Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wes Burns 18:08 - Nov 18 with 2192 viewsMenton

I had a physio session this afternoon. The physio worked at Lincoln City until recently. We were chatting about football and ITFC. He told me that Wes Burns did a medical at Lincoln in the Summer of 2021. He passed the medical, agreed to sign but then got contacted by Town, who trebled his wages and we signed him the following day.

Lincoln had apparently made him their number one target for that Summer and the club were really annoyed about it.

Not sure if that was documented at the time. Enjoyed a bit of gos though.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Wes Burns on 18:25 - Nov 18 with 2062 viewsSwansea_Blue

Client confidentiality not a thing then 🤣.

The only physio story I have is that the teams have signals to fake injuries if they need to slow things down. Not surprising in itself when you see some ‘injury’ breaks, but surprising it’s a known thing and nothing is done about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wes Burns on 18:55 - Nov 18 with 1945 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, this is utter horsesh1t.

Physios are bound by the same rules regarding client confidentiality as everyone else in healthcare is, regardless of where they work.

Reporting this as abuse as, on the off chance it isn't made up, you could potentially get someone into a lot of trouble and should probably be pulled on that basis.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 18:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wes Burns on 19:12 - Nov 18 with 1876 viewstractordownsouth

Even leaving aside the confidentiality issues, Burns was probably one of the lowest earners of the 2021 summer signings, so I find it hard to believe that he’d have accepted a contract 1/3 of the size at Lincoln. He’d have been on more at Fleetwood.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Wes Burns on 20:05 - Nov 18 with 1659 viewsLeoMuff

If true he may want to change his agent, why accept a contract end of May early June time ? Unless you think it’s the very best possible offer.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Wes Burns on 20:48 - Nov 18 with 1516 viewsMenton

Wes Burns on 18:55 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Physios are bound by the same rules regarding client confidentiality as everyone else in healthcare is, regardless of where they work.

Reporting this as abuse as, on the off chance it isn't made up, you could potentially get someone into a lot of trouble and should probably be pulled on that basis.

This chap didn’t do the medical, I’m pretty sure the club doctor does those, so I don’t think any patient confidentiality would be broken. Simply a club employee, giving a bit of (obviously widely available) info, 2 years later.

I have no way of knowing whether it is true a lot not and, frankly, it doesn’t really matter, but I would be astonished if it wasn’t.

Report as abuse? What a divvy.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Wes Burns on 21:01 - Nov 18 with 1452 viewsitfcjoe

Wes Burns on 18:55 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

'A player having a medical' is hardly info that breaks client confidentiality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024