Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where did it all go wrong for Mick McCarthy? 09:26 - Apr 16 with 5334 viewstractordownsouth

I know I've got the other thread for my blog posts but thought I'd make a separate thread for this one because it's got some ITFC interest.

Regardless of how it ended, I think it's a genuine shame to see how his career hasn't recovered since his time here.

https://jacobpowley.substack.com/p/where-did-it-all-go-wrong-for-mick

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Where did it all go wrong for Mick McCarthy? on 12:05 - Apr 18 with 223 viewsMattinLondon

Where did it all go wrong for Mick McCarthy? on 11:54 - Apr 18 by Bluroo

Bit generous! There is a lot more to establishing a footballing philosophy than playing a couple of wingers occasionally. The article that inspired this conversation reminds us that even his spell at Wolves turned to porridge eventually.

Whereas I don’t think that he has ever been the most progressive of managers I do think that he has tried to install some flair into his teams.

But, and it is a big but, when he gets criticised for playing defensive dull football his stubbornness seems to overrule everything else and he doubles down on that brand. It’s a shame as he has a good eye for a player and he was well liked by the players whilst here. His stubbornness simply seems to hinder him.
Where did it all go wrong for Mick McCarthy? on 12:09 - Apr 18 with 210 viewspatrickswell

Where did it all go wrong for Mick McCarthy? on 10:25 - Apr 18 by Bluroo

"Once considered among the finest managers in the Championship"...

I don't think anyone who considers the identify of a football club and the brand of football played to be vitally important, would agree with that statement.

Because of course, those 2 Championship titles were won purely by luck and physical aggression. No skill or acumen employed at all. It’s disgraceful they don’t all do it, but what do you expect when too many managers are obsessed with club identity and the brand of football to actually..,you know win things.
Where did it all go wrong for Mick McCarthy? on 08:05 - Apr 19 with 132 viewsWeWereZombies

Reading the BBC report on Blackpool's home loss to, admittedly a stronger and play off place chasing, West Brom side I think they may have made a mistake getting rid of MickMa so close to the end of the season. An occasion when it was one or two of the players should have been got rid of instead ?

'It was Albion who opened the scoring when the Seasiders dozed off at an 18th-minute corner. Conor Townsend sent John Swift's corner towards the goal, with the unmarked Thomas-Asante claiming the final touch by hooking the ball past Dan Grimshaw...The second goal left their opponents winded, with Stephen Dobbie's side slowly running out of ideas and Albion holding on for a vital victory.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65236145

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024