Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is our record for live televised games in a season 23:39 - Oct 19 with 1599 viewsClareBlue

We seem to be doing well so far this year for the live televised income but it would be interesting to know our record in a season
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 00:39 - Oct 20 with 1530 viewsIllinoisblue

Guessing we had a decent number in 2014-15

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 00:47 - Oct 20 with 1516 viewsMiaow

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 00:39 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Yes, we had a lot that season. I’d say up to 15.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 01:16 - Oct 20 with 1515 viewsClareBlue

That was only 8 years ago and I didn't think that at all. I even remember going to Dublin to watch pre season and plenty more, but up to 15 matches live on TV. I wouldn't have got that with 10 guesses.
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:00 - Oct 20 with 1302 viewsFullerFlavour

The most live games we have had in a single season is 16 in the 2001/02 season. Full list of live games is in this link (scroll down to ITFC live on TV):

https://thefullerflavour.wordpress.com/town-on-the-telly/
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:17 - Oct 20 with 1230 viewsclive_baker

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 00:39 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

And one of those was at home to Derby, lost 1-0. I remember Tommy Smith letting a long ball bounce, that was so annoying. Wasn't an evening game though, that was a Saturday lunch time.

Anyone remember a Tuesday night game against Derby at PR in the 90's. Won 1-0 thanks to a Chris Swailes header, he ran back rubbing his hands together as I think he had had a few quid on himself first goal scorer. TWTD.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:35 - Oct 20 with 1169 viewsIllinoisblue

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:17 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

And one of those was at home to Derby, lost 1-0. I remember Tommy Smith letting a long ball bounce, that was so annoying. Wasn't an evening game though, that was a Saturday lunch time.

Anyone remember a Tuesday night game against Derby at PR in the 90's. Won 1-0 thanks to a Chris Swailes header, he ran back rubbing his hands together as I think he had had a few quid on himself first goal scorer. TWTD.

I recall that Derby game; that was before ESPN+ and IFollow so had to subscribe to BeIn Sports to watch it. Think the money rubbing hands celebration was Tony Vaughn

62 - 78 - 81

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:40 - Oct 20 with 1145 viewsSteve_M

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:00 - Oct 20 by FullerFlavour

The most live games we have had in a single season is 16 in the 2001/02 season. Full list of live games is in this link (scroll down to ITFC live on TV):

https://thefullerflavour.wordpress.com/town-on-the-telly/

A couple of things really stand out from that list:

1). Just how rare TV football was for clubs outside of the top five or six prior to the Sky deal in 1992. We would probably have had a few more had we been in the old First Division but ITV wasn't interested in the whole match.

2). That our supposed TV issue really only runs from 2016, seasons when we all know we've not been very good for much of it. People get far too worked up by it to posit somewhat over the top negative views.

Good work on the book btw, nicely timed for Christmas.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:42 - Oct 20 with 1122 viewsclive_baker

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:35 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

I recall that Derby game; that was before ESPN+ and IFollow so had to subscribe to BeIn Sports to watch it. Think the money rubbing hands celebration was Tony Vaughn

You're right, I stand corrected it was Vaughn. Just found the highlights

Login to get fewer ads

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:25 - Oct 20 with 999 viewsCuttsy

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:42 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

For the record, Vaughan was gesturing at Milton sitting in the Directors Box as he'd bet him he'd score. I was sitting in Churchmans and as the corner came over, a man near me shouted "oh that's nice" as it arrowed onto Vaughan's head.

Also is that the worst penalty both in terms of decision and Sedgley's effort?

Lastly RIP Peter Brackley who is the commentator on the highlights. No idea who the summariser is - but he sounds like the most miserable man in Christendom.
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:35 - Oct 20 with 946 viewsclive_baker

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:25 - Oct 20 by Cuttsy

For the record, Vaughan was gesturing at Milton sitting in the Directors Box as he'd bet him he'd score. I was sitting in Churchmans and as the corner came over, a man near me shouted "oh that's nice" as it arrowed onto Vaughan's head.

Lastly RIP Peter Brackley who is the commentator on the highlights. No idea who the summariser is - but he sounds like the most miserable man in Christendom.

I was only 8 or so when this game took place, I remember being in the car on the way home and listening to the radio, them saying the celebration was because of a bet that had been won. Didn't know it was with Milts though.

Peter Brackley was great, he always reminds me of the early versions of Pro Evolution Soccer that I used to play as a kid. The summariser sounds a little like a young Barry Fry but I very much doubt it is, as you say definitely miserable.

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 924 viewsEdwardStone

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:25 - Oct 20 by Cuttsy

Is that co-commentator Arthur?

Olive's husband from On the Buses
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 924 viewsFullerFlavour

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:40 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

A couple of things really stand out from that list:

1). Just how rare TV football was for clubs outside of the top five or six prior to the Sky deal in 1992. We would probably have had a few more had we been in the old First Division but ITV wasn't interested in the whole match.

2). That our supposed TV issue really only runs from 2016, seasons when we all know we've not been very good for much of it. People get far too worked up by it to posit somewhat over the top negative views.

Good work on the book btw, nicely timed for Christmas.

Thank you, Steve. The book was finished in May and was expected to be out for the start of this season. That it is only came out on 12 September and in time for Christmas is down to the publisher's processes.

Our win record in live games is not far off 1 in 3 which is not too bad. 3 wins in the last 36 makes it look a lot worse too.

Going back to the 1980/81 season, it is criminal that none of our UEFA Cup ties were screened live, especially, the two-legged final. When I think of some of the players of that era who never played in a live game for us, it's unbelievable that their skills were not showcased in everyone's homes for such a great side.
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:43 - Oct 20 with 883 viewsSteve_M

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 10:42 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

Strange seeing the North stand sat down, although the stewards had to make a big effort back in those days.

That must have been during the Easter holidays from uni as I went to that one, and the subsequent home defeat to Reading that weekend.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:49 - Oct 20 with 860 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:35 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

I was only 8 or so when this game took place, I remember being in the car on the way home and listening to the radio, them saying the celebration was because of a bet that had been won. Didn't know it was with Milts though.

Peter Brackley was great, he always reminds me of the early versions of Pro Evolution Soccer that I used to play as a kid. The summariser sounds a little like a young Barry Fry but I very much doubt it is, as you say definitely miserable.

Yeh I really liked Brackley.

Wright was bad at crosses wasn't he.
What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:54 - Oct 20 with 821 viewsIllinoisblue

What is our record for live televised games in a season on 11:38 - Oct 20 by EdwardStone

Is that co-commentator Arthur?

Olive's husband from On the Buses

Jimmy Greaves

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024