end up where their football merits, and is not dictated by the size of the club. Long may that continue.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Attendance 3069 today on 21:54 - Sep 3 with 408 viewsMenton

1098 according to stadium announcement

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Attendance 3069 today on 21:57 - Sep 3 with 391 viewsEastTownBlue

Attendance 3069 today on 21:23 - Sep 3 by LancsBlue

How is that "really poor"? Accrington has a population of 35,000. It is four miles from Blackburn and six miles from Burnley. It's also only 20 miles from Manchester. Given all that it's very hard for them to grow their support, which is only fractionally better than when they were non-league.

We have a fantastic pyramid system in England which means clubs end up where their football merits, and is not dictated by the size of the club. Long may that continue.

Exactly that.

I’m sure that there are a number of clubs in League Two and even the National League with a significant support base who are envious of Accrington’s league status.
Login to get fewer ads

Attendance 3069 today on 23:10 - Sep 3 with 331 viewsmichaeldownunder

They cannot be that bad as a club, look at the players we have signed from them and paid good money for.

Did enjoy seeing another football match going on behind our game, now that's grass roots football.

Did anyone notice that both sets of players were laughing and joking at the end of the game, even though they had been kicking sh@t out of each other during it. I like that rather than the cr@p that goes on at the end of some games in the prem league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024