Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating but we'll reel Plymouth in 17:05 - Jan 14 with 7771 viewsNutkins_Return

Couldn't afford to lose today and we haven't. Should have won but we move forward. Long season and we'll overtake them.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:16]
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:20 - Jan 15 with 789 viewsNutkins_Return

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:02 - Jan 15 by Funge

The Charlton/ Wednesday/ Fleetwood/ Cheltenham games were all 'better than losses' - and all may very well cost us automatic promotion.

That's the point.

We go round in circles here. There isnt anybody on here happy with or saying draws are ideal or when we drop points just saying "oh well never mind". There are additional points not just one and everything else is wrong.

The point being made is take any promotion side. Now show me one who didn't have draws or defeats. We are going to have them. We are having too many right now and it's is making our task more difficult. But we don't throw in the towel and rip everything up. We address the issues, tweak, improve and move forward. All many of us are saying is we are right still in the mix and have belief in the team and manager. That is it.

I manage quite a lot of people I'm my job. As an analogy I had someone f*** up recently. My approach isn't straight in with a rollicking. We sit down, address the mistake and acknowledge the issue and mistake but I took about its how we now fix it, react and put measures in place to make sure we are better moving forward.

(I will say when I've captained football teams in heat of a match I've lashed out but not after a game. After a game it's always we go again!! Never focus on negative).

I don't see any of the above as negative or losing mentality.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:22 - Jan 15 with 776 viewspointofblue

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:20 - Jan 15 by Nutkins_Return

We go round in circles here. There isnt anybody on here happy with or saying draws are ideal or when we drop points just saying "oh well never mind". There are additional points not just one and everything else is wrong.

The point being made is take any promotion side. Now show me one who didn't have draws or defeats. We are going to have them. We are having too many right now and it's is making our task more difficult. But we don't throw in the towel and rip everything up. We address the issues, tweak, improve and move forward. All many of us are saying is we are right still in the mix and have belief in the team and manager. That is it.

I manage quite a lot of people I'm my job. As an analogy I had someone f*** up recently. My approach isn't straight in with a rollicking. We sit down, address the mistake and acknowledge the issue and mistake but I took about its how we now fix it, react and put measures in place to make sure we are better moving forward.

(I will say when I've captained football teams in heat of a match I've lashed out but not after a game. After a game it's always we go again!! Never focus on negative).

“ We address the issues, tweak, improve and move forward.”

The concern is there is no evidence we’re doing this. The first warning was from Barnsley on 27th August. Very little has changed since then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:22 - Jan 15 with 776 viewsNutkins_Return

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:12 - Jan 15 by pointofblue

I’m starting to become concerned it’s tactical rather than mentality. I have no idea what McKenna was trying to do with his subs yesterday. Humphreys was easily shrugged off the ball against Wycombe so he put him on in a defensive position when he already had Morsy on the pitch? And instead of switching to a midfield three to shore us up he then moved Morsy into a wide left attacking position? If we wanted to play somewhere there bring on Edwards or Jackson instead of Humphreys and leave Morsy in his usual position.

By the way I don't have anything against this type of debate. You may be right. McKenna will and has made some mistakes I'm sure. He will improve as a manager. He gets so much right though. We are lucky to have him. He'll be analysing everything he does.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:59 - Jan 15 with 709 viewsNutkins_Return

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:22 - Jan 15 by pointofblue

“ We address the issues, tweak, improve and move forward.”

The concern is there is no evidence we’re doing this. The first warning was from Barnsley on 27th August. Very little has changed since then.

We definitely still need to improve.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 641 viewsFunge

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 11:20 - Jan 15 by Nutkins_Return

Were you the poster formerly known as Terry Nutkins?
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 20:43 - Jan 15 with 494 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 10:17 - Jan 15 by Nutkins_Return

I take offense to that. Who are you to make up that I and others have a 'loser' mentality. Disgusting comment. I'm unhappy we didn't win. As a grown adult I'm able to put some perspective on where it leaves us in the promotion race and I still believe on balance that we can get promoted and actually that we will.

As someone who has done well in sports and won plenty (amazing with a 'loser' mentality) I can see the merit in not getting to down or too high on single results in a long season). It's not the result we wanted, especially being ahead so late. But a draw is exactly that and a long way to go.

Disgusting comment?

You said you were just glad we didn’t lose. Doesn’t sound much like a winning mentality to me, especially giving the context of everything yesterday and the position we were in. Some other fella said he would take a point before the game lol.

We should be expecting to win this division quite frankly and yesterday was huge, didn’t get it done in the big moment. Hopefully we will get it together but it’s exactly this run of form that may cost us automatic promotion. Call me crazy but I don’t trust us in playoffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024