Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re the architects of our problems …. 21:37 - Feb 14 with 1027 viewsArnieM

Our insistence on playing it out from the back - mostly at walking pace , mean opponents just sit back and allow us the possession. We then hsvd 11 men behind the ball to unpick . It’s the same virtually every game .

There’s zero change of pace , or approach play. We rarely take a speculative shot . We rarely make the keeper work . It’d like watch paint dry.

It’s all so frustrating …. And it’s going to end in tears snd failure once again this season. I’m totally exasperated by us .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:39 - Feb 14 with 949 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Oh i love watching Walton and Woolfenden rolling the ball under their studs a hundred times a game.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 22:07]
We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:40 - Feb 14 with 890 viewspointofblue

Because they've got no one to pass it to. No one is making moves to speed up play. Losing Evans is a blow but the midfield has been poor of late.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 21:41]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:41 - Feb 14 with 884 viewsbrazil1982

No urgency. Even in the last ten minutes.
We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 822 viewsBluecasp

Yep, way too slow all over the park. Morsy seems to have to do a funny little turn before he moves in a forward direction. Harness anonymous. So lucky to have got a draw in the end, not sure how Bristol Rovers didn't score when they hit the post.
We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 775 viewsScuzzer

You are ofcourse 100% correct.
This style is perfectly ok if you happen to be Man City in the PL...but this is no way suitable for league one.
Our season is easing it's way out of the door.

Established 1968

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 760 viewslucas10

It's the lack of urgency for me. At the start of the season we played at fast pace with one touch passing. Now it's so slow and Woolfenden is a huge part of that, he hangs onto the ball for far too long and then tries an elaborate pass and loses possession. The ball should be moved quickly to our technically good players (i.e Aluko in the first half, Broadhead in the second).

No urgency across the midfield either and everyone is either scared to lose the ball or take on a man so it's all played infront of teams. Humphreys was very very poor tonight but it's terrible transfer business that we can't bring on Luongo / Camara / Ball / another to replace him. Shocking performance and management collectively tonight and we didn't look like scoring for a second.
We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 748 viewsLeoMuff

When we have 60 plus percentage possession, we need someone more creative along side Morsy. Also we have x 3 centre backs, and player who has spent most of his career at left back or left centre half (Davis), on the pitch, also Morsy is a more defensive CM. All the creative players we have, we surely don’t need Donacian on the pitch.

Harness offers little at present, and what happened to the high press we used to have ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 675 viewsbackwaywhen

Switched off after 60 mins , nothing to hold me to watch any further , expected to lose with them breaking late on , dare not check scores after , plays offs at best and no certainty of being in top 6 come the end ……. Sad but we are all now used to it .
Login to get fewer ads

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 575 viewsRyorry

It's not just at that end - either our crosses into oppositions' boxes are poor quality - too high, too low, inaccurate - and/or our strikers just aren't in the right place at the right time to turn them in. Thinking particularly of a low cross from the right in the first half which flashed right across the face of goal, for once without a forest of defensive legs to block it, but also no-one in a Town shirt anyhere near it either.

There seems to me to be a distinct lack of anticipation and instinct there - maybe something to do with not having a settled team as others have mentioned & hence lack of understandings and partnerships?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 22:06 - Feb 14 with 536 viewsPlums

It's fine if we draw them in by playing at the back and then use the fact we've stretched them to break quickly but we're unable to. We also seem to be unable or unwilling to play the ball in front of a team mate, it's nearly always to feet which is inherently slow in itself. There's something amiss.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

We’re the architects of our problems …. on 22:11 - Feb 14 with 446 viewsBlueForYou

Whatever it is that we are trying to do, isn’t working & for me has failed. McKenna HAS to change it up. If he is any good then he has to. If he’s unable to, then he is the problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024