Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles 19:36 - Apr 7 with 2672 viewsrgp1

Is it correct that there was issues today getting in as obviously cannot tell from the other end of the ground and can you get to the new turnstiles direct from the fanzine? Thanks in advance
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 20:44 - Apr 7 with 2486 viewsmarkbrennansghost

Absolute joke. Arrived at the ground at 14.40. Got in at 15.05. The queue went round the stadium to Alderman Road. Absolute Joke planning!
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 2372 viewsGeoffSentence

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 20:44 - Apr 7 by markbrennansghost

Absolute joke. Arrived at the ground at 14.40. Got in at 15.05. The queue went round the stadium to Alderman Road. Absolute Joke planning!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 2326 viewsxrayspecs

So which bit of the club announcement to arrive early did you not understand?
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:11 - Apr 7 with 2319 viewsLRB84UK

Arrived at 14.15. No queue, straight through and in my seat by 14.20 no issues here
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:42 - Apr 7 with 2183 viewsNeedhamChris

They were pretty clear about arriving early

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:46 - Apr 7 with 2145 viewscolchesterblue

We arrived about 14:00. Had absolutely no issues at all and was inside Beaties about 3 mins later.
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:52 - Apr 7 with 2106 viewsRozz

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:42 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

They were pretty clear about arriving early

Tbf the queues were 15-20 x anywhere else in the ground. There's asking to arriving early and then there's not being able to deal with numbers. We heard there was a fault with the new machines. We were checked manually before going through the turnstile.

It moved quickly, but missed the first 10 mins.

...then all the shutters went down 2mins into HT refreshments.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 21:53]
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 23:24 - Apr 7 with 1892 viewsmarkbrennansghost

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 21:08 - Apr 7 by xrayspecs

So which bit of the club announcement to arrive early did you not understand?

What announcement about arriving early?

Because of the new turnstiles? I’m a season ticket holder in there and have been for years. I didn’t know the new turnstiles were going live today.

Public transport on a bank holiday meant that was the earliest I could get to the ground. There have been sell outs a few times this season and I have arrived later than this and been in within 5 mins. Don’t get your point
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 03:54 - Apr 8 with 1628 viewsBluespeed225

''Alf Ramseys' new turnstiles''. Wouldn't sound as good on an Alan Partridge racing commentary!
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 07:43 - Apr 8 with 1419 viewsxrayspecs

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 23:24 - Apr 7 by markbrennansghost

Because of the new turnstiles? I’m a season ticket holder in there and have been for years. I didn’t know the new turnstiles were going live today.

Public transport on a bank holiday meant that was the earliest I could get to the ground. There have been sell outs a few times this season and I have arrived later than this and been in within 5 mins. Don’t get your point

Widely covered on club website and social media channels. Even had a video showing fans what they needed to do.

Pretty sure TWTD and local media also covered this too.
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 08:08 - Apr 8 with 1356 viewsbazza

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 23:24 - Apr 7 by markbrennansghost

Was a Wi-Fi issue apparently , when it was working ok people flowed through, but it kept freezing for 30-40 seconds every few people and that’s what caused the issues also the hoarding doesn’t help, everyone coming in like a tunnel. Will be quality once it’s all sorted.
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 11:41 - Apr 8 with 1127 viewsLRB84UK

Arrived at 14.15. No queue, straight through and in my seat by 14.20 no issues here
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 11:50 - Apr 8 with 1104 viewstivo

Arriving at 14.40 on the biggest home crowd of the season, with new turnstiles in use for the first time and complaining it was joke planning. Some people...
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 12:00 - Apr 8 with 1068 viewsMeadowlark

They were not working at 14.50. Chap had to scan us on his phone rather than through the turnstiles.
There was quite a queue, but I don't think I had to wait any longer than usual.
Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 12:58 - Apr 8 with 975 viewslongtimefan

Sir Alf Ramsey new turnstiles on 12:00 - Apr 8 by Meadowlark

They were not working at 14.50. Chap had to scan us on his phone rather than through the turnstiles.
There was quite a queue, but I don't think I had to wait any longer than usual.

My understanding was it was just one pair of the seven pairs that was completely malfunctioning. The others were working but had occasional freezes. I also think one of the main issues is that the current entrance is quite narrow and gets blocked by those queuing for the first set of turnstiles, making access to those beyond very slow. Other than the malfunctioning, which is probably a supplier issue, I don’t think the club can really be blamed. There were plenty of stewards with megaphones directing people and a further steward at every turnstiles to help anyone with problems. Much like the previous turnstiles, the main problem is the weight of numbers turning up less than 30 minutes prior to kick off.

Edit: If they are relying on Wi-Fi for fixed infrastructure like turnstiles then who ever designed the system needs a talking to.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 13:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024