Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. 07:25 - Nov 2 with 4870 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/02/benjamin-netanyahu-thanks-voters-a

"The Religious Zionists appear to be set for unprecedented success, with 13 or 14 seats, up from six in the 2021 vote. The surge in support for the right wing party might be the key to propelling Netanyahu to a third term as prime minister.

Ben-Gvir is a former follower of the banned Kach terrorist group, with a conviction for inciting racism. He has promised to support legislation that would alter the legal code, which could help Netanyahu evade a conviction in his corruption trial."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 15:40 - Nov 2 with 2095 viewsXYZ

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 15:36 - Nov 2 by DJR

In my view, extremely targeted use of Facebook by Trump/the Republicans was much more influential. Certain groups were even targeted with the wrong date for the election.

Similarly, on Brexit, it was the right-wing press, Farage, Johnson and Cummings that won it, not the Russians.

I speak as someone who despises both Trump and Brexit.

EDIT: This from Channel 4 gives an insight into some of what the Republicans were up to.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=channel+4+facebook+us+election&docid=60
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 15:43]

Oh, for sure, Bannon and Cambridge Analytica were working overtime on both.

Putin was doing his bit too though. His involvement is not a conspiracy theory.
Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 15:45 - Nov 2 with 2089 viewsDarth_Koont

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 09:40 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

People are quite rightly free to criticise the actions of the Israeli state. I just have in my previous thread.

Peter Tatchell sums it up perfectly.

No. He sums up his opinion. Which is a rather weak one in my own opinion.

There are many problems with the IHRA examples, not least that they deny Palestinians the right to describe their historic and ongoing racist oppression by the Israeli state.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/nov/29/palestinian-rights-and-the-ihra-def
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 15:46]

Pronouns: He/Him

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 16:11 - Nov 2 with 2052 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 12:41 - Nov 2 by BlueBadger

Is there a conspiracy theory out there that ISN'T rooted in antisemitism?

Sadly true. This sh1T is still being posted on social media. Of course they are only showing concern for the Palestinians and giving genuine criticism of Israel.

I'm sure someone will pipe up that to ban this hate speech would be shutting down the Israel/Palestine debate.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 16:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 16:24 - Nov 2 with 2050 viewsjeera

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 13:14 - Nov 2 by Swansea_Blue

At a guess, Flat Earth?

I got one.

I was told that no way man has been into space as we've still not even explored all of the ocean floor yet and that's on this planet.

It was along those lines.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 16:28 - Nov 2 with 2043 viewsBlueBadger

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 16:24 - Nov 2 by jeera

I got one.

I was told that no way man has been into space as we've still not even explored all of the ocean floor yet and that's on this planet.

It was along those lines.

This one took slightly more scrolling down the first page of Google answers I got, but yep, there's antisemitism lurking in that one too.

https://www.sensesofcinema.com/2020/the-shining-at-40/kubrick-paranoid-style-ant

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 17:38 - Nov 2 with 2010 viewsDJR

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 15:40 - Nov 2 by XYZ

Oh, for sure, Bannon and Cambridge Analytica were working overtime on both.

Putin was doing his bit too though. His involvement is not a conspiracy theory.

I didn't say Russia wasn't involved, I said its influence was greatly exaggerated and that's why it struck me as straying into conspiracy theory territory.
Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 17:44 - Nov 2 with 2005 viewsDJR

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 16:11 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

Sadly true. This sh1T is still being posted on social media. Of course they are only showing concern for the Palestinians and giving genuine criticism of Israel.

I'm sure someone will pipe up that to ban this hate speech would be shutting down the Israel/Palestine debate.

Someone like that needs to be tracked down and prosecuted. But how often does that actually happen?
Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 17:49 - Nov 2 with 1997 viewsfactual_blue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 12:30 - Nov 2 by DJR

Changing tack slightly, interesting to see the following rather nasty development relating to Sunak, which is not confined to Twitter, given the most highly rated comments on the Mail article about his climate change u-turn talk about his links to the World Economic Forum or describe him as a globalist puppet.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/01/sharp-rise-in-globalist-plot-cl

Along with recent comments on the Mail website which suggest he is not really English, it suggests the backlash against him (for not being one of us and so presumably not having our interests at heart) is real and substantial.

