Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. 14:25 - Dec 3 with 1515 viewsessexpaul64

We got away with last nights result.
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:32 - Dec 3 with 1465 viewsWestSussexBlue

I can honestly say I would have been surprised to see Wednesday get 3 points at Derby.
Yes we dropped 2 points but there’s nothing we got away with. In fact we keep the arm’s length to Wednesday and gained ground albeit a point on Plymouth.
Now let’s go and smash Peterborough and put down a marker… on 14:36 - Dec 3 with 1437 viewsunstableblue

… time to get some energy into the performances

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:44 - Dec 3 with 1385 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Plymouth fans will be saying they got away with a very poor result.

Wednesday fans will be torn between it being a missed opportunity and a point at Derby being a decent result.

We are still second. Roll on May and us being second or top. That is when it ultimately matters.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:48 - Dec 3 with 1358 viewsChorleyBoy

Not really. We dropped points because we were at home playing a side we'd expect to finish well above. We'll get away with it if Fleetwood pick up points points when playing away at clubs like Plymouth, Wednesday, Barnsley and Bolton.
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:52 - Dec 3 with 1331 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:48 - Dec 3 by ChorleyBoy

Not really. We dropped points because we were at home playing a side we'd expect to finish well above. We'll get away with it if Fleetwood pick up points points when playing away at clubs like Plymouth, Wednesday, Barnsley and Bolton.

Or maybe if Port Vale beat Plymouth at home but not us. It really isn't as simple as which team we get the points against.

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:53 - Dec 3 with 1316 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:32 - Dec 3 by WestSussexBlue

I can honestly say I would have been surprised to see Wednesday get 3 points at Derby.
Yes we dropped 2 points but there’s nothing we got away with. In fact we keep the arm’s length to Wednesday and gained ground albeit a point on Plymouth.

I think we all know one team around or below the play-offs will go on a huge winning streak later this season, if we keep missing opportunities to create a massive buffer we will pay the price.
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 15:00 - Dec 3 with 1276 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:53 - Dec 3 by C_Jam_Blue

I think we all know one team around or below the play-offs will go on a huge winning streak later this season, if we keep missing opportunities to create a massive buffer we will pay the price.

How much is a massive buffer to teams around or below the play-offs?

We are currently 12 points ahead of 7th. That is 4 wins AND 4 defeats for us at the same time (or 6 wins compared to 6 draws) for them to catch us. We have lost 2 matches so far.

We need to continue to do as well as we have been doing but the idea that we are not doing enough currently is bizarre.

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 16:28 - Dec 3 with 1051 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 15:00 - Dec 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

How much is a massive buffer to teams around or below the play-offs?

We are currently 12 points ahead of 7th. That is 4 wins AND 4 defeats for us at the same time (or 6 wins compared to 6 draws) for them to catch us. We have lost 2 matches so far.

We need to continue to do as well as we have been doing but the idea that we are not doing enough currently is bizarre.

I'm thinking more about buffer to top 2. I really do not want to go through the play-offs experience again.

Over the last 4 games Barnsley have made up 6 points on us and Sheff Wed have made up 4 pts. If we keep shipping late goals that 3 way contest for automatic could easily become a 4 or 5horse race.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 16:34 - Dec 3 with 1038 viewsbackwaywhen

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:53 - Dec 3 by C_Jam_Blue

So will our rivals , we are all thinking the same and mulling over different scenarios ……. It is league campaign that is repeated every season in every league in the world if and buts and maybes.
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 16:59 - Dec 3 with 999 viewsJDB23

We’ve only really got away with it if the season ended now. Over 46 games it’s still 2 dropped points that could be costly. Some tough games coming up that could end up making us feel those lost points even more.
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 17:59 - Dec 3 with 913 viewsWestSussexBlue

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 16:59 - Dec 3 by JDB23

We’ve only really got away with it if the season ended now. Over 46 games it’s still 2 dropped points that could be costly. Some tough games coming up that could end up making us feel those lost points even more.

Tough games perhaps but we were looking at Lincoln Cheltenham and Fleetwood as home bankers.
I’m confident we’ll pick up enough points through December to stay at the sharp end.
Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 22:07 - Dec 3 with 784 viewsChorleyBoy

Derby V Sheffield Wednesday ends 0-0. on 14:52 - Dec 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or maybe if Port Vale beat Plymouth at home but not us. It really isn't as simple as which team we get the points against.

Obviously. It's a 9 month league campaign but I don't think it's too controversial to think that in a season where we are among the favourites for promotion a draw at home to a lower mid-table club is two points dropped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024