Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? 12:19 - Nov 29 with 1999 viewsTalkingBlues

Out of all the loan players, I imagine Matt Penney is the only one that could realistically be returning to the fold any time soon, his loan is up in January and if the new Leigh injury is anything but straightforward, we'll need the cover. El Miz and Harper are on season long loans and seem unlikely to come back for bench warming duties. Pigott must wish he'd never joined, form has gone completely, but seeing as we need front men, he could be recalled, seems very unlikely though.

We've been linked with Morgan Whittaker and Evan Ferguson, the former would be a nice one to get in even if it's purely to dent Plymouths run and Evan Ferguson looks like a bright prospect.

I reckon we need 2 forwards and 2 midfielders straight away, I really have no idea who exactly will be around in January, certainly where prem players are concerned, but I don't suppose there'll be a shortage of market options via loans, or permanent deals etc etc. Personally, I think we HAVE to get a forward who can score headers and I reckon we'd be in a considerably better position if we had secured this from the get go, how many goals would an Alan Lee type of player scored for us this season? Lots I imagine. It would make sense for a mixed approach in the window, to nab some youngsters on loan that avoid taking up a squad allocation and also some permanent deals for older heads seen as longer term requirements.

Who's leaving? Well, I think a better question is, do we have anyone that we can actually afford to lose currently, or anyone who is fit and saleable? Honestly, had we not seen so many injuries, I reckon Edwards could have been making way in January, was getting virtually no minutes in the league and just doesn't seem to be hitting the right notes for a McKenna team, but now I'm not so sure.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 12:59 - Nov 29 with 1900 viewsBigCommon

I'd be looking for reliable cover /rotation for Davis and a solid midfielder.. A lot depends on , Aluko, Evans, Camara situations by January...
I get the impression, that all those mentioned out on loan, have been given a chance here under KM, and aren't up to it. So I'd be surprised if any were specifically recalled. Unless there is no more funding for the season..
You'd like to think, that with Ball's freak injury, those in high places would be sympathetic towards KM and give him some lea way in the window.
I'm ok with our forwards, if Gas stays fit. Although, something that niggles me, is that, we haven't seen Ladapo, for a 20 min cameo in either of our cup matches recently. I hope there's no slight injury there. I was expecting KM to keep him "warm", and give him a few minutes.?
What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:09 - Nov 29 with 1850 viewsandytown

Pigott can't be recalled. Pompey made sure it was the whole season as far as I remember.
What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 1845 viewsBlueandTruesince82

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 12:59 - Nov 29 by BigCommon

I'd be looking for reliable cover /rotation for Davis and a solid midfielder.. A lot depends on , Aluko, Evans, Camara situations by January...
I get the impression, that all those mentioned out on loan, have been given a chance here under KM, and aren't up to it. So I'd be surprised if any were specifically recalled. Unless there is no more funding for the season..
You'd like to think, that with Ball's freak injury, those in high places would be sympathetic towards KM and give him some lea way in the window.
I'm ok with our forwards, if Gas stays fit. Although, something that niggles me, is that, we haven't seen Ladapo, for a 20 min cameo in either of our cup matches recently. I hope there's no slight injury there. I was expecting KM to keep him "warm", and give him a few minutes.?

Bringing another LWB in would be incredibly harsh on Greg Leigh, he's been class every time he has played. Injury was unfortunate but his pace is electric and does the tough defending too.

CMF for Ball makes sense, otherwise I don't think we need much at all

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:23 - Nov 29 with 1795 viewsTalkingBlues

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 12:59 - Nov 29 by BigCommon

I think Ladapo felt some "muscle tightness" in a pre-match warm up and hasn't been seen since, so maybe that was a little more serious than first thought?

I think the problem the likes of Camara, Aluko, Evans et al have got, is that our style of play is extremely high tempo from the first whistle, to the final whistle, so there's not much chance of playing yourself in slowly after an injury and maybe some of these guys (Camara, Leigh spring to mind) are stretching themselves too hard, too fast, on their return to games?

Ahadme I still have no clue about, got in the right position for his goal which was good to see, but looked off the pace (as you'd excpect) so no idea if he will be an asset, or not later in the campaign.

I think we need to get some proven players in the door in January and a couple of younger ones with potential. 4 or 5 signings needed IMO, to ensure enough cover to allow the longer term injuries to re-integrate at a sensible speed.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:24 - Nov 29 with 1787 viewsTalkingBlues

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:09 - Nov 29 by andytown

Pigott can't be recalled. Pompey made sure it was the whole season as far as I remember.

