Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted 22:02 - Dec 10 with 985 viewsleftback

I would have been more gutted had town lost and England won tho
Gutted on 22:10 - Dec 10 with 955 viewsSimonds92

Dont get that. Much rather England won, we have a number of games to put it right and in a weeks time. We now have to wait 4 years to achieve anything with England. A number of those players will never get the opportunity.
Gutted on 23:12 - Dec 10 with 886 viewsnorfsufblue

Gutted on 22:10 - Dec 10 by Simonds92

Dont get that. Much rather England won, we have a number of games to put it right and in a weeks time. We now have to wait 4 years to achieve anything with England. A number of those players will never get the opportunity.

I been sitting here very quiet since the end of the England game and think I have come to realise ...yes I love Town and love seeing them succeed but my opportunities to celebrate an England success reduce year on year... Im 60+ now and will maybe see another 4 or 5 world cups if I'm very lucky means English eliminations are becoming harder to take.... the younger among you may change your minds on ipswich vEngland as you grow older ... no I was alive in 66 but at 5yo really can't remember it as a success. I crave for the chance to celebrate with all my fellow English football fans!
Gutted on 23:31 - Dec 10 with 849 viewsSimonds92

Gutted on 23:12 - Dec 10 by norfsufblue

I been sitting here very quiet since the end of the England game and think I have come to realise ...yes I love Town and love seeing them succeed but my opportunities to celebrate an England success reduce year on year... Im 60+ now and will maybe see another 4 or 5 world cups if I'm very lucky means English eliminations are becoming harder to take.... the younger among you may change your minds on ipswich vEngland as you grow older ... no I was alive in 66 but at 5yo really can't remember it as a success. I crave for the chance to celebrate with all my fellow English football fans!

This is it. I'd love for us to be a success but other than winning the Premier League i can't believe that the euphoria would be anything like England winning the world cup and the whole country being united in celebration and delirium.
Gutted on 23:44 - Dec 10 with 821 viewsclive_baker

I’m the same. ST holder and lifelong Town fan who genuinely lets our results on a Saturday dictate my mood for the weekend, which is a bit embarrassing but true. I still would’ve picked England if someone said I could have 1 result go my way today though. Town would have other opportunities to put it right and pick up win in the near future, but it felt like an England win tonight would’ve given us a great shot at winning the World Cup which I dare say nobody under the age of 60 can claim to have seen / remembered.

Still, we’re a very good international side right now and shouldn’t let the result dictate the narrative. France are arguably the best in the world and we went toe to toe with them. England are in a good spot but as others have said it’s so damn hard to actually win a World Cup, and opportunities to do so are so few and far between.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gutted on 00:07 - Dec 11 with 761 viewsXYZ

Gutted on 23:44 - Dec 10 by clive_baker

I’m the same. ST holder and lifelong Town fan who genuinely lets our results on a Saturday dictate my mood for the weekend, which is a bit embarrassing but true. I still would’ve picked England if someone said I could have 1 result go my way today though. Town would have other opportunities to put it right and pick up win in the near future, but it felt like an England win tonight would’ve given us a great shot at winning the World Cup which I dare say nobody under the age of 60 can claim to have seen / remembered.

Still, we’re a very good international side right now and shouldn’t let the result dictate the narrative. France are arguably the best in the world and we went toe to toe with them. England are in a good spot but as others have said it’s so damn hard to actually win a World Cup, and opportunities to do so are so few and far between.

Fine margins decide a game.

Kane scores the pen and all conclusions change?

Sometimes it's the flip of a coin.

Bring on the next time.
Gutted on 00:52 - Dec 11 with 714 viewsquirkie

Actually only got 18 months until Germany 2024 and 42 months until the next World Cup.

It'll be the same result though in both of those tournaments as I fully expect Southgate to be in charge for both.

End of the day, we all forget about international football between tournaments and hate the international breaks.

I would however love to think Ipswich are in the Championship in 2024 and can I dream a season in the Premier league in 2026 a quarter of a century since we were last there.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 0:54]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Gutted on 00:54 - Dec 11 with 708 viewsclive_baker

Gutted on 00:52 - Dec 11 by quirkie

Actually only got 18 months until Germany 2024 and 42 months until the next World Cup.

It'll be the same result though in both of those tournaments as I fully expect Southgate to be in charge for both.

End of the day, we all forget about international football between tournaments and hate the international breaks.

I would however love to think Ipswich are in the Championship in 2024 and can I dream a season in the Premier league in 2026 a quarter of a century since we were last there.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 0:54]

Euro 24 in Germany will be great. We’ll have just secured promotion to the Premier League and England will smash their way to winning it on German soil.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gutted on 02:50 - Dec 11 with 660 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nah, Ipswich have been pretty much pathetic for two decades. In fact we have been arguably one of the most boring teams in professional football with just one recent playoff appearance and years and years of mid table finishes. Barely even a relegation battle to get excited about. Although it's nice to have some hope again with new ownership and a talented young manager.

I like this England team of the last three tournaments. Southgate has been found wanting at times but hard to knock him too much this time round (although I'd have brought on attacking subs at 1-1). We were much better team, didn't create enough. Genuinely gutted as it was there for us AGAIN.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 2:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024