It is rather frightening. I remember talking to a neighbour a year or so ago who came up with all sorts of conspiracy theories, all of which seem to have their roots in the US. There are clearly an awful lot of such people, if the Mail is anything to go by.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 12:33]

'Conspiracy theory: how idiots get to feel like intellectuals.'

D.Baddiel

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 17:54 - Nov 2 with 1996 viewsfactual_blue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 13:14 - Nov 2 by Swansea_Blue

At a guess, Flat Earth?

All science is controlled by the Jews.

There you are. By substituting different nouns in that sentence, the Jews are responsible for anything and everything.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 18:28 - Nov 2 with 1982 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 09:40 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

People are quite rightly free to criticise the actions of the Israeli state. I just have in my previous thread.

Peter Tatchell sums it up perfectly.

On IHRA definitions, alternatives and whether anti Zionism is antisemitism.
https://jewishunpacked.com/is-anti-zionism-the-same-as-antisemitism/

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 18:33 - Nov 2 with 1974 viewsfactual_blue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 09:38 - Nov 2 by DJR

Agreed. Sadly, debate on the actions of the state of Israel in this country has largely been closed down.

In addition, a far-right element in the Government will pass largely without mention, when the same in, say, Italy led to acres of coverage.

Interesting to note the position in the US among the Jewish community.

https://www.ijn.com/more-american-jews-critical-of-israel/

Say something critical of Israel's behaviour on here, and you're likely to be called a Jew hater.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:00 - Nov 2 with 1934 viewsDarth_Koont

Of course that’s a disgusting thing to say.

But clearing the Palestinians out is currently happening. However it’s sanitised and explained away as Israeli self-determination.

On a related note, there’s a reason why the biggest fans of IHRA tend also to be the most rabidly pro-Israel. It helps justify the oppression.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:10 - Nov 2 with 1917 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Interesting that on a thread about a racist, terrorist Zionost shortly to be part of the Israeli government that you find a tweet like this by some random nobody on twitter.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 1879 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:10 - Nov 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Interesting that on a thread about a racist, terrorist Zionost shortly to be part of the Israeli government that you find a tweet like this by some random nobody on twitter.

My post was a reply to BlueBadger who was discussing antisemitism. It’s one of thousands of examples on social media that can be viewed everyday. This person isn’t just a nobody. He’s a racist who has been emboldened by relentless anti Jewish sentiment that is being normalised. People like a Kanye West has brought thousands more out of the woodwork.

I had already roundly condemned the terrorist Zionist in my first reply to this three.

“Netanyahu is about to form a coalition with the far right Religious Zionism party that is defined by racism, Jewish supremacy and opposition to LGBTQ rights, which is lead by a former member of a banned terrorist group.

He [banksy]is quite correct in raising his concerns”.

Interesting that you highlight one of my posts but completely ignore the other.

Iron Lion Zion

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:49 - Nov 2 with 1880 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:43 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

My post was a reply to BlueBadger who was discussing antisemitism. It’s one of thousands of examples on social media that can be viewed everyday. This person isn’t just a nobody. He’s a racist who has been emboldened by relentless anti Jewish sentiment that is being normalised. People like a Kanye West has brought thousands more out of the woodwork.

I had already roundly condemned the terrorist Zionist in my first reply to this three.

“Netanyahu is about to form a coalition with the far right Religious Zionism party that is defined by racism, Jewish supremacy and opposition to LGBTQ rights, which is lead by a former member of a banned terrorist group.

He [banksy]is quite correct in raising his concerns”.

Interesting that you highlight one of my posts but completely ignore the other.

Any thoughts on the conflation of anti Zionisn with antisemitism ¹now that you are officially back?

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:53 - Nov 2 with 1861 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 18:33 - Nov 2 by factual_blue

Say something critical of Israel's behaviour on here, and you're likely to be called a Jew hater.

