Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! 05:22 - Dec 4 with 3585 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Went to Morrisons today to get some eggs as they sell 6 free range ones for 55p which in my opinion is an absolute bargain but as pe bloody usual they had none in stock. Anyway, I went to another shop in town (I don't want to say the name of the shop for fear of reprisals) and the only eggs they had in stock were those cruel eggs from battery hens (NOT free range).

My question is if you were desperate for an egg and the only ones you could buy were the cruel ones (made by chickens in cages) would you buy them? Personally I would but hey ho we are all free to do what we want (within the law)

Edit: I meant I went to Morrisons yesterday (Saturday)
[Post edited 4 Dec 2022 5:29]
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:52 - Dec 4 with 815 viewsjaykay

that is a bargain
https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=egg&showOOS=true

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:59 - Dec 4 with 799 viewscinnamonITFC

Surely all a bit odd to advertise as free range at the minute, as don’t they all have to be inside due to Bird Flu?

Eggs is probably the only thing we try and buy organic if possible. Though appreciate current climate might make that difficult for some/many.
Don’t really care about the pesticides/herbicides, but makes a really surprisingly significant difference to the amount of space they have. Free range can be quite poor ethically really (but much better than caged!!).
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 12:01 - Dec 4 with 788 viewsJ2BLUE

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:52 - Dec 4 by jaykay

that is a bargain
https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=egg&showOOS=true

Not that I believe this nonsense, but Morrisons actually sell eggs individually in the fruit and veg section (I don't know...) so it's not completely out of the question the OP could be getting confused about the quantity or they are selling them as some sort of loss leader/promotion for that price.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 12:23 - Dec 4 with 756 viewseireblue

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:51 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is there are reason you can't see inside the box?

That’s a bit too sophisticated, meathead is the sort that needs to challenge himself or be lost to fear.

But yes, there is a reason, it keeps things hidden from egg reprisalists!
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 13:06 - Dec 4 with 718 viewsChondzoresk

Wasn’t there a roundabout at Bungay that was known as chicken roundabout? Plenty of eggs there I reckon…..if they still exist of course.
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 646 viewsjonbull88

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:59 - Dec 4 by cinnamonITFC

Surely all a bit odd to advertise as free range at the minute, as don’t they all have to be inside due to Bird Flu?

Eggs is probably the only thing we try and buy organic if possible. Though appreciate current climate might make that difficult for some/many.
Don’t really care about the pesticides/herbicides, but makes a really surprisingly significant difference to the amount of space they have. Free range can be quite poor ethically really (but much better than caged!!).

A chicken can still be classed as free range despite current restrictions. Also, provided the outside run is covered and is netted around the sides they can still roam outdoors.
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 19:38 - Dec 4 with 636 viewsjeera

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 19:25 - Dec 4 by jonbull88

A chicken can still be classed as free range despite current restrictions. Also, provided the outside run is covered and is netted around the sides they can still roam outdoors.

There was some talk of the turkey situation on the radio this week and a breeder was saying those are still considered free-range if they have spent X amount of their lives outside.

So despite the current situation where they need to be inside they will still be labelled as free range for that reason.

I assume the same applies to other poultry/eggs etc, but I don't know for sure.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 19:59 - Dec 4 with 632 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Egg alert Malcolm.
Morrisons in Diss today had eggs, eggs of all shapes and sizes, a veritable egg fest of eggs. Free range eggs £1.99 for a dozen, half dozen boxes of eggs at £1.25 stacked a dozen boxes high. Non for 55p though. Some nice looking duck eggs too.
I’ll be having eggs for breakfast tomorrow morning. Might even have a couple poached after the football.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 21:15 - Dec 4 with 591 viewsJ2BLUE

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:59 - Dec 4 by cinnamonITFC

Have a look at Clarence Court eggs.

Truly free range and no beak trimming.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 21:21 - Dec 4 with 583 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is that the correct price you are advertising for the supermarket you do name? I thought they were 20 p each.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024