Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. 20:22 - Sep 17 with 1717 viewsMullet

I've not been to Hillsborough and seen such a petulant and entitled home crowd as today. Silent unless moaning and nearly getting the game abandoned with throwing stuff. Whichever way you cut it, they've dropped points at home and will know they're incredibly lucky not to have lost ground on us today.

Starting Jackson looked to be one for the "trust the process" lot and when the ref didn't give us a freekick the switch from rage to joy were marked. Wednesday could not cope with his threat at all and it looked like we were going to grip them and see out the game from the off.

Whether that's just our best opposition or our poorest performance in terms of game management is rather moot now. Conceding from a set piece and then a goal so far offside we should have had another free kick in their half is really galling.

We seem to moan about officials every week but this one went downhill quicker than a fat lad on a greased toboggan. No one seemed to know what he was going to or had given, nor when. Booking Davis for being grabbed and wrestled away from the ball was my pick.

Wednesday ran everything through Bannon so perhaps Morsy did a lot more off the ball than usual, but for once I didn't think our subs were right. Ladapo was fouled just as the ball skipped past him and off Iorfa for a comedy own goal. But when he did get through on goal his decision making was as plenty of others out there today.

You can see why Wednesday were so chuffed to be assisted back into the game today, they'll fancy themselves for 2nd after that and are as welcome to it as anyone else we will face this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:48 - Sep 17 with 1605 viewsMullet

Also the away end was very good again. Numbers and noise throughout.

The silence and anthem were impeccable, despite the bloke definitely singing "God Save the Queen" at least twice and "send her victorious" to my ears.

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:52 - Sep 17 with 1583 viewsFtnfwest

What was all this missile business mullers?
When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:54 - Sep 17 with 1569 viewsMullet

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:52 - Sep 17 by Ftnfwest

What was all this missile business mullers?

Chucking stuff at the lino/onto the pitch. Walton was not happy at all and rightly so. Second time this season he's been hit preusmably by the way he went over to the bench.

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:54 - Sep 17 with 1556 viewsRobTheMonk

I think they were better for the first and last quarter and we were better in the middle.

Officials were poor for both.

Bannan was quality.

We switched off when cruising at 2-0. Perhaps could of done with Dom Ball and going to a flat 3 in midfield with Morsy having licence to roam.

Would have taken a point before, but should have shut up shop at 2-0.
When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:58 - Sep 17 with 1514 viewsFtnfwest

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:54 - Sep 17 by Mullet

Chucking stuff at the lino/onto the pitch. Walton was not happy at all and rightly so. Second time this season he's been hit preusmably by the way he went over to the bench.

Relative success seems to make supporters gradually more objectionable- hope it doesn’t happen us! Would be surprised. With KmK I think the only criticism so far might be that he changes things and tinkers a little too much week by week. We’ve got the squad to do it but I think a bit more continuity would be better. Obviously one or two injuries but even so…
When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 08:41 - Sep 18 with 923 viewsMeadowlark

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:54 - Sep 17 by RobTheMonk

I think they were better for the first and last quarter and we were better in the middle.

Bannan was quality.

We switched off when cruising at 2-0. Perhaps could of done with Dom Ball and going to a flat 3 in midfield with Morsy having licence to roam.

"Could of" and "would have?"
Interesting.
When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 09:07 - Sep 18 with 797 viewsRobTheMonk

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 08:41 - Sep 18 by Meadowlark

"Could of" and "would have?"
Interesting.

Excuse the grammatical error after 'a few' beers.
When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 09:28 - Sep 18 with 703 viewsMullet

When you're so good a draw feels like a defeat. on 20:54 - Sep 17 by RobTheMonk

Bannan was quality.

I thought given we scored after 4 mins by blowing them apart we basically dominated for most of the 1st 70 mins. They couldn't find a way around us and when we did give them a sniff it was soon extinguished.

It was really the last 20 mins stopstart nature, the ref and linos losing their bottle and us following with it.

You could argue McKenna got a bit too clever and it unravelled, but also had those subs come off we'd be hailing him as light years ahead of the rest of the league. One of those days. It's irritating because we could have really put daylight between them and us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024