Didn't know that, but he's not even getting games for them is he? He would have been top of my list for players definitely not being recalled.

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:26 - Nov 29 with 1775 viewsTalkingBlues

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:10 - Nov 29 by BlueandTruesince82

Bringing another LWB in would be incredibly harsh on Greg Leigh, he's been class every time he has played. Injury was unfortunate but his pace is electric and does the tough defending too.

Leigh is great, but if he's injured, we need cover and Penney is available and has loads of minutes under his belt, so it makes sense, obviously we'd prefer Leigh to recover swiftly.

I'm surprised that you don't think we need much else, our forward options seem very limited currently wouldn't you say?

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:31 - Nov 29 with 1756 viewsBigCommon

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 13:10 - Nov 29 by BlueandTruesince82

Don't get me wrong. I really like Greg Leigh. I'm just concerned as to whether we can rely on him to be fit for the remainder of the season. Davis won't last the whole season at his optimum output. Even if he doesn't suffer an injury, I feel that his level of performance might drop a bit, through sheer fatigue.... Thing is, we get one bite at the cherry during January to bolster the squad. If we gamble that Leigh will be 100% for the remainder of the season, and he breaks down again in Feb'. That's going to put a hell of a lot onto Davis.. We've already seen him in low key cup matches, that, I'm sure KM would have preferred to rest him in.. He's become a key player, imo. Evident by his assists and set piece delivery..
Not trying to chuck Leigh out, I think he's great, when fit. But I think sentiment has to be pushed aside, slightly, when promotion is at stake.
These squad injuries are a nightmare. And we know that KM likes a smallish, tight squad. So I'm not truly expecting loads of incomings. But, if asked the question, "what positions would I reinforce?".. I'd try to protect Davis a bit, and bolster the MF..
What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 14:06 - Nov 29 with 1688 viewsipswichtillidie

A couple of no 10s probably (2) of them and or a striker. A CM and a Right sided player also possible.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 14:07]

Gav

Login to get fewer ads

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 15:21 - Nov 29 with 1510 viewsC_Jam_Blue

A tough transfer window for the recruitment team. We need to balance covering for longer-term injuries with not saddling ourselves with players that will not get a look in once the injury situation subsides, players that could play at a higher level. Long-term vs short term considerations. Also, I am sure clubs will be looking to get hefty fees from us and play hardball so we may not see some key incomings unto the end of the window.

Biggest priority for me is central midfield. Only 2 fit players currently with 2 players (Evans and Camara) with poor recent injury records.

It feels like we need a striker to convert some of the many chances we create but with Ladapo finding some form recently and Ahadme now in the team, they have a month to prove they have the firepower we need.

We do need a No.10 quite urgently with TJJ and Harness both out. But it is an area when at full strength we are pretty strong so any incomers would need to be very high quality to keep their place in the squad once at full strength.

Given how important they are to the team, some cover for Leigh/David/Edwards could be prudent.
What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 17:00 - Nov 29 with 1337 viewsFrimleyBlue

Will Keane
Danny Drinkwater
Wiemann

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 21:28 - Nov 29 with 1191 viewsmarchy

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 17:00 - Nov 29 by FrimleyBlue

Will Keane
Danny Drinkwater
Wiemann

Why've you got such a bonk on about Danny Drinkwater? Should we perhaps not focus our injury-driven need to strengthen on players who've been playing some football?
What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 22:00 - Nov 29 with 1117 viewsLeoMuff

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 14:06 - Nov 29 by ipswichtillidie

A couple of no 10s probably (2) of them and or a striker. A CM and a Right sided player also possible.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 14:07]

Cameron Brannagan, one no10 on loan and a striker, ideally Morgan Whittaker to annoy Plymouth . Chirewa looks like he could back up if required

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 22:26 - Nov 29 with 1060 viewsFrimleyBlue

What do we want/need in January and is anybody leaving? on 21:28 - Nov 29 by marchy

Why've you got such a bonk on about Danny Drinkwater? Should we perhaps not focus our injury-driven need to strengthen on players who've been playing some football?

Well the other 2 I mentioned have been.

Drinkwaters a freebie. And would do a job in the champ so imo a worthy potential signing in Jan.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024