Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton 09:53 - Sep 12 with 1414 viewsmeekreech

Tell Brighton to keep away. We are going to be hassled by other clubs for our manager so please make sure he is securely tied down.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Brighton on 13:20 - Sep 12 with 1234 viewsSaigonTractor

Is there actually anything in this or is it just betting sites making their usual list?

I cannot see anyone making a serious move for McKenna until he's at least had one full season as manager.
Brighton on 13:24 - Sep 12 with 1202 viewsHighgateBlue

Brighton on 13:20 - Sep 12 by SaigonTractor

Is there actually anything in this or is it just betting sites making their usual list?

I cannot see anyone making a serious move for McKenna until he's at least had one full season as manager.

He's not even on the top ten for the SkyBet list. There will be plenty of occasions when we're worried he might leave, but I really can't see that this should be one of them.
Brighton on 13:25 - Sep 12 with 1198 viewsMediocre_Quick

Betting sites, but he's only on the list if someone actually put a bet on him to go, which is possible with our fanbase
Brighton on 13:26 - Sep 12 with 1180 viewsOldsmoker

I agree.
There were no odds on him to start with.
Some punter must have lumped on a tenner and so he gets given odds.
25/1 was what I heard which suggests the bookies don't see him as a serious contender.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Brighton on 13:54 - Sep 12 with 1057 viewsSonOfSpock

I dont really see what kind of project MCkenna would get if he moves on at the moment.

He has everything available at his disposal to enable him to progress, funds (they havent even turned the taps on properly yet), backroom setup and staff, fanbase etc.

He hasn't realised any potential (yet) and we will only see that at the end of the season.
Brighton on 14:02 - Sep 12 with 1017 viewsElderGrizzly

McKenna's ceiling is probably ultimately higher than ours, but I can't see Brighton taking a risk on a manager with about 30 games in L1 under his belt.
Brighton on 14:02 - Sep 12 with 1017 viewsPinewoodblue

KMc accepted thr Ipswich job as it was the right project for him, a chance to show what he could do. An opportunity, perhaps, to stake a claim for higher jobs in the future.

Brighton didn’t sack their manager they allowed him to move on and manage a team which will be looking to play in Europe every season. By going to Brighton he would be taking in somebody else’s project. Clearly that is not what he would look for.

We might be under pressure to keep him later in the season if a well established EPL club , at serious risk of relegation, sacked their manager.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brighton on 14:05 - Sep 12 with 1005 viewsParisBlue

Brighton on 13:54 - Sep 12 by SonOfSpock

I dont really see what kind of project MCkenna would get if he moves on at the moment.

He has everything available at his disposal to enable him to progress, funds (they havent even turned the taps on properly yet), backroom setup and staff, fanbase etc.

He hasn't realised any potential (yet) and we will only see that at the end of the season.

He really needs a promotion under his belt, hopefully that's a few months away. The fear then might be a year1 parachute team in the championship and how we compare at that point.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton on 14:18 - Sep 12 with 936 viewsSitfcB

It’s nothing and nothing.

He’s 25/1 on the betting.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Brighton on 15:03 - Sep 12 with 832 viewsITFC_Forever

We were approached by clubs in the summer and told them where to go.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024