Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away pub for Sheff Wed 00:18 - Sep 17 with 1345 viewsIpswichlove

Where will everyone be drinking at

Poll: Season ticket
Blog: The Next Three - Part Two

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 00:46 - Sep 17 with 1315 viewsevansblue

I can’t attend tomorrows game but last season we went to the Wetherspoons in town called Sheffield Water Works Company. Pretty decent, lots of ipswich in there. We then caught the tram to the ground which took about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 01:13 - Sep 17 with 1288 viewsjudespiveyg

Sadly not going to the game (wish I could be there but on a year abroad from my degree) but can give some advice from my experience.

Nottingham House on Whitham Road has some of the best pies you'll ever eat, although not that close to a tram stop.

The Red Deer just off West Street nearly always has Ghost Ship on tap (and if it doesn't it'll usually have Broadside). Near a tram stop. Not particularly cheap for Sheff.

The Harley on Glossop Road has really big screens for watching the football before and after the game. Not sure if its a Blades Pub or not though, might not take too kindly to loads in foreign colours. Right by a tram stop.

In terms of Spoons, Waterworks is probably your best option. Ben Huntsman's really near as well. Sheaf Island on Eccy Road is too far from the ground/trams. The Franny Newton on Clarkehouse Road will definitely be full of students most of the day as its move in weekend.

To be honest you can do a lot worse than the Howard opposite the train station.

The Cav on West Street is also an option if you're looking for more of a bar.

Plenty of options on West Street if you're looking for a bar for a post game night out. Molly's, Tiger Works, WSL and Bierkeller are particularly good. Be prepared for there to be a lot of uni students though.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 1:16]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 01:24 - Sep 17 with 1267 viewsWalkley_owl

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 01:13 - Sep 17 by judespiveyg

Sadly not going to the game (wish I could be there but on a year abroad from my degree) but can give some advice from my experience.

Nottingham House on Whitham Road has some of the best pies you'll ever eat, although not that close to a tram stop.

The Red Deer just off West Street nearly always has Ghost Ship on tap (and if it doesn't it'll usually have Broadside). Near a tram stop. Not particularly cheap for Sheff.

The Harley on Glossop Road has really big screens for watching the football before and after the game. Not sure if its a Blades Pub or not though, might not take too kindly to loads in foreign colours. Right by a tram stop.

In terms of Spoons, Waterworks is probably your best option. Ben Huntsman's really near as well. Sheaf Island on Eccy Road is too far from the ground/trams. The Franny Newton on Clarkehouse Road will definitely be full of students most of the day as its move in weekend.

To be honest you can do a lot worse than the Howard opposite the train station.

The Cav on West Street is also an option if you're looking for more of a bar.

Plenty of options on West Street if you're looking for a bar for a post game night out. Molly's, Tiger Works, WSL and Bierkeller are particularly good. Be prepared for there to be a lot of uni students though.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 1:16]

West St and Division St have numerous pubs and the tram is within easy reach.

I'd recommend Kelham Island to people, craft ales, some good places to eat and again near the tram, the area has been redeveloped and reborn in the last 5 years or so.

Safe travels
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 05:36 - Sep 17 with 1180 viewsNickITFC

Howard pub near the train station was heaving last year and it is where we will be heading
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 07:22 - Sep 17 with 1086 viewsChocorange

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 05:36 - Sep 17 by NickITFC

Howard pub near the train station was heaving last year and it is where we will be heading

Nearer the ground , the Railway on Penistone Road is about 10 minutes and away fans are welcome
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 08:45 - Sep 17 with 950 viewsjp_itfc

Went New Barrack Tavern last season and enjoyed it
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 09:38 - Sep 17 with 888 viewsSkip_Intro

There's an away pub run by Town fans not far from the ground...was posted on TWTD earlier in the week:

Town fans Tom and Ben Miller are inviting their fellow Blues to their unique bar and restaurant, Neepsend Social Club and Canteen, when they travel to Sheffield for Saturday’s game against Wednesday at Hillsborough.

The twin brothers opened the venue, which is at 92 Burton Road, Neepsend, Sheffield, S3 8DA, earlier this year.

“We have modelled ourselves on a 1970s social club,” Tom explained to TWTD. “We have a wide selection of beers and food as well as free darts and table football.

“We are around a half hour walk away from the stadium straight down Penistone Road.

“We’re open from midday on Saturday hopefully serving a good few Town fans and then we're off to the game ourselves and leaving the club in the safe hands of the staff.

“My brother Ben and I, as well as our dad, are avid Town fans up here on a northern outpost.”

Neepsend Social Club and Canteen can be found on Facebook, on Twitter, on TikTok and on Instagram, as well as their website.
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 09:58 - Sep 17 with 853 viewsstonojnr

No visit to Sheffield is complete without a visit to the Fat Cat, Kelham Island, Sheffield tap for starters
Login to get fewer ads

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 10:06 - Sep 17 with 831 viewsWalkley_owl

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 09:38 - Sep 17 by Skip_Intro

There's an away pub run by Town fans not far from the ground...was posted on TWTD earlier in the week:

Town fans Tom and Ben Miller are inviting their fellow Blues to their unique bar and restaurant, Neepsend Social Club and Canteen, when they travel to Sheffield for Saturday’s game against Wednesday at Hillsborough.

The twin brothers opened the venue, which is at 92 Burton Road, Neepsend, Sheffield, S3 8DA, earlier this year.

“We have modelled ourselves on a 1970s social club,” Tom explained to TWTD. “We have a wide selection of beers and food as well as free darts and table football.

“We are around a half hour walk away from the stadium straight down Penistone Road.

“We’re open from midday on Saturday hopefully serving a good few Town fans and then we're off to the game ourselves and leaving the club in the safe hands of the staff.

“My brother Ben and I, as well as our dad, are avid Town fans up here on a northern outpost.”

Neepsend Social Club and Canteen can be found on Facebook, on Twitter, on TikTok and on Instagram, as well as their website.

Not far? It's a good half hour walk
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 10:11 - Sep 17 with 811 viewsSkip_Intro

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 10:06 - Sep 17 by Walkley_owl

Not far? It's a good half hour walk

I know it says so in the post...
Away pub for Sheff Wed on 10:18 - Sep 17 with 798 viewsWalkley_owl

Away pub for Sheff Wed on 10:11 - Sep 17 by Skip_Intro

I know it says so in the post...

It looks a bit prison canteen inside but if you ignore that it's not bad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024