Iron Lion Zion

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:54 - Nov 2 with 1856 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:49 - Nov 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Any thoughts on the conflation of anti Zionisn with antisemitism ¹now that you are officially back?

Ah. I see old smolker was correct. You were looking for a reaction.

Sorry Banksy. Not indulging you.

Iron Lion Zion

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 08:14 - Nov 3 with 1769 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 20:54 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

Ah. I see old smolker was correct. You were looking for a reaction.

Sorry Banksy. Not indulging you.

Thanks, I have my answer. Messy isn't it as the link about alternative definitions illustrates.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 09:14 - Nov 3 with 1752 viewsDarth_Koont

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 08:14 - Nov 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks, I have my answer. Messy isn't it as the link about alternative definitions illustrates.

Of course he ignored it. It’s a very damning link if you’re trying to push a narrative around the IHRA as some faultless anti-racism tool or Jewish opinion as some monolithic block.

The difference between the JDA and the IHRA is that one of them recognises the lived experience and reality of the Palestinians and doesn’t want the legitimate fight against antisemitism to be used as cover for the continued oppression of another people.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 11:53 - Nov 3 with 1723 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 09:14 - Nov 3 by Darth_Koont

Of course he ignored it. It’s a very damning link if you’re trying to push a narrative around the IHRA as some faultless anti-racism tool or Jewish opinion as some monolithic block.

The difference between the JDA and the IHRA is that one of them recognises the lived experience and reality of the Palestinians and doesn’t want the legitimate fight against antisemitism to be used as cover for the continued oppression of another people.

Perhaps he'll have another try.
...or maybe Badger will pick up the baton.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 11:54]

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 11:53 - Nov 3 with 1723 viewsDJR

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 18:33 - Nov 2 by factual_blue

Or if you're Jewish (like Bernie Sanders and a mild-mannered person I know well) you can be called both an antisemite and a self-hating Jew merely because of your position on Israel.

Indeed, the person I know even had her Jewish identity questioned, even though both her parents and her husband are Jewish and her ancestors fled pogroms.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 11:57]
Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 12:15 - Nov 3 with 1680 viewsDarth_Koont

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 11:53 - Nov 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps he'll have another try.
...or maybe Badger will pick up the baton.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 11:54]

In the weaponisation of antisemitism, it’s the clueless weapons that provide the firepower.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 17:35 - Nov 3 with 1597 viewsClapham_Junction

The sad thing is that one of the reasons Netanyahu won a majority is the refusal of anti-Netanyahu parties (particularly the Labor Party and one of the Arab parties) to ally with like-minded parties. A smaller left wing party and the Arab party referenced narrowly failed to cross the election threshold - had they run in alliances with larger parties (and assuming all their votes went to the alliances) it would have denied Netanyahu a majority of seats.

Around 51% of voters voted for anti-Netanyahu parties.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 17:39]
Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 19:15 - Nov 3 with 1557 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 17:35 - Nov 3 by Clapham_Junction

The sad thing is that one of the reasons Netanyahu won a majority is the refusal of anti-Netanyahu parties (particularly the Labor Party and one of the Arab parties) to ally with like-minded parties. A smaller left wing party and the Arab party referenced narrowly failed to cross the election threshold - had they run in alliances with larger parties (and assuming all their votes went to the alliances) it would have denied Netanyahu a majority of seats.

Around 51% of voters voted for anti-Netanyahu parties.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 17:39]

The current entrenched binary nature of politics globally is quite something. Same percentages as in Brazil but a very different outcome.

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 19:42 - Nov 3 with 1538 viewsClapham_Junction

Hooray for the racist Religious Zionists. on 19:15 - Nov 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

The current entrenched binary nature of politics globally is quite something. Same percentages as in Brazil but a very different outcome.

I think the anti-Netanyahu block is significantly bigger than 51%; elections are this close because turnout is low among Arab voters and very high among the ultra-orthodox, who are basically instructed to vote for the pro-Netanyahu religious parties by their rabbis.

It's a very Trumpist unholy alliance between the religious parties and Likud who are so corrupt that they make the Tories look clean.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024